Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 02:51 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times

Advertisements

Only those men know what the issue is.

I don't like being given things either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 03:15 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
This is not 1985 anymore where people send cards. I think only old people send those boring cards. It is a nice gesture, but I wouldn't hurry to open it either just to read "Happy Birthday"

Old 08-26-2016, 06:31 PM

298 posts, read 276,847 times
is this even a relationship problem?

Old 08-28-2016, 09:48 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
I send cards and I receive cards. Got one the other day because she hadn't seen me lately.

Since some stores sell almost nothing but cards I think that shows there is still a market especially since grocery stores, dollar stores, and other places sell them too. I used to have cards in a store I used to own. People of all ages and both sexes bought cards.

E cards I don't open. They say cheap and can't bother.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:55 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Cards are such a huge waste of money. You go to the store, look thru all the cards worry and decide which one is best, pay for it, go home, address it, give it to your intended. They open it, read it, hopefully say thanks, and toss it.

What a waste.

E-cards can be a lot of fun, but they arent wasting time and paper. The Jacquie Larsen Christmas cards are wonderful.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:15 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
This is for everyone who commented that they don't know what to do with their greeting cards after reading them. Instead of throwing them away you could send them off to one of the many charities that accepts used greeting cards in order to repurpose them for their use. All you have to do is rip off the cover and send them off.

There are a lot of charities that take them. Just Google "recycling greeting cards" and a lot of options will come up. I've been collecting mine for a long time and sending in bulk once I have a big stack of greeting card covers. So the card doesn't just go to waste and gets more use out of it.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:37 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsallrightmama View Post
I'm talking from anyone. One of many examples...My fiancé got a real nice b-day card from my parents and I had to remind him after 3 days to open it.

Men who don't like to receive cards...please enlighten me.
It's a lovely thought and I always open them of course but it's not important to me...... I'd much rather a birthday phone call as its a bit more personal and matters more IMO

Old 08-28-2016, 05:08 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I send cards and I receive cards. Got one the other day because she hadn't seen me lately.

Since some stores sell almost nothing but cards I think that shows there is still a market especially since grocery stores, dollar stores, and other places sell them too. I used to have cards in a store I used to own. People of all ages and both sexes bought cards.

E cards I don't open. They say cheap and can't bother.
I think it's fun getting something in the mail for once (instead of bills and ads). And I actually find it quite a pain to shop for greeting cards, let alone to find really funny ones, so I think it shows more effort. And if we don't see each other on the actual day of the occasion, we'll call each other, too. But, like I said, we really get into trying to finding the funniest and/or most off-color cards we can. We take great pride in it. lol

Anyway, on the flip side, Kevin James does a funny bit about men receiving greeting cards that's more in line with the title of this thread.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:16 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,892,650 times
I imagine it makes them feel guilty because they never send them in return.

I'm a woman and I don't like greeting cards. Waste of money/effort for something I"m just going to throw away.

I had a SIL who would date hers and SAVE them. Dear lord, who has that kind of closet space?

Old 08-28-2016, 08:29 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I don't mind greeting cards and I appreciate the fact that someone was thinking about me and took the time to pick out a card and write something nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships