Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 995 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, so i need some advice . I have only had one boyfriend my whole life. I'm really attractive, but I have only given my heart to one guy and we were together for 7 years. Long story but i met him on myspace in 2010. We have a 4-5 year long distance relationship and we met in person in 2014 and and lived together for two year. The relationship was abusive and I tried my all and nothing worked. He hurt me so bad emotionally and physically. I moved out and really called it quits this time.

So I met this guy on a dating website while I was living with my ex. He is 25 and i'm 20. We never met up but we just talked on the phone. Things quickly died after that because he wanted to see me. I didnt want a relationship, I just wanted to feel some sort of affection and attention from someone because my relationship with my ex was so bad. After I moved out, I started talking to the guy I met on the site again. He was acting different and cocky. He asked me for sexy pictures, and that really turned me off. I told him to stop texting me. A couple weeks go by and I go to my college and I see this really cute guy staring at me. He comes up to me and talks and turns out it's that same guy from the site. His college got shut down due to fraud and he had to find a new college to go to. Weird right? So he asked for my number again and asked if im still mad at him asking me for sexy pictures. I said no. I gave him my number and as soon as I left to go to class he texted me and asked if I can come back to talk. I said I have a 3 hour class with a gap in between my other class. He said he will wait and do his homework and we can talk after. I met him in the library and we talked for a bit. He asked me for a date and I said maybe. He had stuff to do that day, but he followed me and chatted with me the whole hour and a half before my next class. One thing that made me question him is he asked me if i'm a virgin. I have no problem speaking my feelings so I said that was rude and why did he say thay. He said he just wanted to know. I didnt tell him.

The next day he called and asked when he can see me. I said wait til the weekend he suggested to see me sooner because he doesnt want to wait. I ended up going on a date with him and wasnt really feeling a connection. I mean i never been with anyone but my ex and that was an odd abusive relationship to begin with. I was questioning if I liked this new guy. He was everything I looked for look wise. He is 6'7 and really handsome! But i didnt know him enough to judge his character. So we went on a couple more dates literally in the same week because he kept asking to hang out after every time we saw each other, and it was weird for me to talk to someone other than my ex. I enjoyed the new chase, but I wasn't feeling it. So one day he wanted to study at our school and we met up. He wanted me to come with him to return his jacket and the store was far away. Before we left, we talked about alot of things and he said he lived with someone for 3 years, but it didnt work because she cheated. He said he used to be a player, but he stopped because he got played and he knows how it feels to be hurt. He said he is serious about wanting a relationship with someone and his goal is to have a family one day. He said he wanted to be in a relationship with me because we have a good connection and by what i told him about me, he really likes me and my morals as a woman. Anyways, he said i could leave my car at the school and i said i dont want it to be towed, so i drove to his house (he lives with roommates). We went to some store and out to eat. We went back to his place and he asked me to come in to play video games because we both love games. I didnt feel like he wanted sex which he didnt. So we ended up kissing and cuddeling. He said i can stay the night if i want. Again, i didnt feel like he wanted sex. Maybe he just wanted some company. I left and the next day he wanted me to come over to see him which was today. We played resident evil 4 and got something to eat and then watched a movie and cuddled. Things got hot when we kissed and he asked me what my nipples look like. I was like what the hell! He said he's sorry and was in the moment, but then I wanted it and he pulled away and said i'm not ready. I really started to like him after the physical touch as in cuddling.

I was confused at first because all the other times he never tried to kiss me or hold my hand but i guess it was because of the things i told him and that i dont want that right away so he waited. He said i can spend the night and that he has to get up early for work, and i can leave whenever and just make sure the door is locked. I said no and I left. Well now i feel closer to him and not sure what to think. He asked me again if I want to be in a relationship with him because he likes me and he said we could easily talk to other people or i might not talk to him again if we arnt in a relationship. He said by being in a relationship that it kind of confirms our "relationship" that we have now. We did talk about sex and he said if he only wanted sex he would of got it from me by now. I mean i was really wanting him when we kissed but it never lead to anything. His hands were a little toucby though but i told him im on my period which i am. I feel like things are going way too fast. Its literally been a week since we met in person and i have seen him 4 times and he wants to see me again tomorrow. I might not go because there is no space for us to have a break and miss each other or think about this situation. I dont know what to think about this and I do think he is attractive and I may like him, but it's way too soon to tell and he said he respects my feelings and will wait. I just want to be sure he is the right one. I never been in a good healthy relationship, so i tend to look for the red flags rather than enjoy the good times. I'm always suspicious of his actions or what he says because my ex was a liar and i came to think every guy might have an alterier motive. He also wanted to buy me an outfit when we went to the mall which i felt really uncomfortable because my ex never wanted to buy me things he was so picky with money and didnt really care about my feelings. I do keep asking him if he just wants sex and wants to see how long it will take until we have it.. because i told him i only have sex if i have feelings. It seems like he gets frustrated with me and says he already told me how he feels and what he wants out of a relationship.

I feel like I might ruin things or turn him off by my paranoia from my last relationship. I literally moved out my exes apartment like a month ago. The relationship was dead for a long time, but still.. its only been a month. What do you guys think about this so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:22 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,221,064 times
Timeline needs some work

Old 10-17-2016, 11:45 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,810,348 times
Timeline and making the story like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject, short enough to keep it interesting.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:51 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyx3 View Post
Hi everyone, so i need some advice . I have only had one boyfriend my whole life. I'm really attractive, but I have only given my heart to one guy and we were together for 7 years. Long story but i met him on myspace in 2010. We have a 4-5 year long distance relationship and we met in person in 2014 and and lived together for two year. The relationship was abusive and I tried my all and nothing worked. He hurt me so bad emotionally and physically. I moved out and really called it quits this time.
Sorry, OP, I didn't read the whole thing. But this ^^ is what happens when you move in with someone you've only just met in person. A 5-year interaction in cyberspace is not a relationship. It is NOT "getting to know each other". It's falling for someone's façade, as often as not. Please don't make this mistake again. And for future reference (hopefully this won't come up again, but just in case it does...), in an abusive relationship, you don't "try". You leave. Period.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:55 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,453,137 times
Move on.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,928,189 times
That was so confusing I'm not sure how to respond. Why do women over-analyze things right off the bat?

And using you for sex- have you even had it?

Old 10-17-2016, 12:09 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
That was so confusing I'm not sure how to respond. Why do women over-analyze things right off the bat?

And using you for sex- have you even had it?
"Women"? Something tells me you haven't been around the forum the last few months, when we've been inundated with over-analyzing thread topics posted by guys.

Humans over-analyze. When emotionally invested and ambiguities arise, humans over-analyze.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:27 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,912,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyx3 View Post

So I met this guy on a dating website while I was living with my ex. He is 25 and i'm 20.
So, you were with the guy for 7 years. That would have made you 12 or 13 when you met him online and then immediately moved in with him right after you actually met him.

Hmmm....

Old 10-17-2016, 02:31 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,322,792 times
^^^Exactly.

The little bit I could bring myself to read just didn't add up at all. I am guessing another bored teen has discovered CD!

Old 10-17-2016, 02:37 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,965,061 times
So she has been in this relationship since she was 13?

Now she meets a new guy who is awkward almost asbergery. Asking for sexy pictures and then questioning what her nipples look like? Oh and if she's a virgin!!!

She feels no chemistry but he's reluctant so she goes with the flow. He's prolly trying to get a virgin and persists to reach that goal I bet. He's prolly hoping she is.

He sounds dangerously awkward. Clingy and emotionally unstable. For instance, "I'm not ready or I could have had sex with you already." Yeah giant red flag!!!

Stay single till you are over your ex if you even exist. Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships