Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 06:47 PM

15 posts, read 9,047 times

Advertisements

hey guys. Really need some help here. Its hell in my head. Met my ex gf in college, we fell in love and had a great relationship. were together for over 2 years but things got really difficult after school, we couldnt see each other much and it was just hard for us and she broke up with me 8 months after school ended.

When we were together things were great, we got along really well, talked all the time and became so close we were best friends and loved each other alot. Those two years we were together were the best years of our lives and it just sucked that it had to end.

After we broke up we never really talked much. we broke up last year around this time. And she messaged me last month and we have been talking on and off ever since.

she talks hot and cold sometimes, and we talked over the phone a few times but not in a few days.
Honestly speaking i still have feelings for her, she meant alot to me and i loved her alot, we were extremely close and it was hard when things ended.

when we talk we reminisce alot, says she misses how things use to be, how she wish she could go back to those times we had and stuff and told a friend of mine she missed me also. We've been talking for about a month now. Never talked about reconciliation.

we never really went out when we were together because we never really could of because of her parents and stuff, so we spend every day together in school. we enjoyed spending time together and talking and i do miss her.

i asked her out but she says when shes ready, i wasnt really dissapointed because like i said we never really went out. she says she'll come by sometime because she also has some things to drop for me.

I want to tell her how i feel. Is easier now because we are talking again and im just not sure when to tell her and exactly what to tell her.

do i tell her soon or after she visits me, im not too sure when she'll come by. My heads going crazy with thoughts. If i could try again with her id love that because the times we had were the best and happiest times of my life.

So what do i say guys?
and when do i say it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 06:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
I mean, you could TRY it, but exes are usually "ex" for a reason.

I don't know if it's just the way you wrote about it or the way the relationship was, but I am reading a LOT of wishy-washy, noncommital navel-gazing. What, exactly, are you planning to tell her?

I'm betting this is 15% feelings and 85% nostalgia, and there is a huge chance you will ruin the good memories you had by dragging yourselves through an even worse breakup the second time around.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:12 PM

Sorry about the writing english isnt my first language. I know what we had wasnt a full blown realationship because we didnt do many things. safe to say all we did was talk on the phone every day and spend everyday together for 2 years, never really went out or anything. She did meet my parents and stuff and my family, we were serious but things just got difficult mostly because we were young and it ended.

Now that we have been talking again the feelings do come back. We were just really close and i missed that. I did move on and been with other girls and it was great.

But things were diff with her, and she said that as well and said that things really did get difficult after school.

we spent all our time together and became really close. sometimes i think we met each other at the righ place but the wrong time.

what i want to say to her? I dont know exactly. But id like to tell her i still think about her everyday, and the time i had with her were the best and happiest times of my life, i never felt that way before in my life i only felt that way when i was with her. and now that some times gone by i knew what we had and it was the best thing i ever had and if we could do it again, i would like to.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:24 PM

Do you live in the same city?

Old 07-17-2016, 07:25 PM

yes we do.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:30 PM

Then there's a chance you might be able to try things again.

The fact that you didn't really go out on dates is not that unusual for a college relationship. It sounds like you two had a strong bond. It might be worth pursuing.

There's nothing wrong with being honest with someone you used to love about your feelings for them. Honestly, though, you need to prepare yourself for the possibility that it may not work out the way you hope.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:32 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times
Why is it difficult, even impossible, to leave the past in the past?

Yes, you can try to start something with an ex. However if you do end up in a relationship, you'll end up broke up again. Your best bet is to leave the past in the past. Delete contact information and everything.

That is best.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Then there's a chance you might be able to try things again.

The fact that you didn't really go out on dates is not that unusual for a college relationship. It sounds like you two had a strong bond. It might be worth pursuing.

There's nothing wrong with being honest with someone you used to love about your feelings for them. Honestly, though, you need to prepare yourself for the possibility that it may not work out the way you hope.

we did have a strong bond. even though it didnt contain everything it was really special. we were always there for each other no matter what and talked about everything.

Actually i already have. Its not like i'll be incredibly sad or hurt if she doesnt want to get back together, i'll respect her decision and move on. But the way i see it is i have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:46 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,250,466 times
Id bet a dozen donuts that she just broke up with someone, and is calling you because she's lonely. When she meets someone new, she'll dump you again.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Why is it difficult, even impossible, to leave the past in the past?

Yes, you can try to start something with an ex. However if you do end up in a relationship, you'll end up broke up again. Your best bet is to leave the past in the past. Delete contact information and everything.

That is best.

It isnt difficult. After we broke up and i did all the stupid things of begging and pleading and stuff i left her alone and moved on with my life. she contacted me 2 months after to see how i was doing, i said good and ended the convo, a month after she contacted me again and just made small talk.

I stopped talking to her and she didnt really say anything again just messaged me a few times and that was that.

This isnt an excuse or anything but i grew up tough, i went through everything from poverty to violence, abusive father and broken home and still going through stuff right now. She was there though, for comfort, for love, to listen to talk for everything, she was there and i couldve always talk to her with things without holding back.

that brought us closer together and one of the reasons im so fond of her other than all the great times together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships