Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I generally like to stand in the produce section and stroke a cucumber and look directly into the eyes of passing ladies. No dates yet though....
You too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 10:53 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You too?
Yeah, but some people really start to freak out when I stroke the banana and the peel starts to peel away exposing the squishy, gooey inside, but whateva....

Old 11-15-2016, 11:09 PM

426 posts, read 351,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
There seems to be A LOT of attractive men at the grocery. I often wonder if they are single or dating or married. I don't have the balls to approach and probably never will, just not my character.

I just wanted to see have people been successful in approaching women or men at the store. It seems awkward to just walk up to a random hottie thinking you got a chance. Lol
I wonder how that would work, like what would happen? A crazy flirty pick up line? I can imagine a silly scenario like, "hey I like checking out the meat section but I would prefer checking out your meat section." Lmao
Or something like, "you like pears? Yeah I like them too."

Old 11-15-2016, 11:39 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
I wonder how that would work, like what would happen? A crazy flirty pick up line? I can imagine a silly scenario like, "hey I like checking out the meat section but I would prefer checking out your meat section." Lmao
Or something like, "you like pears? Yeah I like them too."
One of our posters was approached by a guy in the dairy aisle, and he asked her for her recommendation on yogurt brands. He actually got her number out of the exchange, and went on a few dates with her. It doesn't take much, if you're friendly and engaging.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:25 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
I haven't met a woman at the grocery store but when I was in graduate school I met a very nice one at a clothing store. It was a Friday afternoon and I was completely out of clean underwear and socks, so instead of doing laundry like a normal person I stopped at Old Navy on the way home from school to get a few items just for that night. While I was looking for the men's socks section I saw a cute blond girl who had a corkscrew on her key chain. I figured that a girl that well prepared certainly knew how to party and I shared that observation with her. We talked for a few minutes and I found out that she only lived a block away from me. We walked home together and found out that we shared a lot of common interests. After a shower and a change into clean socks, I walked over to her house, took her out for pizza, and then she came with me to a party, and then to a bar, and then to my apartment, and then we dated for three months before she moved away.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:08 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I have had guys cold approach me in the dollar store, the bank, Macy's, etc. It was almost always something to the tune of , "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I once got hit on by the cashier at Trader Joe's, he asked for my number actually. We went out on a few dates, got to know him a little better and then it soon fizzled out. I don't go back to that store anymore.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
then it soon fizzled out. I don't go back to that store anymore.
That's a bummer, I'd hate to have to break up with Trader Joe just because another dude got in our way.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:50 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's a bummer, I'd hate to have to break up with Trader Joe just because another dude got in our way.
I'm surrounded by Trader Joe's locations. I don't forego my hookup with tasty treats, I just avoid that one location.

Not sure about your locale, but here in So Cal the guys TJ's hires are all aspiring models, surfers, etc. Totally eye candy.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
I have had guys cold approach me in the dollar store, the bank, Macy's, etc. It was almost always something to the tune of , "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I once got hit on by the cashier at Trader Joe's, he asked for my number actually. We went out on a few dates, got to know him a little better and then it soon fizzled out. I don't go back to that store anymore.
Left a bad taste in your mouth huh?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:35 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I'm surrounded by Trader Joe's locations. I don't forego my hookup with tasty treats, I just avoid that one location.

Not sure about your locale, but here in So Cal the guys TJ's hires are all aspiring models, surfers, etc. Totally eye candy.
Wow! I wonder if those locations have better revenue than their stores in other areas, lol. I live in surfer country in NorCal part of the year, but there's no model types working at the TJ's in town; it's mostly middle-aged guys, for some reason. Come to think of it, some of the surfers are middle-aged guys, too. So maybe those are the ones working at the local TJ's. Quite a different scene than SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships