Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,238 times

Advertisements

I don't know what else will solve my anxiety with women. I'm 29 years old and have never had a girlfriend despite being above average in everything. I've been trying to observe how women react to me over the last few months with a detached/objective perspective and just about every woman I talk to is nice/responsive to me. Almost every woman I look at smiles back at me immediately. I just always sabotage myself because I don't say anything to continue the interaction.

I'm like a torture victim so used to the torture that I'm afraid of freedom. I feel like torture is the only thing I deserve (in my case, loneliness)

Why is it so hard for me to snap out of this when I constantly get so much positive encouragement from the world?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:39 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,422,522 times
I know what you mean, bro.

Have you tried giving online dating a shot?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:46 PM

345 posts, read 277,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I know what you mean, bro.

Have you tried giving online dating a shot?
I agree. It sounds like OLD is made for people like you, OP. It could be beneficial for you to not feel so on the spot, and maybe that will help you learn to interact more. If you have that much going for you, you should do well on OLD

Old 01-02-2017, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
I agree. It sounds like OLD is made for people like you, OP. It could be beneficial for you to not feel so on the spot, and maybe that will help you learn to interact more. If you have that much going for you, you should do well on OLD

I'm dreading having to try online dating for a multitude of reasons

1)women I want (cute, in their 20s, no kids, in great shape) are in ungodly high demand by a very large percentage of the population online so the competition I'm facing is incredibly steep

2)I look like garbage in pics compared to real life. Although people still say I look handsome in pics, they never do me any justice and I know i'm facing gigantic competition for the women I'm interested in.

3)I'm not good at being a funny/entertaining writer

Old 01-02-2017, 10:54 PM

102,321 posts, read 108,515,277 times
You were traumatized in HS by teasing and bullying in relation to your looks. Trauma requires professional help to overcome.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:06 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,411,874 times
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's Hcoconut shrimp, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.

That- that's about it.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:12 PM

345 posts, read 277,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwarMaya View Post
I'm dreading having to try online dating for a multitude of reasons

1)women I want (cute, in their 20s, no kids, in great shape) are in ungodly high demand by a very large percentage of the population online so the competition I'm facing is incredibly steep

2)I look like garbage in pics compared to real life. Although people still say I look handsome in pics, they never do me any justice and I know i'm facing gigantic competition for the women I'm interested in.

3)I'm not good at being a funny/entertaining writer
The truth is that if you put even a little bit of thought into your profile, you've already beat out 75% of the dudes on OLD. They just get lazier and lazier. Create a fake female profile and look at all the jabronis your age with pics of themselves wearing ballcaps or with really lame profile names like hotguy4u and you'll see what I mean.

As for therapy, if you really feel depressed it may help, but you need to be aware that it's a journey. Don't expect to just walk in and find solutions to your problem the first session. It might even take a while to find the right therapist. If your despair and loneliness is as serious as you say, though, it may be a good start.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwarMaya View Post
I don't know what else will solve my anxiety with women. I'm 29 years old and have never had a girlfriend despite being above average in everything. I've been trying to observe how women react to me over the last few months with a detached/objective perspective and just about every woman I talk to is nice/responsive to me. Almost every woman I look at smiles back at me immediately. I just always sabotage myself because I don't say anything to continue the interaction.

I'm like a torture victim so used to the torture that I'm afraid of freedom. I feel like torture is the only thing I deserve (in my case, loneliness)

Why is it so hard for me to snap out of this when I constantly get so much positive encouragement from the world?
This is really good that you are considering getting some help. It sounds like you can see clearly enough to know that your anxiety is more or less independent of outcome. I say go for it and get to the root.

You seem to have a decent head on your shoulders. Welcome to CD

Old 01-02-2017, 11:17 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,370,934 times
I'm glad you're finally seeking help.

Moderator cut: so am I. Yac

Last edited by Yac; 01-03-2017 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships