Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,327 times

Advertisements

I dated a foreign guy from Feb this year in my country, we met from a dating website, he is a sensitive, calm, cautious and honest person. He told me he loves me when April, but that time I had some feelings with another male friend, so I didn't take him serious. He took a 3 year contract job (started in Aug) in May, I was even encouraging him just take this good job, even though this job is located in central Asia. We met each other once or twice a week, and I spent the night in his place on weekends.

We acted like normal couples just without label and didn't introduce each other to our own friends. slowly slowly I fell for him, but he said he can't do long distance relationship again because his last ldr hurt him a lot. We had few fights during the last 2 months, then he said he thought about asking me to go with him but somehow he is not sure anymore. He talked about me to his mum when back to his country, he said his mum even joked if I want his hand, she approved (because I work a lot and love my job, but his brother's wife doesn't work).

We talked about his past, he doesn't really have serious relationship before except the last one, they met from dating website, living in the same city for 3 months then ldr for 8 months; this was the longest relationship he had. He said he convinced himself his childhood was happy but actually not happy by family (his parents separated when he was a child), and school( He dropped one year).

He invited me to his country next year summer, he wants to show me around, there're lot of place we can hike or do a long walk. From I know the last person he asked to visit his country was his ex.
Sometime he uses vague words to describe his mood; when having a fight, he'll give me a silent treatment, ignore my messages. I am a confident, positive and feeling secure person in dating or relationship, but somehow I felt a little bit insecure when with him.

He said I fight nasty: Once I said he has bad hygiene(dirty socks in bed, dirty dishes in sink..etc), and another time I sent him few pictures of male push-up bra t-shirt, he pissed out, he said I was mocking his body disfigurement(just recently I know he has funnel chest, and of course I saw his naked body before and I love it, the chest part is mild, to me that's nothing!)

We still talk everyday (he left my country in Aug), on and off. Recently he talked about he dated other females these 2,3 months(he also mentioned no one he wanted to bring home to), but when I randomly talked about I dated a guy then he soon blamed me for not telling him earlier and assumed that Ive already slept with him. Just few days ago I knew that he went out with a "friend" for a 5 days trip, I did ask something like, "do you have feelings for her?", "you two share a room?", then he told me I'm the one have had sex with other people he have not since we've broken up(this part really confused me, I thought we were not in relationship(?)), I should stop being jealous and he wants me to let go.

I think sometimes I did push him a bit hard because I really don't know what he is thinking. I don't know how to let go.. It hurts a lot when I think we might drift apart. I lose my appetite, can't do deep breath, I can actually feel my heart hurts. Or should I just back off to the begining like we're just starting dating... or stop any media connect with him? I care about him a lot, how can I date other people when I have someone already in my heart..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 12:52 PM

58 posts, read 58,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curioussparrow View Post
I dated a foreign guy from Feb this year in my country, we met from a dating website, he is a sensitive, calm, cautious and honest person. He told me he loves me when April, but that time I had some feelings with another male friend, so I didn't take him serious. He took a 3 year contract job (started in Aug) in May, I was even encouraging him just take this good job, even though this job is located in central Asia. We met each other once or twice a week, and I spent the night in his place on weekends.

We acted like normal couples just without label and didn't introduce each other to our own friends. slowly slowly I fell for him, but he said he can't do long distance relationship again because his last ldr hurt him a lot. We had few fights during the last 2 months, then he said he thought about asking me to go with him but somehow he is not sure anymore. He talked about me to his mum when back to his country, he said his mum even joked if I want his hand, she approved (because I work a lot and love my job, but his brother's wife doesn't work).

We talked about his past, he doesn't really have serious relationship before except the last one, they met from dating website, living in the same city for 3 months then ldr for 8 months; this was the longest relationship he had. He said he convinced himself his childhood was happy but actually not happy by family (his parents separated when he was a child), and school( He dropped one year).

He invited me to his country next year summer, he wants to show me around, there're lot of place we can hike or do a long walk. From I know the last person he asked to visit his country was his ex.
Sometime he uses vague words to describe his mood; when having a fight, he'll give me a silent treatment, ignore my messages. I am a confident, positive and feeling secure person in dating or relationship, but somehow I felt a little bit insecure when with him.

He said I fight nasty: Once I said he has bad hygiene(dirty socks in bed, dirty dishes in sink..etc), and another time I sent him few pictures of male push-up bra t-shirt, he pissed out, he said I was mocking his body disfigurement(just recently I know he has funnel chest, and of course I saw his naked body before and I love it, the chest part is mild, to me that's nothing!)

We still talk everyday (he left my country in Aug), on and off. Recently he talked about he dated other females these 2,3 months(he also mentioned no one he wanted to bring home to), but when I randomly talked about I dated a guy then he soon blamed me for not telling him earlier and assumed that Ive already slept with him. Just few days ago I knew that he went out with a "friend" for a 5 days trip, I did ask something like, "do you have feelings for her?", "you two share a room?", then he told me I'm the one have had sex with other people he have not since we've broken up(this part really confused me, I thought we were not in relationship(?)), I should stop being jealous and he wants me to let go.

I think sometimes I did push him a bit hard because I really don't know what he is thinking. I don't know how to let go.. It hurts a lot when I think we might drift apart. I lose my appetite, can't do deep breath, I can actually feel my heart hurts. Or should I just back off to the begining like we're just starting dating... or stop any media connect with him? I care about him a lot, how can I date other people when I have someone already in my heart..
He jumps into conclusions way too quickly. Is he from Middle East?

Old 10-16-2016, 07:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv123_go View Post
He jumps into conclusions way too quickly. Is he from Middle East?

No. he is from Europe.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:23 PM

58 posts, read 58,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curioussparrow View Post
No. he is from Europe.
seems like you guys have serious communication issues. I would suggest just sit and talk, and do not leave the table without getting any answers.

Otherwise, you both will be judging each other and making up stories in your heads, it will lead to nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships