Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 01:15 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times

Advertisements

I'm on the fence about this....
Last year I met a woman off a site. When we spoke she admitted that she fished her age (she was actually ten years older than what she claimed), but everything else was true. I was a bit taken aback by this, but there was still physical attraction.

Older or not, the sex was mind blowing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 01:31 PM

151 posts, read 125,252 times
Honestly, if I started dating a guy who I thought was 30 but was actually 45 (or even just 37) I would kick him to the curb. Not just because of the age (too old for me) but mainly because he lied about it.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerashes View Post
Honestly, if I started dating a guy who I thought was 30 but was actually 45 (or even just 37) I would kick him to the curb. Not just because of the age (too old for me) but mainly because he lied about it.
Yeah it could be considered as conniving

Old 02-06-2017, 01:36 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
I don't blame her herd mentality. Guys are second class subhumans as far as OD sites go.

No problems, I'm sure...
Well, phvck me...who knew it'd be an issue?!?
Anyway, I'm 37 and want a big family. You don't want kids, anyway, so...I wouldn't be looking your way.

Because, we know how to use age filters. Wasn't that white knight Markus' rationale for imposing the filters on POF? Women needed their hands held or something? I really doubt it was all about 20-year old getting creeped on, because they all have a clue how keyboards work in regards to setting age limits.
What's good for the goose suddenly isn't so good for the gander...
I read one woman on POF who said she was 35 on her profile because she messed up her birthdate when registering. Not sure what new keyboard made 1969 and 1979 so difficult to type out...It's all about OP. Nothing else matters. Like your dad did? Ouch? Most men aren't gay and have that biological urge. Nothing wrong with that. Oof...that projection? If that's how you'd look at dating younger guys, so be it. That's on you, though.

Someone gets it!
No kidding. I get hit on by the occasional sub20 legal adult gal. I would sniff that one out quickly.
I'd suggest in school suspension.
100 mil revenue and the only thing that tool can add to PoF is an age restricter for men trying to search for women 15 years younger than them? Really? That's the best that moron and his company can do with w/ 100 mil a year? If I ever ran into him in RL I swear to god I'd give him an earful. Can't believe any guy in their right mind give a penny to that site. A 14 year old could have done better with a dial up modem on school break back in the summer of 92'.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:10 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
OLD is just a venue to FIND prospective partners for dating/relationships. Once you meet the person, and decide you are going to date them, then of course it's like "normal dating". It's exactly like it. It's the "pre-dating" part that is different.
Pssh. Stop making sense. OLD isn't like normal dating for those who have little or no success with it. It's obviously atrocious and patently awful because it sucks for some people, and because it's a worthless venture for these people then it must suck for everyone. Lol for days.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:30 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Pssh. Stop making sense. OLD isn't like normal dating for those who have little or no success with it. It's obviously atrocious and patently awful because it sucks for some people, and because it's a worthless venture for these people then it must suck for everyone. Lol for days.

x1000
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-06-2017, 02:40 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Hahaha. Yup.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
It's a waste of time for most men until you can show stats that prove otherwise.., you've got nothing. I was on the phone for my pre-screening w/ my It's Just Lunch rep today she spent 20 minutes ripping OLD a new one. It was totally off the clock and impromptu. she basically said everything I do it's a waste of time for most men. It's a business scam preying on socially awkward men Match has so many fake profiles I don't even know where to begin.

4:1 M:F ratio in some areas...yeah I guess it would make sense for a woman. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:02 PM

505 posts, read 584,498 times
I cancelled a date on a guy who fudged about his age by ten years. Bummer because he was really handsome too. It made me wonder what else he was lying about?

Old 02-06-2017, 06:25 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnSkye View Post
Good question. Honestly, I would feel deceived.

I'm just wondering if I should forego dating sites, because most guys in their 30s filter out women who are older than 34.

I strongly dislike being contacted by men who are my age (or older), but look so old (maybe they are lying about their age as well).

Offline, it doesn't come up, I just let the guy assume that I'm in my late 20s (I never provide my age, it's 100% their assumption based on my outward appearance). Anyhow, I was really hoping to use online dating to expand my search for Mr. Right, but now it seems like I shouldn't utilize dating sites.
It doesn't matter in the online dating world. No one has any integrity. Everyone's fake and superficial as hell. add to all of that flakey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships