Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 12:54 PM

8 posts, read 8,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You catch on fast, Smoothie!

OK, are we done here?
Not quite, ruthie.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:11 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
I browsed other women's profiles on occasion during my OLD stint. Some were really interesting and fun. I actually became friends with a couple after messaging on OKC. We were well-matched. Lol But most... they are banal; however, the same is true for many of the men's profiles. My highest matches, both men and women, typically had great profiles. Once the match percentage got into the lower 80s they started to show a trend. That of being, well, utterly lackluster and cliche.

My profile was awesome. No need to humble brag. It did exactly what it was intended to do. It attracted the type I set out to attract. I knew how to market myself while staying true to who I am, and most of all, I had a lot of fun with it. It was interactive and engaging. My photos alone wouldn't have resulted in my success without a profile to provide depth and intrigue.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:20 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Based on many of the posts I see here, I would say that men do this just as much as women.
Definitely. This is especially true for the dudes who just know they're hot ****. Like, why bother writing words in a profile when you can just let your abs and pecks do the work? And throw in a shot of the super shiny mustang, too, 'cause that really gets women going.

A lot of the "hot guys" or CrossFit dude bros were all about the "less is more" approach to the writing portion of the profile. This was especially true for the <35 crowd. Just my observation.

Luckily, these fellows were not my matches, but there are plenty of them just waiting for ladies to notice their buff bods.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:23 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
I met a woman from tinder, we had nothing in common it turned out, total mismatch. Happens alot on there. Ran across her OKC profile, not surprising, only a 60% match, but looked at her profile. We have some professional overlap so we've kept in touch casually. She wrote nothing in her profile. Not a word. Just pics. She is, um, well endowed, also seriously religious, still, goes on loads of OKC dates without writing down a word. I don't get it.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantsmooth View Post
And there we have it. Gentlemen, welcome to 2016, when telling people what you feel you have to offer to a potential boyfriend or husband is seen as needy and desperate. Once upon a time it was considered common sense, but now, to the millennial narcissist, well that would be unacceptable, as it takes away the attention from oneself. And we can't have that.

I won't bother starting a thread about who, exactly, is responsible for the bleakness of modern dating, since it would be an exercise in stating the obvious.
Once upon a time men advertised their "support and sustenance" qualities because they were looking to buy a bride who didn't like them very much by dangling an apparently easy future in the girl's face. If she didn't say "yes" to at least one of these dudes, she faced a future of "spinstership" in her quiet room upstairs at her parents' house and once they died or ejected her, a life of prostitution or starvation since she couldn't publicly work to support herself.

So, yeah. That's why a man "offering" what he had and could, presumably (if he gave the wife an allowance for good behavior and so on), share was, at one time, common sense.

Now that people can support themselves, they can marry because they love each other.

OH NO.

WTF has the world come to?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I met a woman from tinder, we had nothing in common it turned out, total mismatch. Happens alot on there. Ran across her OKC profile, not surprising, only a 60% match, but looked at her profile. We have some professional overlap so we've kept in touch casually. She wrote nothing in her profile. Not a word. Just pics. She is, um, well endowed, also seriously religious, still, goes on loads of OKC dates without writing down a word. I don't get it.
Well, because the dates literally just want a woman for looks?

Which, frankly, is on them. They can run the risk of some boring religious diatribe at the table just so they can sit there and stare at a pair. Their choice.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
You can easily move on to the next profile.

Not that hard.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:42 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
What do you mean, "I don't get it." ? - you wrote yourself "She is, um, well endowed".

Post a pic illustrating this, and, voila, the chick gets some date offers. No words needed, indeed she would get dates even if she were totally illiterate. Probably if she's religious she does not pull in the demographic that she's actually interested in, but she will get some dates.

Tell me you have never chatted up a gal who was simply physically appealing to you. As a matter of fact, about 30 years ago, I did indeed chat up and take to a movie a quite attractive LDS gal several years younger than me, back in Idiot Flats. Like your gal, a total mismatch, one date wonder, but like a young tomcat, I had to "check her out".

Most younger guys anyway do work like that.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
What is there to get? Who needs words when you've got BOOBS?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:43 PM

8 posts, read 8,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
they can marry because they love each other
So what do these women do to make themselves come across as loveable on dating sites? I've seen fat women saying that they want a man who is in shape. I've seen unemployed women saying that they want a man with a good job. I've seen long lists of qualities wanted, but no list of why a man would want them.

And just in case anyone wants to trot out that old lie that nothing is gender specific, who are the ones saying that "if you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best"? Go on, take a guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships