Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 07:01 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Its just a part of the overall package... for example I'd prefer a teacher that devotes her time to improving kids lives and volunteering for events on a Saturday to be even more involved with them, over an executive that is snobby and treats her staff poorly and is borderline unethical.
What if your choice were a snobby teacher that gossiped so much that she is disliked by her peers didn't care so much about the kids vs. an executive who is good to her staff and spends her weekends volunteering to help illiterate adults learn to read? I ask because I've known women who were both. One was a teacher my mom worked with and the other was an old boss of mine a few years ago.

Sorry, I just find the "loving, near Disney Princess teacher" cliche kind of funny especially having been a substitute teacher for a while myself.

When I was dating I was always asked what my job was, but there never seems to be much conversation about it. Men liked to talk more about their jobs and ask me about my hobbies. I don't think men care aside from knowing you work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:10 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Its just a part of the overall package... for example I'd prefer a teacher that devotes her time to improving kids lives and volunteering for events on a Saturday to be even more involved with them, over an executive that is snobby and treats her staff poorly and is borderline unethical.
Why would you assume an executive would be snobby and treat her staff badly? Is that what male execs do? And I have news for you; not all teachers are kindly and encouraging toward their kids. Some pick on some of the kids and are mean to ones that are having trouble learning certain concepts. Some teachers have favorites (which is unethical). But I guess this is C-D, the land of clichés and stereotypes, so.....carry on.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:12 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
What if your choice were a snobby teacher that gossiped so much that she is disliked by her peers didn't care so much about the kids vs. an executive who is good to her staff and spends her weekends volunteering to help illiterate adults learn to read? I ask because I've known women who were both. One was a teacher my mom worked with and the other was an old boss of mine a few years ago.

Sorry, I just find the "loving, near Disney Princess teacher" cliche kind of funny especially having been a substitute teacher for a while myself.

When I was dating I was always asked what my job was, but there never seems to be much conversation about it. Men liked to talk more about their jobs and ask me about my hobbies. I don't think men care aside from knowing you work.
My posted started out by saying it's all part of the overall package

Old 01-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why would you assume an executive would be snobby and treat her staff badly? Is that what male execs do? And I have news for you; not all teachers are kindly and encouraging toward their kids. Some pick on some of the kids and are mean to ones that are having trouble learning certain concepts. Some teachers have favorites (which is unethical). But I guess this is C-D, the land of clichés and stereotypes, so.....carry on.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:26 PM

15 posts, read 2,440 times
The problem with high paying careers is that they're often very demanding, high stress, long hours...things that aren't really what I'm looking for in a woman. I would rather meet someone who makes 40K a year but works a fun low hours job where she is not stressed and she is always available to see me (I'm very successful myself).

OP, you sound like an awesome catch but these are the things you have to keep in mind. I would say try to minimize the amount you work to keep a good life balance, keep work at work, minimize stress and make sure you're available as much as possible to see your man and you should be totally fine.

edit: I should mention many men will be very intimidated by your success so either keep that on the down low or date men in the same socioeconomic bracket as yourself...and yes I know many of those want a much younger woman. Maybe find yourself a nice looking successful man in 45-50 range. Surely those exist?

Old 01-10-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I know. I'm just playing Devil's advocate. But there is a myth on this forum of the Snow White teacher and the Wicked Witch female executive.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
It helps to both have a decent job.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:46 PM

15 posts, read 2,440 times
Quote:
I know. I'm just playing Devil's advocate. But there is a myth on this forum of the Snow White teacher and the Wicked Witch female executive.

I've met plenty of very rich very sweet people and nasty people in the lower socio-economic scale

I'll never say more money = worse attitude. I will say more money = more demanding, more stressful, long hours job. Things that don't interest me at all.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I guess so - I was just trying to answer the OP

Old 01-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I guess so - I was just trying to answer the OP
I apologize if I busted your chops too much. That wasn't my intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships