Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
For a female, yes 5 5.15%
For a female, no 4 4.12%
For a male, yes 1 1.03%
For a male, no 7 7.22%
For a female and male, yes 0 0%
For a female and male, no 80 82.47%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 09:20 PM

39 posts, read 29,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Medical school and residency?
Military?
International business or law?
Professional athletes?
She just doesn't want any? :-p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 09:49 PM

762 posts, read 611,731 times
=( I'm an almost 32 year old single female with no kids. Is it better for me to have had out of wedlock children?!

Old 08-11-2016, 10:12 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
=( I'm an almost 32 year old single female with no kids. Is it better for me to have had out of wedlock children?!
This is what makes no sense. Or maybe he's thinking, it's preferable that a woman have been married and had a child, then divorced due to factors beyond her control (hubby's behavior, of some sort), because it demonstrates commitment?

Does the OP really want to help raise some other guy's child? Is he ok with that? None of this makes sense.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:13 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,679,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why would it be a red flag? 33, single, no kids is normal everywhere, where I've lived. I take it for granted.
I agree, no problem at all.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:51 PM

762 posts, read 611,731 times
Quote:
This is what makes no sense. Or maybe he's thinking, it's preferable that a woman have been married and had a child, then divorced due to factors beyond her control (hubby's behavior, of some sort), because it demonstrates commitment?

Does the OP really want to help raise some other guy's child? Is he ok with that? None of this makes sense.
I guess now in many parts of the US it's more acceptable for a woman in her 30s to be single and have out of wedlock kids, than for a woman in her 30s to be single and not have kids since out of wedlock births aren't really frowned upon anymore I suppose, likewise divorce isn't frowned upon anymore either.

I rarely will date a man with kids or even a divorced man.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:01 AM

9,160 posts, read 6,347,752 times
Quote:
Why would it be a red flag? 33, single, no kids is normal everywhere, where I've lived. I take it for granted.
Yes. 33 is still kind of young, IMO.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:51 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,075,503 times
My main concern with someone who says they don't want children is that they are "Child Free By Choice", or a supporter of "The ChildFree Philosophy". I am fundamentally incompatible with someone who thinks the human race should voluntarily become extinct or greatly reduced in number. It would be like a pro choice person being with a pro life person. I am pro choice, and I am also "Childless by Circumstance" rather than "ChildFree by Choice".

Now, if she is like me and wanted them when she was younger, but the right circumstances never came to be, that's different. Or if there is a health reason which results in it being impossible or ill advised for her to have children, that's also different.

I'm talking about someone who made a good living, lived in a good neighborhood, and by all accounts would make a good mother, and was with men who wanted children, but she chose not to have any. That would be suspicious.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:53 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,739,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
What is your honest thought process?
My thought process? You think like a mother or a father. I think like a father, but don't say a word to my kids.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:22 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,977 times
Quote:
You'd need to find out more information about why she doesn't have any kids? This sounds crazy. It makes no sense. She doesn't have kids because she's a classy woman who has her act together. Why do you need to know more than that? Why would being child-free at 33 warrant caution? lol It just sounds crazy. Most men find it to be a plus. Where are you from?
I would only find it a redflag if she stated that she always wanted a family from a young age,and was never able to find a husband, then I would wonder what stopped her.

I did date someone like that who said just that, 5 weeks into dating her I figured out why.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:43 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,681,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I honestly wonder why you think this is such a red flag that you created a post and poll about it.
The conditioning to think a certain way.. and believing that others should do so also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships