Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:15 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Relocate is always (an) answer, but I don't think that's always the answer.
Never said it was. The other end of the stick... IMPORT works too

But ONE OF YOU will need to move.
There's no getting around it as I see it.

Well, you could settle for someone that doesn't really suit I suppose.
But who wants that?

Quote:
I change my locale 60 miles and I could date much better quality women.
However any of us might define "quality" if THEY are somewhere else then WE are the problem.
Fix your problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 09:53 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Never said it was. The other end of the stick... IMPORT works too

But ONE OF YOU will need to move.
There's no getting around it as I see it.

Well, you could settle for someone that doesn't really suit I suppose.
But who wants that?

However any of us might define "quality" if THEY are somewhere else then WE are the problem.
Fix your problem.
When talking about fixing a problem like this, it's still hypothetical. It's not like you can interview for the boyfriend role and get it, like you can a job. Relocating for a job you've been hired for and relocating for a hypothetical relationship are two different things.

It's not like my current situation is bloom and gloom and I'm living hand to mouth. My ex from last year was from a situation to where her current job was being phased out, so she relocated to the first place that would give her a salary she could live on. She ended up in my locale by relocation only.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:15 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
When talking about fixing a problem like this, it's still hypothetical.
No... it really isn't.

It may not be practical and it's certainly not convenient...
but it is entirely and completely real.

Quote:
It's not like you can interview for the boyfriend role and get it, like you can a job.
Nope..but if I KNOW those jobs I'm best suited for are concentrated in City X (vs podunk town Y)
I'd have to be an idiot to not calculate on HOW to get to City X and get one of those jobs.

Quote:
It's not like my current situation is bloom and gloom and I'm living hand to mouth.
This isn't about YOU or your specific situation.

But if your situation is OK enough then you're left to find someone somewhere else...
someone who you can convince there are good reasons to move there.

Quote:
My ex from last year ... She ended up in my locale by relocation only.
There ya go... but you can't depend on happenstance like that. Can you?

Go to THEM ...or get them to come to YOU.
Or settle.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:11 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Anybody have good experience with E Harmony - or anything online? Best friend divorced - 2nd time & told me joined E Harmony & the losers being "matched" are all really ugly or have no pictures - or not even located in the same state - let alone anywhere nearby otherwise they're idiots who join during the free weekend - which is every weekend - make up profiles and then leave. Paying good money for it too.
I always found their ads unctuous and off-putting. Of course, I find the entire precept of online matchmaking to be off-putting. But admittedly, I'm not in the "market" and haven't been for 20 years. Speaking of which, there's an element of "meat market" to it that I find decidedly unenticing.

As always, just one <old> man's opinion.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:36 PM

242 posts, read 300,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Anybody have good experience with E Harmony - or anything online? Best friend divorced - 2nd time & told me joined E Harmony & the losers being "matched" are all really ugly or have no pictures - or not even located in the same state - let alone anywhere nearby otherwise they're idiots who join during the free weekend - which is every weekend - make up profiles and then leave. Paying good money for it too.
I never tried eHarmony but a friend did and everyone he met off that website was super desperate and started bringing up topics like marriage and kids super early on (like the first handful of dates early). I tried match once but in my area it seems no one wants to pay for memberships on these sites so there was only a handful of matches. The free sits are much more popular so you will get way more matches and dates there.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:59 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 514gal View Post
I never tried eHarmony but a friend did and everyone he met off that website was super desperate and started bringing up topics like marriage and kids super early on (like the first handful of dates early). I tried match once but in my area it seems no one wants to pay for memberships on these sites so there was only a handful of matches. The free sits are much more popular so you will get way more matches and dates there.
I don't consider that desperate. If those things are important to them, why shouldn't they bring it up with someone to see if they are on the same page about it? eHarmony is supposed to be a more serious, marriage minded type of site anyway so I don't find it weird that marriage and children would be discussed.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:07 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,888 times
I find online dating in general ****ty, punk a$$ b*tch men, creeps, weirdos, desperate, and pathetic men, and men who are just trolling for sex and maybe a few men I'm talking less than 5 are normal.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:22 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,603,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I find online dating in general ****ty, punk a$$ b*tch men, creeps, weirdos, desperate, and pathetic men, and men who are just trolling for sex and maybe a few men I'm talking less than 5 are normal.
You forgot spambots and scammers.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:24 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
In my experience the free sites attract cheap azz men. Men whose idea of a first date is a cheap chain restaurant because he has a coupon. Or he meets you for lunch with a friend, shows up late, is afraid he will be obligated to pay for you and your friend so only he only orders a soda. I've gone out with three different guys from POF and OKCupid and it was always the same story. They are recently divorced and broke.

Never had that issue on Christian Mingle.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:29 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I hate Eharmony. I did find a relationship on there a couple of years ago which lasted a year, but typically there are zero choices where i live. Total waste of money. They keep spamming me with 77% off emails, which must be their regular price for previous members who they lost. I won't do it. In fact, about to take all my profiles down on every site. Total waste of time. I have better things to do with my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships