Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 10:31 AM

923 posts, read 528,647 times

Advertisements

We are both in our mid 40's, divorced, her kids are on their own and I have one that will be out in 9 months to college.

We both dated after our divorce, hers was much more serious, mine was not. We agreed that if we did contact an ex, or if someone called "out of the blue" that we would tell each other.

I found out she contacted her serious ex BF. She was mad at me thinking I had talked to someone, I didn't, and I said that we agreed to tell each other if we did. I told her I have not and I thanked her for keeping her word with me. She said your welcome, and that was it.

I got the information from her good friend, whom I'm also good friends with her and her husband. I'm not going to get them in a "tiff".

I'm blowing it off, so she misses him and wanted to talk. That's fine, but maybe I'm too laid back.

Should this be a "red flag"? Am I still naïve? We have been dating for nearly 4 years. Yes, taking it slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
Why did she contact the ex bf?

Are you two living together or how SLOW are you taking it?

Old 12-06-2016, 10:54 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,386,080 times
Personally, I would not be "laid back" if my girlfriend called an ex because she misses him

Old 12-06-2016, 10:54 AM

11,202 posts, read 9,113,982 times
It's a red flag for me. A serious ex boyfriend. She was suspicious of you talking to someone while she was actually talking to her ex boyfriend. I feel like she was playing coy and projecting her actions unto you. (making you the bad guy).

Did she initiate the contact or did he? Maybe she is stalking him on social media and discovered that he is recently single.

Are you putting in your work in the bedroom? The ex-boyfriend should not be in her mind if you are laying the pipe right!!!

Old 12-06-2016, 11:03 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
It's a lie, and she broke a specific agreement the two of you had.

That would be my concern.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-06-2016, 11:06 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
We are both in our mid 40's, divorced, her kids are on their own and I have one that will be out in 9 months to college.

We both dated after our divorce, hers was much more serious, mine was not. We agreed that if we did contact an ex, or if someone called "out of the blue" that we would tell each other.

I found out she contacted her serious ex BF. She was mad at me thinking I had talked to someone, I didn't, and I said that we agreed to tell each other if we did. I told her I have not and I thanked her for keeping her word with me. She said your welcome, and that was it.

I got the information from her good friend, whom I'm also good friends with her and her husband. I'm not going to get them in a "tiff".

I'm blowing it off, so she misses him and wanted to talk. That's fine, but maybe I'm too laid back.

Should this be a "red flag"? Am I still naïve? We have been dating for nearly 4 years. Yes, taking it slow.
Is that why she contacted him? Did you ask her?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
It's a red flag for me. A serious ex boyfriend. She was suspicious of you talking to someone while she was actually talking to her ex boyfriend. I feel like she was playing coy and projecting her actions unto you. (making you the bad guy).

Did she initiate the contact or did he? Maybe she is stalking him on social media and discovered that he is recently single.

Are you putting in your work in the bedroom? The ex-boyfriend should not be in her mind if you are laying the pipe right!!!
This!

Dating 4 years and she's looking in her exes direction?!

It's time to get a new girlfriend.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:14 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,457,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Exactly right.

That the good friend and husband said something to you seems to make it even more serious.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:26 AM

11,202 posts, read 9,113,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Exactly right.

That the good friend and husband said something to you seems to make it even more serious.
I forgot about that too. The fact that the friends of your girlfriend told you about when she didn't is very telling. They are giving you a BIG warning. Maybe, there is a long history with this ex-boyfriend.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,627,163 times
Yeah this seems like the friend is showing some loyalty to you, waving a huge red flag in your face.

If the contact between your gf and her ex was meaningless would the friend have even gotten involved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships