Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 09:01 AM

103 posts, read 93,400 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd ask this guy out for a second date as I think I need to be able to handle rejections.
I think he was gorgeous but very awkward. Didn't really like him that much but thought no biggie, maybe it was just first date. He was all over me, saying how beautiful I'm and was shocked that I'm still single. And be also asked me to show him around town some time. And yes we had sex on first date. I'm not against sex on first dates at all. In fact all my long term relationships started with hookups or sex on first date.
The next morning, he asked to do something soon again. I was like ok cool.
I wasn't sure if I should text as I wasn't looking for anything serious. And the fact that he broke up with his ex a few weeks ago tells me this guy is still hung up on his ex. I asked him out anyway and he said he's gonna be busy with no alternative date suggested.

I actually don't feel rejected or anything. I'm kind of glad that I made the move to ask a guy out against all my fears and knowing he might not be interested. And it kind of confirmed the lesson I learned a long time ago, don't trust their words.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:09 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,004,647 times
She doesn't like him and then sleeps with him? Really?

Old 07-19-2016, 09:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She doesn't like him and then sleeps with him? Really?
Happens not infrequently, actually. I've experienced it more than a few times, some recently.. And know a few women that "salvage a date" frequently enough.

Each to their own. I long ago learned that a woman sleeping with you doesn't mean she likes you, or even respects you, it means she wants to get some.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:29 AM

I found him physically attractive and I am a sexual person. I don't see the problem here? And I understand sometimes first date can be awkward so I shrugged it off. I really don't want this thread turn into "you put out on first date ofc now he's no longer interested".
I'm just glad that I'm no longer that girl who would get so ahead of herself after guys showed signs of interests and got incredibly upset when they then flaked. But it's quite discouraging that it's so difficult to find someone I'm attracted to physically and personality-wise.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy2013 View Post
I found him physically attractive and I am a sexual person. I don't see the problem here?
There isn't any. This just didn't work out. Even if there was chemistry in the bedroom that doesn't mean its necessarily enough for another date. Been on both sides of that.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Happens not infrequently, actually. I've experienced it more than a few times, some recently.. And know a few women that "salvage a date" frequently enough.

Each to their own. I long ago learned that a woman sleeping with you doesn't mean she likes you, or even respects you, it means she wants to get some.
Sometimes sex is just sex. We are all human. We all crave physical intimacy from time to time.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There isn't any. This just didn't work out. Even if there was chemistry in the bedroom that doesn't mean its necessarily enough for another date. Been on both sides of that.
Agreed. But I don't understand how people can fake signs of interests when they aren't really that interested. I personally can't fake and don't intend to learn how to fake. I usually just go NC if I'm not interested after first date. I don't like to lead people on.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:32 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,158,443 times
Quote:
And the fact that he broke up with his ex a few weeks ago tells me this guy is still hung up on his ex.
How so?

Old 07-19-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Agreed. But I don't understand how people can fake signs of interests when they aren't really that interested. I personally can't fake and don't intend to learn how to fake. I usually just go NC if I'm not interested after first date. I don't like to lead people on.
Different people work differently. I believe it is rude to just disappear and rarely, if ever, do that. Being polite isn't leading someone on in my book.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:39 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,340,833 times
Been there!! It's hard enough not being awkward on the first date, let alone first date/sex. I am not going to judge like I said been there done that, but you are right about one thing at least, he probably is still hung up on his ex, and he went out with you and he got some then moved on...glad you are not getting down about it. But don't judge all guys as not being able to trust anything they say. Not all of us are like that.( I don't guess)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships