Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 05:00 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times

Advertisements

I would have no problem at all with a man having a 'man cave'. I'd help him set it up. I like my private space too, so I might have a women cave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 05:05 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
The "big deal", for me, is the idea that this is a space that is needed to "get away from the wimmenz".

Of course people are going to have their spaces to do their things. As I said, my partner has his space to work on his models. He needs to have a dedicated space for them. Where it would become an issue for me is if he felt that he needed this physical space, as his own place, separate and apart from the rest of our living space.

Much of what I have seen on this thread is the idea that these places are a way for guys to get away from women's influence.

*gag*

Seriously.

^^^^ This is true. I don't know why people argued with this poster. Of course its true. Men want their own space away from women and the 'stuff' that comes with them. Why else a man cave?

Wrap it up however nicely you want. But take off the wrappings and its still the same gift inside.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
^^^^ This is true. I don't know why people argued with this poster. Of course its true. Men want their own space away from women and the 'stuff' that comes with them. Why else a man cave?

Wrap it up however nicely you want. But take off the wrappings and its still the same gift inside.
What is wrong with that? Just because he has a man cave doesn't mean he's trying to get away from you or any other woman.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Everyone should have a place they can retreat to and collect and refresh themselves.
You're in a relationship with an indivual not some sort of amalgamous maluable blob that only exists to please your own desires and only your desires at any given moment you choose to pull them in.

garage, living room, kichean, craft room, office space, "man" cave or "woman" cave....whatever it may be, we ALL have spaces we retreat to when we need to be alone with ourselves or not disturb others.

anyone who claims they do not, I would question their outlook on life and motivations for wanting to be involved with another period.

It shows a huge lack of understanding

Last edited by rego00123; 12-14-2016 at 05:43 PM..

Old 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'll admit I'm at a loss too. I've lived in CA for a good few years now and I can say with 100% confidence that I have never once heard anyone, including anyone who hunts, mention duck hunting, much less "sea" duck hunting specifically.

Ah well.

It's an interesting aside (or interesting to me) but upland game hunters, and waterfowl hunters seem to be different circles with not a ton of overlap. The dogs used in retrieving waterfowl are often different breeds, and definitely trained very differently than a pheasant/quail dog, for example.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:17 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This thread has taken on far more stupid turns than it should have. LOL, I mean it's not that big of a deal. A man cave or a woman cave or whatever label is just a separate area that someone can sorta call their own and do their own thing in it. There's no nefarious intentions or evil plotting and planning going on and how a person hates their spouse etc etc, judging by some of the stupid posts here you'd think that there's some guy a la the unibomber sitting in his man cave twirling his mustache. It's just simply a separate space where a guy can layout all his hobby crap and the same for a woman and not have it laying all over the main living areas.

I don't know why this needs to be sooooooooooo complicated. LOL, I mean really.
Right?

First, the our room has never been referred to as a man cave. More of a game room, which I don't play but all the boys do. It has a nice musical keyboard, an xbox, huge TV and now will be decorated in batman, joker and stuff that wouldn't go in the rest of the house. It's a good place for my husband to have private time (he rarely does), for boys to hang during slumber parties (farthest end of house) and place for kids to congregate during BBQs.

That's about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-14-2016, 06:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's an interesting aside (or interesting to me) but upland game hunters, and waterfowl hunters seem to be different circles with not a ton of overlap. The dogs used in retrieving waterfowl are often different breeds, and definitely trained very differently than a pheasant/quail dog, for example.
Yeah, I know, Timber, I can Google too.

But I'm not sure I can belabor a point to this unbelievable extent so... (bowing gracefully) Here's your award. And thanks for all the info.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 PM

Yeah, so...my dad used to just take off for the den.

But he got lonely in there so soon enough, he was back in the living room, LOL.

I don't have a woman cave (snicker)...I just lock the bathroom door and scream "No, you can't come in" periodically while I mess with my Kindle. Works for me!

Old 12-14-2016, 06:29 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, so...my dad used to just take off for the den.

But he got lonely in there so soon enough, he was back in the living room, LOL.

I don't have a woman cave (snicker)...I just lock the bathroom door and scream "No, you can't come in" periodically while I mess with my Kindle. Works for me!
Oprah took a poll of her audience, once, asking the women what their favorite room in the house was. The landslide of votes went to the bathroom. Some of the women were interviewed, and they explained that they'd turned the main bathroom into a sanctuary, with a nice chair, if it would fit, they'd set up music in their for their baths, and would lock everyone out for as long as they needed to de-stress and enjoy.

So for some women, apparently, the bathroom is their woman-cave. You're not alone, Jerzz.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oprah took a poll of her audience, once, asking the women what their favorite room in the house was. The landslide of votes went to the bathroom. Some of the women were interviewed, and they explained that they'd turned the main bathroom into a sanctuary, with a nice chair, if it would fit, they'd set up music in their for their baths, and would lock everyone out for as long as they needed to de-stress and enjoy.

So for some women, apparently, the bathroom is their woman-cave. You're not alone, Jerzz.
Oh my gosh! That's hilarious! If I had the room in my bathroom, honestly I might deck it out just like that. ^ Why not?

I love, love, love long baths with a book (paperback, obviously). Peace and tranquility.

Second is lying on my belly on the bed reading. I have no problem with getting little visits there, though. My kids will jump in, give me a kiss and jump back out again. It's more momentary quiet that I crave than literally being holed away/unreachable or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships