Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 10:10 PM

119 posts, read 106,495 times

Advertisements

I turned 30 years old couple months ago and never really had a relationship because the dating environment is just horrible I would rank it 1 on a scale 1 through 10 where 1 is the worst. I grew up in the city all my life and its horrible. I'm definitely looking elsewhere and honestly I don't want to but feel that I have to. Everyone seems to drawn into Tinder and given that I'm not good looking I for sure will not have a chance. I never chase the super model types, just you average Joe girls. Even them are picky and judgmental. Since I do not drink I don't go to bars so that eliminates me from that. I don't drink coffee either so I don't go to coffee shops either. Obviously trying to approach women on the streets in San Francisco will not work. I also tried OkCupid dating website to meet women locally and I message several girls and none ever reply even the ones that viewed my profile. I had closed my OkCupid profile since it was not getting me nowhere. So I had given up with American women and looking elsewhere. San Francisco is definitely not the place to meet women maybe New York or some other US city.

As a person I nice, kind, polite, can be trusted, helpful, smart ( I know science), I don't have a rude attitude, but that is not enough here. I honestly don't know what is. I feel I have good qualities no one here seem to care about them.

I joined Foreign Dating website called Fdating and message some women on there. I actually got some replies, heck I even got one that initiate a conversation with me. I met a Russian woman on there and she eventually gave me her number to Viber. We even discussed what we are looking for in a partner. Honestly I could never reach this level with American woman. Russian women and women from Europe are so much easier to talk to. I don't need to write a special message to her. I feel that I should had done this long time ago. I feel Russian women do give men a chance to show what they can provide for them. American women I feel like I'm always judged and shot down. I truly hope I do find my wife from somewhere in Russia since lot of women from there are ready for marriage and love the simple things in life.

Have any of you experience dating in San Francisco? If so what is your experience? I sure would like to see how challenging it was for you guys.

Here is article on SF Gate about dating here.
Is San Francisco actually the worst place for single women? - SFGate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 10:20 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I'm not sure what to make of your post. How can you generalize to all American women based on your experiences in SF? And I've always wondered why SF guys don't branch out to the rest of the Bay Area. A lot of the women who work downtown and in the Mission at the non-profits live in the East Bay or Marin.

I know several women in your age-range (between 25 and 29 in the Bay Area who are ready for an LTR and love the simple things in life. They're born-and-raised Bay Area-ites, so they're down to earth and love the simple pleasures of hiking, taking walks, enjoying the vibe at the beach, etc. And btw, some of them say that guys like you never approach them, and don't respond if they make friendly overtures. I'm talking about decently attractive women.
And you'd be surprised how many people don't drink. You're far from alone in that preference.

But instead of looking around, getting involved in some community activities, the Sierra Club singles scene, etc., where you can meet and get to know women on a regular basis, sharing activities you have in common with them, you've decided to throw in the towel and risk becoming a sucker to women who just want that green card and the blue passport. It's easier to spout clichés and run away from challenges than it is to use your brain and think creatively, and make some effort.

Oh well.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:40 PM

OP, did you even read the article you posted a link to? It says the problem in SF is men who are too absorbed in their laptops to notice the women around them and do anything to meet them. SF guys are not friendly, it says, even women women make an effort to get their attention. The problem isn't "American women" or "SF women". According to the article you chose, the problem is you, and a lot of guys like you in the City.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-07-2016 at 11:42 PM..

Old 09-07-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, did you even read the article you posted a link to? It says the problem in SF is men who are to absorbed in their laptops to notice the women around them and do anything to meet them. SF guys are not friendly, it says, even women women make an effort to get their attention. The problem isn't "American women" or "SF women". According to the article you chose, the problem is you, and a lot of guys like you in the City.
I would say for sure I'm not like those guys. I don't get the friendly vibe to approach women.
Honestly, I believe that I'm not the kind of guy that women in the city are looking for.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:56 PM

91 posts, read 63,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
I turned 30 years old couple months ago and never really had a relationship because the dating environment is just horrible I would rank it 1 on a scale 1 through 10 where 1 is the worst. I grew up in the city all my life and its horrible. I'm definitely looking elsewhere and honestly I don't want to but feel that I have to. Everyone seems to drawn into Tinder and given that I'm not good looking I for sure will not have a chance. I never chase the super model types, just you average Joe girls. Even them are picky and judgmental. Since I do not drink I don't go to bars so that eliminates me from that. I don't drink coffee either so I don't go to coffee shops either. Obviously trying to approach women on the streets in San Francisco will not work. I also tried OkCupid dating website to meet women locally and I message several girls and none ever reply even the ones that viewed my profile. I had closed my OkCupid profile since it was not getting me nowhere. So I had given up with American women and looking elsewhere. San Francisco is definitely not the place to meet women maybe New York or some other US city.

As a person I nice, kind, polite, can be trusted, helpful, smart ( I know science), I don't have a rude attitude, but that is not enough here. I honestly don't know what is. I feel I have good qualities no one here seem to care about them.

I joined Foreign Dating website called Fdating and message some women on there. I actually got some replies, heck I even got one that initiate a conversation with me. I met a Russian woman on there and she eventually gave me her number to Viber. We even discussed what we are looking for in a partner. Honestly I could never reach this level with American woman. Russian women and women from Europe are so much easier to talk to. I don't need to write a special message to her. I feel that I should had done this long time ago. I feel Russian women do give men a chance to show what they can provide for them. American women I feel like I'm always judged and shot down. I truly hope I do find my wife from somewhere in Russia since lot of women from there are ready for marriage and love the simple things in life.

Have any of you experience dating in San Francisco? If so what is your experience? I sure would like to see how challenging it was for you guys.

Here is article on SF Gate about dating here.
Is San Francisco actually the worst place for single women? - SFGate
All I've taken from the article that you provided is that if you're not good-looking enough to be swiped right on Tinder, then you will never have any dates. And there's no reason to approach women in real life because they are all meeting good-looking guys on Tinder.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
All I've taken from the article that you provided is that if you're not good-looking enough to be swiped right on Tinder, then you will never have any dates. And there's no reason to approach women in real life because they are all meeting good-looking guys on Tinder.

That is quite the truth unfortunately

Old 09-07-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
That is quite the truth unfortunately
Agreed.

Still, I don't think going overseas is the way to go. Like Ruth said, that will likely not end well either. I don't have a solution for you, man.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:07 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
Agreed.

Still, I don't think going overseas is the way to go. Like Ruth said, that will likely not end well either. I don't have a solution for you, man.
Overseas can work, but you have to make sure the woman isn't using you.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Overseas can work, but you have to make sure the woman isn't using you.
Yeah true, but not in the way that OP is doing it.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I would say for sure I'm not like those guys. I don't get the friendly vibe to approach women.
Honestly, I believe that I'm not the kind of guy that women in the city are looking for.
Then look outside the city. Check out the East Bay. Do you work in the city, btw, or down the peninsula? If you work in the city, you could live in the East Bay, where the rent's cheaper, the ppl -- friendlier, and there's more happening in terms of entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships