Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 08:21 AM

11 posts, read 5,556 times

Advertisements

A few months ago we were at a family party and my girlfriends friend tagged along. She proceeded to get blackout drunk and made a fool of herself. Dancing with family members, making out with random guys and generally talking inappropriate drunk nonsense.

At first I wanted to brush it off as a one time thing, but I recently found out that she also slept with another friends exboyfriend (while sober) even though the friend was still clearly not over the breakup.

Should I tell my girlfriend about this and how I really feel about it? She doesn't know about her sleeping with the other guy. Part of me wants to tell her about this so she knows who her friend really is and I can protect her from this person, but part of me doesn't want to damage the close relationship that my girlfriend and this other person have. What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,430,159 times
I would have a casual conversation with the GF about her friend. Don't make it a tattle tell session. Just let her know why you don't like the friend. See what she says. Your GF will and should decide if this is a friendship she wants to maintain or let it fade.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,154,262 times
Tell her what? That she likes to cut loose? Why do you feel anything about this? Protect her from what?

Mind your own business.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,493,129 times
I'm not getting where this is anyone's business. She's not even the EX of the boyfriend that this other woman had slept with? BTW, when you're an ex you're an ex so it's silly to try to hang on to that person and get all upset over it...but it doesn't even relate to her.

So you're protecting her from this friend maybe sleeping with her next exboyfriend?! uhm yeah...sounds like you just want to gossip and create drama. If she's not close enough to this friend to be aware of her drunken behavior already then it really has no impact on her and she has no reason to be concerned.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 AM

29,546 posts, read 22,876,811 times
No.

MYOB.

Period.

Don't be that drama queen.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:42 AM

11 posts, read 5,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Tell her what? That she likes to cut loose? Why do you feel anything about this? Protect her from what?

Mind your own business.
protect my gf from a shady friend that obviously doesn't care about hurting those close to her and generally draws negative attention. If she's doing it to others, she will do it to my gf.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,154,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkcharm View Post
protect my gf from a shady friend that obviously doesn't care about hurting those close to her and generally draws negative attention. If she's doing it to others, she will do it to my gf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No.

MYOB.

Period.

Don't be that drama queen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I'm not getting where this is anyone's business. She's not even the EX of the boyfriend that this other woman had slept with? BTW, when you're an ex you're an ex so it's silly to try to hang on to that person and get all upset over it...but it doesn't even relate to her.

So you're protecting her from this friend maybe sleeping with her next exboyfriend?! uhm yeah...sounds like you just want to gossip and create drama. If she's not close enough to this friend to be aware of her drunken behavior already then it really has no impact on her and she has no reason to be concerned.

Read above, again.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:49 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,798,390 times
It's pretty likely your GF is not clueless about her friend's conduct and has chosen to remain friends anyway. You say they're close. How long have they been friends?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:50 AM

22,744 posts, read 47,993,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkcharm View Post
A few months ago we were at a family party and my girlfriends friend tagged along. She proceeded to get blackout drunk and made a fool of herself. Dancing with family members, making out with random guys and generally talking inappropriate drunk nonsense.
Ummm... since you were at the party with your girlfriend, she KNOWS how her friend acted.

Keep your nose out of it.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:51 AM

29,546 posts, read 22,876,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Read above, again.
I have a feeling the OP, like the majority of people who come on here seeking 'advice', is not really looking for all advice per se, but only looking for people that agree with him (or her). Reassurances, if you will, that their line of thought is correct and that they should proceed with their course of action.

Hence, the OP is already trying to reason with one response above why he thinks the way he is.

I predict multiple pages of the OP continuing to argue why he should tell his girlfriend about this, despite what people have told him about minding his own business.

It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships