Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:35 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,646,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I seldom quote entire posts but this one deserves it.
I prefer and attract younger men...sometimes so much younger there is no way in hell I can 'cover it up' or look as young as they are
If a new online contact ,I ask them one very revealing question.
Will you take me to gatherings with friends/ family and be able to proudly announce why you're with that "old lady"?
LOL....gets some interesting replies.
I think how a lady takes care of their bodies as they get older is a huge factor.

There's a lady that's around 50 years old in this area who I find very hot. I got to be careful not to get the husband upset by checking her out. She's taken care of herself. She probably looks her age, but obviously spends some time to look nice. We can't stop the effects of aging, but we can still take care of ourselves.

I find so many let themselves go as they get older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I think how a lady takes care of their bodies as they get older is a huge factor.

There's a lady that's around 50 years old in this area who I find very hot. I got to be careful not to get the husband upset by checking her out. She's taken care of herself. She probably looks her age, but obviously spends some time to look nice. We can't stop the effects of aging, but we can still take care of ourselves.

I find so many let themselves go as they get older.
So...still about looks. I don't really see the difference. If an old lady can manage to look leagues better than the norm she may be worth crushing.

You confirmed my post, you just switched "body" for "face."

Is an older woman worth taking out? If she physically has an exemplary look that bucks the norm, yes. Otherwise, forget it.

Sorry, still not feeling the love over here. Still you are saying it all comes down to whether she can trick your eye. You're not saying older women are attractive, you're saying older women who don't look like typical older women are attractive.

Last edited by JerZ; 08-04-2016 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 06:00 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,915,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I've noticed something sad on this thread...well, on any thread that mentions older women, actually.

Practically any time a poster mentions how awesome an older woman can be, the fact that she LOOKS so much YOUNGER than her age is mentioned. Sometimes, it's trumpeted. It's generally accompanied by "ZOMG you'd NEVER THINK this woman was 40/45/50/whatever. People fall down shocked! They demand to see the woman's driver's license! They think she must have the Ring of Power in her pocket! You would never ever ever ever ever believe she was olllllllllllllllllllllllld!...well, by looking at her."

And when the women talk about how they are with or have been with much younger men, usually, "I look much younger than my age anyway" or "people are SHOCKED that we're not the same age" is thrown in.

Boy, we women are generally useless if we actually do age, eh?

But if we still look younger, if we can create an illusion, then it's okay to hit it. Right, fellas?

When do you ever hear "Yes, I'm with a woman 15 years older than I am, everybody knows it on sight and I'm totally fine with it"? Even women who themselves want others to believe they're fine with a younger man situation, feel compelled to defend their relationship by saying they (the women) look younger than their age. That's telling, IMO.

Just kind of sad, really. I don't think you can say you "totally love older women" or "are fine with older women" if you're sticking an "...as long as she doesn't look anywhere near her age" in there. Because if so, you're not okay with an older woman, you're okay with someone more established, less needy but she still better look like a girl you'd really like to crush. By no means in that case are you okay with the average older woman who (no, seriously) ages. Just like you do.
I agree with what you are saying and it's the reason I am skeptical of relationships where the woman is 12 years+ older than the man. No matter how beautiful you look for any age it's still obvious that, if not today, someday soon it will be obvious that the woman is much older than the man and in our society it is still unacceptable as the older woman can seem like a mother figure. This is why I could not date more than five years younger plus I find men that are older sexy. In my early 20's guys my age seemed too immature. I had a crush on a man in his late 30's when I was 21 but never acted on it.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:10 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,169,043 times
Interesting. I'm going to assume that those men being stuck on the ''only 18-24 year-old girls'' aren't the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Is your mother single?

At 29, you are just entering your prime. If you're mostly encountering guys who are zeroed in on 22-year-olds, you are probably looking in the wrong places.
Nope, she's still married to my father.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,169,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I have gone MGTOW, men going their own way. Women's liabilities have become way more than anything they bring to the table. As a single man, I love hearing my married male friends tell me how miserable marriage is after 5-10 years. I could literally care less about dating. It's a giant hassle and women's dating profiles are the biggest laughs of them all.
Meanwhile, I'll still look for a marriage-minded man without a care about that new label. Men that don't want commitment are really doing me a favor since I don't have to waste my time on someone that's not on my same page.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,550,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Meanwhile, I'll still look for a marriage-minded man without a care about that new label. Men that don't want commitment are really doing me a favor since I don't have to waste my time on someone that's not on my same page.
I completely agree

Old 08-04-2016, 06:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,881,848 times
IDK. I get along better with younger men. I just seem to have more fun, more to laugh about, not so serious, more open minded! I was surprised at the amount of messages I received from younger men on OLD. I was skeptical and hate the word 'cougar' yuck.

Since I was new to dating and younger men, I mostly rolled my eyes and moved along, thinking it was only a sexual challenge thing for them, as some messages included things like: "think you can keep up?" (well yeah, I regularly walk 10 miles and work out, have self defense training bi-annually, so I think I could probably kick your ass if I had to, just sayin'--arthritis hasn't kicked in yet, but maybe dementia).

I did reply to one though, and asked: I really liked your profile, sweet and I laughed out loud. Why is it you're attracted to someone almost 20 years older than you? Be honest.
He said he honestly didn't notice my age and we had a lot of the same opinions, thought I had some humorous perspectives. Asked why I was defensive about my age..
I didn't realize I was, but that's what I started the conversation out with, age, not him.

I'm currently interested in someone who's more than 10 years younger than me. We don't talk about age, and I'm not concerned with what anyone I know would think, if it gets to that point.

This forum has helped me a lot to see that the stigmas we have are sometimes self-imposed, and adhered to, for no explainable reason at all. People limit themselves and blame society, but no one really cares what you're doing!

Last edited by RbccL; 08-04-2016 at 06:58 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 06:48 PM

273 posts, read 209,756 times
Quote:
So...still about looks. I don't really see the difference. If an old lady can manage to look leagues better than the norm she may be worth crushing.

Is an older woman worth taking out? If she physically has an exemplary look that bucks the norm, yes. Otherwise, forget it.

Sorry, still not feeling the love over here. Still you are saying it all comes down to whether she can trick your eye. You're not saying older women are attractive, you're saying older women who don't look like typical older women are attractive.
Define "older".

Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,608,164 times
Despite what I said previously about keeping an open mind regarding the age of acceptable mates, in fact, the oldest woman with whom I've ever been involved, was 25 at the time we met. Most of them were even younger. One main reason for this, is that the high-caliber type of women who interest me, are mostly taken and out of circulation by that age. If the younger ones keep showing an interest, there's no point in fighting it, especially since there's not much other choice.

Also, many available women over 25 have been damaged by bad previous relationships, childbirth or a decline in physical condition. And one big thing that makes younger women more appealing, is that in the current generation, they definitely are less interested in long-term relationships than those who are ten years or more older.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:06 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,646,423 times
Quote:

Actually JerZ you're posts on here are generally very informative and intelligent and I personally find that very attractive.

There are so many other variables really, and those all come down to the individual. I think people can grow older and still take care of themselves. I try to and find it attractive when others do also.

Of course as I get more and more lonely and desparate any perceived 'standard' I have is getting tossed out the window. If there is a beating heart there is a chance

JK I'm really not that pathetic..

or am I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships