Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 7,564 times

Advertisements

I knew this Puerto Rican girl for 4 Years she was a Taurus we used to go out, Everything was cool than we broke up, and had a huge fight That led to us not talking for a year I never tried to talk to her again. Then one day I started Thinkin about her, and out of nowhere I got a Fb message rom her telling me how much she misses me and how she wishes we were still talking. So we decided to give it another shot that also didn't end well either she used to act like she wanted to be with me but we used to get into arguments over the dumbest thing. So finally we decided to be just friends and I was cool with that, everything was going good and she started calling me her best friend. I thought it was sweet we used to talk about everything and I suddenly felt closer to her than I felt when I was her bf, but I just couldn't understand how she would tell me how much she wanted to hang out with me and do things together. For example she used to always tell me that whenever she comes to my location we would hang out, but when she showed up I found out that she was hanging out with her other friends and every time I let her know that I knew she was in my area and didn't even attempt to contact me, she would just give me some bs excuse like "oh I thought you would be busy" smh like how hard would it be to contact me and let me know you were interested in making plans together. Then I'd see her on sites with pics of her and friends. I felt used like she didn't really wanna be my friend and only used me to talk crap about other people and run to me whenever one of her bfs cheated on her or she was going through problems. She would always tell me how people used to leave her. I feel like she only gave me the bestie title because she wanted me to stick around, I'd hate to admit it but at times I feel like she ruined my life. before she hmu again after not talking for a year I was so happy like everything was going good now I can't stop thinking about her I even check her social media every once in a while I haven't tried to talk to her since our fight, I want Everything to go back to how it was before she contacted me again. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 04:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Did she give you an incurable disease?
Did she ruin your credit rating?
Did she cause you to get fired from your job in spectacular, public fashion, the kind that will be out there in social media for eons?
Did she cause you to get disinherited?
Did she cause you to commit a crime for which you're now serving time in the pokey?

If she didn't do any of these things, she didn't ruin your life. Man up, grow a pair, lose the drama, and move on.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:02 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconspicuousx View Post
I knew this Puerto Rican girl for 4 Years she was a Taurus we used to go out, Everything was cool than we broke up, and had a huge fight That led to us not talking for a year I never tried to talk to her again. Then one day I started Thinkin about her, and out of nowhere I got a Fb message rom her telling me how much she misses me and how she wishes we were still talking. So we decided to give it another shot that also didn't end well either she used to act like she wanted to be with me but we used to get into arguments over the dumbest thing. So finally we decided to be just friends and I was cool with that, everything was going good and she started calling me her best friend. I thought it was sweet we used to talk about everything and I suddenly felt closer to her than I felt when I was her bf, but I just couldn't understand how she would tell me how much she wanted to hang out with me and do things together. For example she used to always tell me that whenever she comes to my location we would hang out, but when she showed up I found out that she was hanging out with her other friends and every time I let her know that I knew she was in my area and didn't even attempt to contact me, she would just give me some bs excuse like "oh I thought you would be busy" smh like how hard would it be to contact me and let me know you were interested in making plans together. Then I'd see her on sites with pics of her and friends. I felt used like she didn't really wanna be my friend and only used me to talk crap about other people and run to me whenever one of her bfs cheated on her or she was going through problems. She would always tell me how people used to leave her. I feel like she only gave me the bestie title because she wanted me to stick around, I'd hate to admit it but at times I feel like she ruined my life. before she hmu again after not talking for a year I was so happy like everything was going good now I can't stop thinking about her I even check her social media every once in a while I haven't tried to talk to her since our fight, I want Everything to go back to how it was before she contacted me again. Any advice?
First bit of advice is to sever all ties. If you really wanna go back to how things were before she contacted you again.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Did she give you an incurable disease?
Did she ruin your credit rating?
Did she cause you to get fired from your job in spectacular, public fashion, the kind that will be out there in social media for eons?
Did she cause you to get disinherited?
Did she cause you to commit a crime for which you're now serving time in the pokey?

If she didn't do any of these things, she didn't ruin your life. Man up, grow a pair, lose the drama, and move on.
No but I wasted a lot of time on something that wasn't even there when I could've been with someone else or just enjoy my life.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
No but I wasted a lot of time on something that wasn't even there when I could've been with someone else or just enjoy my life.
You sound young. A lot of us probably thought our life was also ruined when these things happened when we were young too.

Your life isn't ruined, but you can probably do a pretty good job at shaving some years off if you continue to be in contact with this girl.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
You sound young. A lot of us probably thought our life was also ruined when these things happened when we were young too.

Your life isn't ruined, but you can probably do a pretty good job at shaving some years off if you continue to be in contact with this girl.
What makes me mad is that she came back into my life not the other way around. Like things were really going well for me before me and her started talking again she couldn't even tell me sorry for how she treated me I was always the one apologizing.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:41 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
What makes me mad is that she came back into my life not the other way around. Like things were really going well for me before me and her started talking again she couldn't even tell me sorry for how she treated me I was always the one apologizing.
This is on you, homeboy. What you allow will continue (sorry). I know it sucks, but you gotta take some ownership here. It's not even that big a deal, I was expecting a really horrible story here.. lol. ( Hell- I've experienced worse myself )

Old 10-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
This is on you, homeboy. What you allow will continue (sorry). I know it sucks, but you gotta take some ownership here. It's not even that big a deal, I was expecting a really horrible story here.. lol. ( Hell- I've experienced worse myself )
You right Im not even talkin to her anymore

Old 10-12-2016, 05:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Your life is not ruined. The Taurus and Puerto Rican stuff is irrelevant.

You met a girl, you dated her, it didn't work out. End of story. That's how things go sometimes. Move on. Just have to remind yourself and take this as a lesson learned.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I've dealt with one of these before.

DO. NOT. TALK. TO. HER. ANYMORE.

I need to emphasize this, or else she will be ruining you 5 years from now or however long. Even if you go years without talking to her again, don't let her back in.

My friend used to refer to this type of ex as ''The perennial''.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships