Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 566 times

Advertisements

So my ex broke up with me yesterday and called me the next day at 3 am. I missed the call but I called him back with no answer. 30 minutes later he finally called me to say "this is the worst thing I could do and I shouldn't call you and you need to get over me and I need to get over you.... But... This is hard it's hard not talking to you." And I said "I'm sorry" he said "**** I shouldn't have called you this is bad" I said "ok sorry" he said "hang up on me" I said "you hang up" he said "no hang up on me you have to.." And I hung up on him mid sentence. We dated for a year and a half and just a week ago he left for college. When he got to college he automatically switched from loving me to completely indifferent. The breakup was very harsh and my friends tell me not to get back with him, but ofcourse I love him so much. He's vulnerable right now and I feel like this is when I should take my opportunity to get him back. But I acted so careless on the phone and now I regret hanging up. It's been an hour since the call, what should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 02:14 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times
Let him go. You can't force someone to be with you. I recognise you are concerned about his vulnerability, but what about yours? Sometimes we get so caught up in looking after the other person that we forget to take care of ourselves.

Maybe down the line, if it's meant to be, you will find your way back to each other, but for now he's clearly telling you he does not want to be with you. Please hear that as it will only cause more heartache for you otherwise.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:31 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
You could block his number and never contact him again; saving yourself further misery. But I highly doubt that's going to happen right now.

You're going to get hurt, again and again and again, until you're totally broken, just to learn you should have blocked his number from the beginning.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:52 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,980 times
Call him back and give him the opportunity to speak. He obviously has something on his mind that hes got to get out, just be guarded. He may need to right the situation.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:15 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
I can understand how he is feeling if you were also best friends.
He no longer wants a relationship but for whatever reason he ended it, he's not so unfeeling as not to be upset about it and wants you to commiserate with him and help him deal with it.
For you, this has to be a "Sorry, Charlie"...he can't have only the part of you that suits him.
Unless you don't mind playing the role of therapist, protect your own feelings and cut him off .

Old 08-14-2016, 05:03 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
in the big picture,,,take the high road,,,

maybe hes a bit obsessed in missing you going to college and it hurts ...but college is the priority,,,and he may think the pain will lesson if he doesn't talk to you

so, take the high road,,be benevolent - thinking you are actually helping him,,,,,by keeping your distance..

some things sucks in life and cut like a sharp blade..... and when we haven't had much experience in this,,,it is painful..

keep your distance...remember the good times,,

we all go thru this,,,life/love/relationships, can really suck at times,,,but it does build character,,
my god when I broke up in my first ever relationship,,
I felt like someone pulled my heart right out of me ..

it just takes time,, and new friends ..

enjoy your young years!!

Old 08-14-2016, 08:28 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Move on girl.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:10 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
It's not smart to be attached when going off to college....and odds are very good you weren't meant to marry this guy anyway. Learn what you can from it and then learn from a few more guys exactly what makes you happy...have fun and THEN think about settling down.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:41 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Haha!!

"Hang up on me!"
"You hang up."
"You have to hang up on.."
*CLICK!*
"..me. Hello? That ***** hung up on me!!"

Old 08-17-2016, 12:24 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,933,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea9988 View Post
So my ex broke up with me yesterday and called me the next day at 3 am. I missed the call but I called him back with no answer. 30 minutes later he finally called me to say "this is the worst thing I could do and I shouldn't call you and you need to get over me and I need to get over you.... But... This is hard it's hard not talking to you." And I said "I'm sorry" he said "**** I shouldn't have called you this is bad" I said "ok sorry" he said "hang up on me" I said "you hang up" he said "no hang up on me you have to.." And I hung up on him mid sentence. We dated for a year and a half and just a week ago he left for college. When he got to college he automatically switched from loving me to completely indifferent. The breakup was very harsh and my friends tell me not to get back with him, but ofcourse I love him so much. He's vulnerable right now and I feel like this is when I should take my opportunity to get him back. But I acted so careless on the phone and now I regret hanging up. It's been an hour since the call, what should I do?
Hang-up, no you hang-up, no you hang-up.

You should speak quietly so your mom and dad don't hear talking in your room after bedtime.

But seriously, you are too old for this middle school junk, I assume you are of college age, just FYI, this is not how mature committed relationships work. Move on, grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships