Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 PM

513 posts, read 429,607 times

Advertisements

You lack charm, and I do think this works best for those handsome, male model types that can literally charm the pants off of anyone they flirt with. Are you funny? Sarcastic? Can you hold a conversation? You've got to find what works best for you when trying to find a mate. Not every guy is made the same nor will the same outcomes happen for every male. Confidence also helps. Find what works best for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 06:54 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,154,547 times
I had two ladies smile at me today. I don't think it's necessarily because of the way I look, I think it's more likely because I live in Texas.

Or maybe I just gave them both a non-threatening smile. Or the dimples.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:05 PM

48,544 posts, read 34,911,433 times
How often do you do this, and why do you think the women you choose are single?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-24-2016, 07:18 PM

720 posts, read 501,385 times
Usually if I smile and make eye contact with a woman and she doesn't respond, I just grab my crotch and wink. Is that gross? Yep. But she wasn't interested in me anyway, so I might as well have a little fun, right?!

I'm kidding.

I'd suggest two things. One, if you're locking on to random women in public, it's probably nothing personal. They're just not in that head space. If you're in a social setting, that's when you turn on the charm. Grocery store? Eh. Leave 'em be. The other thing is, I've read somewhere that women are actually attracted to men who seem to frown than dudes who have a big smile plastered on their face. In other words, they're more likely to find Batman attractive than the Joker. So next time you're out, put on some dark shades and give your best "bad cop" look.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 PM

29,527 posts, read 22,688,988 times
I never approach anyone with the intent of trying to hit on or hook up with them, so can't say from that perspective.

But when trying to be friendly with store clerk, etc., smiling and eye contact always has good feelings.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:32 PM

64 posts, read 55,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Most women that you smile and say hello to will smile and say hello back to you. Most women won't hold eye contact with a stranger in random public setting. Most women also don't want to be approached by strange men in public. They are usually out to get something done and are not in the mood to be approached. If you are smiling and looking at them with intents of approaching them, they are going to sense this and be apprehensive.

You are right about one thing. Unless a woman finds you exceptionally attractive and non-threatening, she's not going to be very open to you just walking up to her and hitting on her.
I don't think this is very good advice.

How on earth is a man supposed to meet a woman if he never approaches?

OP, don't smile at the girl. Just walk up and talk to her.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:45 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,410,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecutty69 View Post
I don't think this is very good advice.

How on earth is a man supposed to meet a woman if he never approaches?

OP, don't smile at the girl. Just walk up and talk to her.
Agreed.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:41 PM

511 posts, read 402,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
You hear alot that if you're gonna approach a women in public make eye contact and smile at her and if she returns a smile and holds eye contact take a chance and approach.

Every time I've done that I literally get ignored and never have gotten a smile or eye contact back

This probably works for good looking guys but for the unattractive men like myself I can't see this working
This was one of the best ways I used to meet girls back in the early oughts... but these days, women are so snooty and stand-offish that 99% of the time, they'll avoid making eye contact whatsoever, and the other 1% they'll give you stink eye (that is if they aren’t buried in their smartphones). RBF is ubiquitous.

IME, It's got nothing to do with confidence or social skills. If my social skills weren't lacking in 2004 when I was a goofy, awkward kid, they're not lacking now, and my confidence is fine. You've gotta be a movie star to elicit a positive response from an attractive lady these days.

I still keep my eye out for someone who might be gawking me, but it hasn't happened in forever.

Last edited by Mr_Polymath; 08-24-2016 at 09:51 PM..

Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 PM

64 posts, read 55,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
This was one of the best ways I used to meet girls back in the early oughts... but these days, women are so snooty and stand-offish that 99% of the time, they'll avoid making eye contact whatsoever, and the other 1% they'll give you stink eye (that is if they aren’t buried in their smartphones). RBF is ubiquitous.

IME, It's got nothing to do with confidence or social skills. If my social skills weren't lacking in 2004 when I was a goofy, awkward kid, they're not lacking now, and my confidence is fine. You've gotta be a movie star to elicit a positive response from an attractive lady these days.

I still keep my eye out for someone who might be gawking me, but it hasn't happened in forever.
How old are you?

I just moved to Scottsdale and I'm looking for people to go out with to meet women. I met a dude on another forum and we're hitting the Tempe area on Friday. He doesn't seem to like the bars though.

You should come with!

Old 08-24-2016, 10:07 PM

505 posts, read 369,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
THANK YOU.

Rep given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships