Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 01:35 AM

50 posts, read 161,577 times

Advertisements

Okay - I've been very unlucky in love in the dating world.
So I thought I give the online dating a go - signed with Okcupid - not bad reaction - but most are no no - I clicked with one guy from similar background and age. He initiated contacted I responded warmly - we exchanged numbers - chatted via messaging and spoke on the phone once.
He asked me if we could get together - I agreed - so we both agreed this Saturday is best for us.
He lives about less than an 1 hour - I suggested I meet him in his area because i rather he takes the lead of what we do.
He suggested dinner and movie after- either at cinema or at his place. I said we will see how it gones after dinner.

So here is my questions and concerns:
1) is it a red flag that he asking me to his place - he even said - if we decide go to the cinema- I should crush at his place over night and he will drive me home in the morning.
2)my Okcupid profile picture is very smooth no imperfection - - where in real I have minor bad skin - so I am worry I might come across fake or that I deceive him.
I have mention this to him - he asked if we could Skype but I don't have Skype and after that he said it is fine.
3) This is the first date I accepted from the site - but do guys always try to get multiple dates- so I might not be his only date this week?
And how easy is it for guys to get dates from Okcupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 01:53 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
1) I don't believe its a red flag for Netflix at home, but many here will disagree (mainly women)

2) As long as you're not an entirely different person than your pic, I believe most guys will let it slide.

3) Depends on the guy, but most guys cant handle multiple dating. And I'm sure its not a walk in the park for most guys to get dates online.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:55 AM

Also - I might have given the impression I am not looking for serious relationship - so how to I correct this. He seems like a good catch other than him suggesting I stay his place.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:59 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennymm View Post
Also - I might have given the impression I am not looking for serious relationship - so how to I correct this. .
I doubt you'll correct it by agreeing to an overnight before you two have even met.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
1) I don't believe its a red flag for Netflix at home, but many here will disagree (mainly women)

2) As long as you're not an entirely different person than your pic, I believe most guys will let it slide.

3) Depends on the guy, but most guys cant handle multiple dating. And I'm sure its not a walk in the park for most guys to get dates online.
Okay thanks- that's good to know - I am don't want to feel I am competing.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I doubt you'll correct it by agreeing to an overnight.
I have not agreed to over night yet - so I won't - thanks

Old 07-22-2016, 02:14 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,672 times
Personally, I would feel uncomfortable about him asking me over to his place on a first date. An hour isn't that far to drive back home. In fact why don't you meet halfway between your 2 places, that way if you're not interested in each other, you can have a quick coffee and both go your own way? Dinner is too much for someone you haven't even met.

Skype might be a worthwhile investment. You can both quickly decide whether you want to put in the effort for an actual date.

People on dating sites are usually multiple dating till they meet someone they want to be exclusive with. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You can date around as long as you are honest about it so no one unintentionally gets hurt.

Bear in mind that there are a lot of guys who are just looking for sex, so be very careful about how you present yourself and what you agree to. Safety first, always!

Old 07-22-2016, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Personally, I would feel uncomfortable about him asking me over to his place on a first date. An hour isn't that far to drive back home. In fact why don't you meet halfway between your 2 places, that way if you're not interested in each other, you can have a quick coffee and both go your own way? Dinner is too much for someone you haven't even met.

Skype might be a worthwhile investment. You can both quickly decide whether you want to put in the effort for an actual date.

People on dating sites are usually multiple dating till they meet someone they want to be exclusive with. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You can date around as long as you are honest about it so no one unintentionally gets hurt.

Bear in mind that there are a lot of guys who are just looking for sex, so be very careful about how you present yourself and what you agree to. Safety first, always!

Thank you - I've thought of suggesting meeting halfway afterwards when I already suggested going to his area - I'm thinking me changing my mind will come across as me being indecisive. I dont know if it is too late to bring it up again?
Yeah thats what I am concern about because I can't do multiple dates.
If this one doesn't work out then I will go back to it again.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:01 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennymm View Post
Thank you - I've thought of suggesting meeting halfway afterwards when I already suggested going to his area - I'm thinking me changing my mind will come across as me being indecisive. I dont know if it is too late to bring it up again?
Yeah thats what I am concern about because I can't do multiple dates.
If this one doesn't work out then I will go back to it again.
You could just say hey, since it's our first date, how about we meet halfway. You could actually look up suitable places that are halfway & offer them as suggestions. I usually meet earlier in the day for a first meet & I try to keep it very light that way no one is out of pocket for the date.

Both of you should be putting in some effort, but it sounds rather 1 sided I.e. You are travelling to him & possibly to his house. What is he doing?

Date in a way that's comfortable to you. Just bear in mind that other people have no qualms about multiple dating so adjust your expectations accordingly. Good luck

Old 07-22-2016, 05:01 AM

Thank you - will do - now as I feel it is too late to change plans - I will go as planned - but after dinner - I will either get a taxi back but if he is gentlemen he will probably drive me back hopefully or not.
I won't go to the movie - Iwill say - "we catch movie another time as it is late now"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships