Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 09:54 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic2 View Post
Research has shown that there is a 75 perxent successful reuniting rate between first loves who get back together later in life. It is said these couples can pick up right where they left off and they can "see them as what they used to be" despite them being grown and different. Do you not agree?
I disagree. People change throughout the years. But you can believe what you want to believe in order to justify your insecurities while sabotaging your relationship.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:59 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
But do you look back in fondness at your adult relationships just as you did your teen relationships? Do you think there is nothing sweeter than young love?
Oh yes, my first real teenage love. I remember, very fondly her trying to pig stick me with a German made butcher knife, because she had some crazy idea I was sleeping with her older sister. Oh... the sweetness of 'young love'

Old 07-03-2016, 10:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Lots of young people's first sexual experiences are coerced, lackluster, awkward, any number of other things that make them not exactly beautiful rose-colored memories.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:10 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
What research??

Why do you keep asking if people agree with you when they obviously don't?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, not sure if you have an agenda or not. I think generically speaking humans have a tendency to overly romanticized the past, the past tends to get viewed in a softened way.

That fact may tend to make people think more fondly of the past, but IDK, maybe I'm off here.

To answer your question, I don't look back at my past relationships with all that sweet of an eye. I don't think young love is all that great, it's just a different phase, maybe a bit sweeter just in the sense that we aren't as jaded as we are when adults, but this isn't stuff that I've given much thought to.
When I first saw the thread, I ran through my mind what possible agendas might there be with asking this, and I couldn't come up with anything, so I answered. But it appears that there might yet be one. lol

Old 07-03-2016, 10:12 PM

10 posts, read 6,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, not sure if you have an agenda or not. I think generically speaking humans have a tendency to overly romanticized the past, the past tends to get viewed in a softened way.

That fact may tend to make people think more fondly of the past, but IDK, maybe I'm off here.

To answer your question, I don't look back at my past relationships with all that sweet of an eye. I don't think young love is all that great, it's just a different phase, maybe a bit sweeter just in the sense that we aren't as jaded as we are when adults, but this isn't stuff that I've given much thought to.
So you agree that young love is sweeter then? And you look at teen romance more fondly than past adult romances?

That pretty much confirms it.

That is why i cant overlook the fact she has had a teen love in her past. Because she will always look back in some fondness, especially because she was innocent and "jaded" as you said.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
That pretty much confirms it.
ROFL

Ok, dude, your GF is dreaming of her teen ex right now. Better break up so they can reunite and finally be happy.

Is that what you want to hear?

Old 07-03-2016, 10:30 PM

10 posts, read 6,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
ROFL

Ok, dude, your GF is dreaming of her teen ex right now. Better break up so they can reunite and finally be happy.

Is that what you want to hear?
No, I just know my situation is ****ed

Maybe reincarnation exists. I dont know. But my hopes is one day I can live a new life and experience missed opportunities.

But i dont think i can ever see love the same again.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:37 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Just remember....

Your situation and your views is a product and only a product of the decisions your make... no one else.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
No, I just know my situation is ****ed

Maybe reincarnation exists. I dont know. But my hopes is one day I can live a new life and experience missed opportunities.

But i dont think i can ever see love the same again.
Look at it this way.

As someone with an admitted lack of experience in this area, it would BENEFIT you to remain open-minded and willing to learn. So far, you have acted as if you know it all already and cannot attempt to learn ideas that may contradict what you already believe.

Reincarnation? No. You can give up if you want, or you can learn and change.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:52 PM

302 posts, read 230,662 times
God, haven't we answered this yet???? Sorry OP, having a hard time believing this is sincere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships