Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 07:08 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InteriorDesign View Post
I wasn't even approaching that girl anyway, I thought she was the cashier lol she wasn't. I didn't know saying just hello, was considered a romantic approach now.

I only approach women who actually give me enough signs that she is actually physically attracted to me and interested in me, otherwise, I would never bother. They don't approach men anyway. In most cases, whether they show signs or not, most are already taken, so why even bother. I'll take my chances with the ones that actually are receptive and show some signs of interest. That is not how people find their romantic partners, though, it is usually through social circles. There are so many things that have to perfectly fall into place.

I always lol when I read women giving all these tips to men when it comes to finding a girlfriend as if it was similar to finding a job.

Yet you were offended enough by this women whom you had "no interest in to begin with" not giving you the time of day that you felt the need "to put her in her place". That's your ego Bud. Lol
And yup... You should never take dating advice from women... What the H do we know?

Last edited by Sydney123; 07-08-2016 at 07:16 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 PM

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Quote:
I admit that I may have a serious looking expression. I have been told I have an intense look or penetrating gaze. No, I don't do it on purpose. I have very masculine facial features, high cheekbones, wide jaw, prominent brow ridge, low set eyebrows, I always rock facial hair, so my regular expression is probably not that friendly, but there is nothing I can do about it, is not like I can change the way my face looks. I'm not going to be smiling like an idiot 24/7 for no reason. It may actually make me look creepy because it would look fake.

I suppose I have a resting biatch face, in my case, a resting jerk face. I can be relaxed, happy, in a good mood, but look too serious or even pissed on the outside. This combined with my above average looks doesn't help me much. Also, I have no problems with men and older women saying hello or talking me, the majority does. It is mostly young women who ignore me and act like I'm not even there.
Ok.. Again, the solution is to smile more. You don't have to sport a gigantic clown smile, but you should consciously make an effort to subtly smile with your mouth closed and smile with your eyes. If you look unapproachable, no one will talk to you. End of.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
When I make very very sure not to make eye contact and to basically "not see" a guy, it's because I'm worried that even the smallest glance will make him come over, start up a conversation or whatever. I am trying to make darned sure I give no opener whatsoever for that to happen.

This isn't a "women are full of themselves" thing, it could be any reason that I don't want the person approaching, and it goes for not having women approach me, too. Something about the person makes me very nervous and not in a "he's so gorgeous" way. In fact, when a person is very handsome or beautiful I generally WILL look. I know I'm not giving the wrong impression when I do because, well, I'm just sort of conscious of that kind of thing. But it's hard not to see a very very attractive person even if you don't want anything at all from that person.

That's just me.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:15 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
You come across as unapproachable.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2016, 07:18 PM

86 posts, read 82,786 times
It's because you are not as attractive as you think you are. You sound awkward and like you are lacking social skills. You could be physically attractive but all that will seriously dock you. Attractiveness to women is more than just looks. If you are a freak you could be the ugliest guy on the planet because you make women feel uncomfortable like you are half robot.

How about a lesson in humility. You need to do some volunteer work or something. I would say post a pic but you sound really annoying. Not to be rude but seriously personality and humility are attractive.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:23 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
This really pisses me off, though, how is a guy supposed to even approach or talk to these females, when they act like you don't even exist, they don't even acknowledge your presence.
You're not. If they're giving off a "don't talk to me" vibe, 99 percent of the time, the explanation is simple: they don't want to talk to you. They might be busy, or in a relationship, or preoccupied, or find something about you offputting, etc, but the reason doesn't really matter - you're not entitled to their time or attention.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:26 PM

25 posts, read 130,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
You're not. If they're giving off a "don't talk to me" vibe, 99 percent of the time, the explanation is simple: they don't want to talk to you. They might be busy, or in a relationship, or preoccupied, or find something about you offputting, etc, but the reason doesn't really matter - you're not entitled to their time or attention.
and they aren't entitled to mine either, so as I soon as I see them acting this way like I don't exist, I will ignore them too. I can act more stuckup and like I don't give a crap than they ever could. Why should I talk to someone who acts like this? The fact that you are taken or not, is irrelevant, I'm talking about simply saying hello to people and acknowledging their presence, not even trying to get numbers or a date. They act like you don't even exist.

People here saying, maybe you look intimidating, you look unapproachable, you don't look friendly, what about these women, then? They make themselves unapproachable as well. So, is ok for them to act this way, but not for me? So, just because they have a boyfriend, then is ok for them to act like other men don't exist, like everyone is trying to hit on them, like every guy is a creep, etc?

Last edited by InteriorDesign; 07-08-2016 at 07:35 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 07:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
and they aren't entitled to mine either, so as I soon as I see them acting this way, I will ignore them too. I can act more of an ******* and stuckup than they could ever be.
But they are not being jerks or stuck-up, they are just avoiding you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2016, 07:29 PM

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Quote:
and they aren't entitled to mine either, so as I soon as I see them acting this way, I will ignore them too. I can act more of an ******* and stuckup than they could ever be.
This type of attitude towards women probably won't get you far. Even if they are stuckup, who cares. You don't know them and they don't know you. Frankly it isn't normal to get this worked up over random strangers..

Old 07-08-2016, 07:36 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
and they aren't entitled to mine either, so as I soon as I see them acting this way like I don't exist, I will ignore them too. I can act more stuckup and like I don't give a crap than they ever could.
Cool, then why are you so mad?

Quote:
Why should I approach someone who acts like this?
You shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships