Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 12:32 AM

710 posts, read 584,244 times

Advertisements

I didn't have much luck at all with girls until recently when I made myself a profile on a dating app. I never thought of myself as a super good looking guy but I was surprised to see how successful I became on the app. I haven't even had to initiate the conversations most of the time, they message me first and a lot of the girls are pretty good looking. I even got semi-serious with one girl but it didn't work out. It's weird because girls never threw themselves at me like this in the real world, so either this is just a coincidence or I'm way more attractive than I thought I was. Has anyone else experienced this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 12:38 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times
While I don't ideally prefer it, I also seem to do MUCH better in online dating than real life.

While online dating hasn't resulted in a relationship as of yet, I've at least had interest and dates from it. That has pretty much never been the case in real life.

Can't entirely explain why, but that's just been my experience. It also seems that the women I've come across in real life, that I've had interest in going out with - have either been in a relationship currently, or weren't interested in me (or even dating in general at that point).

Old 09-14-2016, 12:39 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Can't say that I have. Then again, I haven't sought out women online since I was in high school. I'm glad you're one of the few men that are successful with OLD.

So, how many dates have you gone out on so far?

Old 09-14-2016, 12:39 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,740,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I didn't have much luck at all with girls until recently when I made myself a profile on a dating app. I never thought of myself as a super good looking guy but I was surprised to see how successful I became on the app. I haven't even had to initiate the conversations most of the time, they message me first and a lot of the girls are pretty good looking. I even got semi-serious with one girl but it didn't work out. It's weird because girls never threw themselves at me like this in the real world, so either this is just a coincidence or I'm way more attractive than I thought I was. Has anyone else experienced this?
No, online dating is the worst for me. It works a little, but it's much harder than real life.

You must come across very well online. It's hard for me part because it's so hard to gauge chemistry from a photo and it's impossible to read someone online like you can in real life. In person there is a lot of feedback even if the person isn't aware they are giving any feedback.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:40 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Works for me both ways, it depends on your patience and you dating experience. In real life, I am more successful. Online it can be a hit or miss.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, how many dates have you gone out on so far?
I was going to take the girl that I became sort of serious with on a date but it never materialized unfortunately. I'm in the beginning stages of talking to a few more though.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:47 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Quote:
I was going to take the girl that I became sort of serious with on a date but it never materialized unfortunately. I'm in the beginning stages of talking to a few more though.
So none so far?

Old 09-14-2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So none so far?
Yeah, no dates yet. However, I'm getting legit female attention so it's still somewhat of a win to me.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
How did you become sort of serious with someone without ever going on a date?

Old 09-14-2016, 06:43 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
It's easier to find dialogue when you're interacting with hundreds or thousands of people, as opposed to a handful or a dozen people?

Amazing.

Oh, yeah, and if you never met, there was nothing serious, there was nothing at all. Pen pals are sweet, but they're not relationships. So, in retrospect, you're still batting 0%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships