Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 02:01 PM

162 posts, read 153,667 times

Advertisements

I am going to try to make this as short as possible. In December 2013 I met a girl named "M" through a college friend of mine. At the end of every semester we did a karaoke event and for the first one, my friend brought this girl along. My friend and this girl are both teachers (they were colleagues at the time) and so am I. We have hung out a few times within the past 2 years (without my friend) and although I started to like her, it never once crossed my mind that she felt the same way. I know what to look for, and she never dropped any hints, and never explicitly stated that she was interested in more than that. I was always confused. I am 27 and she is 35. She is my brother's age....

Well about three weeks ago she contacted me out of the blue (which is really interesting considering I had literally just got out of a relationship a few days to a week prior) to some concert with her and her friend. When she dropped her friend off, she asked me if I wanted to get dinner (which I thought was strange and so spontaneous). I obliged. There was definitely flirting. Fast forward to two days ago. I asked her if she wanted to hang out and we had a great time. She took my hand and we were holding hands as well as placing her arm around mine...in public and in the movie theater...

She initiated all of this and I thought it was very interesting considering this was the first time (in 2 YEARS) this girl had EVER done anything like that or made it clear that perhaps she had feelings of some sort. When we were eating dinner a couple with two kids sat next to us and she commented on the babies. I had asked her about wanting kids/marriage and she mentioned that she felt it's "about time" and I asked if she was just too focused on her career or just didn't find anyone to her liking and she mentioned that it was both.

Towards the end of our outing she said "can I be honest with you? Where do you see this going?" I wasn't completely surprised but at the same time I was... My age has always been a problem for this girl. I told her that I had feelings but I know that my age has been a problem for her. She made it clear two nights ago that two things she had doubts about are the age difference and celibacy. She wants to get married and have kids soon and while I would like that in my future, I do not have plans to get married or have kids anytime soon. If we were to have kids in a few years, I would be like 32 while she would be pushing 40....

She also felt that I still have "time to make mistakes" () She is also Christian and is waiting until marriage, which is OK (I feel like there is so much more to relationships when you love someone), but it'd be super hard for me to commit without knowing if I'd end up falling in love with this girl.... All of the girls I have seriously ever been in love with in the past were submissive and have treated me like I was a king .

I could see the look on her face and and her body language and she looked kind of defeated... Before I went home she said I'd have to think about those things. So clueless about what to do in this situation. She IS a nice girl, smart, likes me, but I don't know.... THERE. About the length: I tried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 02:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Well as " the King " I thought you can advise us instead lol

No seriously if she's " waiting for marriage " .... Then unless you have the same values or mind set as she does then I don't think it will work

Old 07-31-2016, 02:22 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
If you don't have the same goals then let her know. All you can do is be honest.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2016, 03:06 PM

So basically it wouldn't work because at this point in time I'm not looking for marriage and kids? It'd only work if she'd be willing to wait?

Old 07-31-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebird- View Post
So basically it wouldn't work because at this point in time I'm not looking for marriage and kids? It'd only work if she'd be willing to wait?
You said she's waiting till marriage yes?... So I'm assuming sex?.... for most people myself included THAT WONT WORK... But if I had the same views then it might.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You said she's waiting till marriage yes?... So I'm assuming sex?.... for most people myself included THAT WONT WORK... But if I had the same views then it might.
Yeah, but if I fell in love with this girl I don't think that would be the big issue for me. IMO the bigger issue is the marriage/kids. I feel like it's too soon to be talking about that, setting a pre-destined goal for the relationship as opposed to seeing if she is the right one and if things will even work out first. But I get it.. She's 35 and wants that really soon..In fact, she feels like it should've happened already. I want the same things, but not anytime soon. I guess that answers my own question?

Old 07-31-2016, 03:50 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Since you refer to a 35 year old woman as "girl", I would say no you shouldn't continue it.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Since you refer to a 35 year old woman as "girl", I would say no you shouldn't continue it.
Your insight is amazing. Tell us more.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:06 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
OMG sensitive much?

OP...it kinda seems like she is rushing because she hears her biological clock ticking. She has had reservations about you in the past due to age, etc but now she is now seeking you out?? Why?? Are you like the 'last chance' for the two and a half kids and the white picket fence or something?

Don't do anything you don't want to do.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebird- View Post
Yeah, but if I fell in love with this girl I don't think that would be the big issue for me. IMO the bigger issue is the marriage/kids. I feel like it's too soon to be talking about that, setting a pre-destined goal for the relationship as opposed to seeing if she is the right one and if things will even work out first. But I get it.. She's 35 and wants that really soon..In fact, she feels like it should've happened already. I want the same things, but not anytime soon. I guess that answers my own question?
Yes I think you have answered your own question

I'll agree it does come across as a bit heavy but at least she's being upfront and honest with what she's wants ... So gotta give her full marks there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships