Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 960 times

Advertisements

So I’ve known my boss for quite a few years and there was never anything there. He was always nice and I was nice to him, but that’s it. He was also married at the time though. However this summer, he and his wife filed for divorce after a very unhappy marriage. then we slowly started talking at work and after a few months, we started having sex. Now we are in a relationship but very few people know. I love him and I know he loves me but, will we not work out because of the age difference? I don’t know what I’m going to tell my family, but I want to be with him. When I tell my friends about this, most of them judge me and kind of make me feel bad. If we were closer in age and met differently, they would have different reactions. I’m afraid to tell my parents because when I told my sister she said it was gross and I can only imagine how my mother would react because she’s already an extremely opinionated and overbearing person. I should also mention that his ex wife hates me and has made up lies about us before. My sister says we won’t last, do you think she’s right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 08:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpokkk View Post
So I’ve known my boss for quite a few years and there was never anything there. He was always nice and I was nice to him, but that’s it. He was also married at the time though. However this summer, he and his wife filed for divorce after a very unhappy marriage. then we slowly started talking at work and after a few months, we started having sex. Now we are in a relationship but very few people know. I love him and I know he loves me but, will we not work out because of the age difference? I don’t know what I’m going to tell my family, but I want to be with him. When I tell my friends about this, most of them judge me and kind of make me feel bad. If we were closer in age and met differently, they would have different reactions. I’m afraid to tell my parents because when I told my sister she said it was gross and I can only imagine how my mother would react because she’s already an extremely opinionated and overbearing person. I should also mention that his ex wife hates me and has made up lies about us before. My sister says we won’t last, do you think she’s right?
No one can say, but the odds are against you because you don't appear to be very emotionally mature based on the fact that you are so afraid to be yourself in front of people who are close to you.

Enjoy the fling now for what it is but give yourself time to finish growing up.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
Not going to last because you are sleeping with your boss....regardless of age. Bad news.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:55 AM

29,749 posts, read 34,415,700 times
If you really want the relationship to last, get a new job. Sleeping with your own boss is a disaster in the making.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:10 AM

43,146 posts, read 18,306,779 times
I agree with the others. Get a new job and then go public with your relationship. See where that takes you.

Do you intend to live a "secret life" forever ?

Old 02-17-2020, 10:17 AM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
How do you know for sure he loves you? You could be his rebound relationship (those rarely, if ever, last), or he could just be using you, because you're there, close by. You're convenient. When you're 40 and still looking sharp and are full of energy, do you want to be married to a 60-year-old about to retire, with ED issues?

It says a lot about his lack of integrity that he'd begin an affair with one of his employees. However, if you're serious and want to see if he's serious, do the right thing, and find a job outside his company. If he loves you, he'll give you a good recommendation, and will help you get that new job.

And btw, what do you think would happen to your current job, if there's a falling-out with him at some point? You can bet, that at that point, you wouldn't get a positive recommendation, when you're suddenly unemployed.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:22 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
You don't need anyone to approve of your relationship. Not sure why you're telling people about him in the first place. The only reason people should know about your S/O, fling, or whatever, is for safety reasons. Whether or not you'll last, who knows.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:17 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
This is just a bad idea for many reasons. The age difference is the least of those reasons.

A couple:

He is YOUR boss! This is really more of a potential problem for him in some ways(lawsuits, job loss, etc.), but it's just a really bad idea to get involved with a boss. You too can be fired; be accused of stalking, etc. It's even more true in this case given so many other factors.

You are the rebound girl. You were around when he was going through a tough time. Even if a marriage is "unhappy," a divorce is still an emotional thing filled with psychological hurdles, etc. BTW-people going through a divorce often say their marriage is "unhappy." It's a convenient excuse that does not require introspection or reflection. You were easy, probably fun, and he didn't have to make any commitments to you or reflect on why he was getting divorced or what he wanted in the future.

I'm sure you "think" you're in LUV. I'm sure you think he LUVS you. People that actually loved each other and were committed to each other would be talking through this stuff and not asking for advice from internet strangers. BTW--Has he every indicated that he is committed to you?

Why does his ex-wife any know you enough to hate you? Does he have children? Have you met them? That would be very inappropriate in my opinion and show really bad judgment from him.

Enjoy this for what it is, but do so only if you really can accept this is not a long term thing. BTW--you're probably missing out on more appropriate partners while this thing continues.

Old 02-17-2020, 12:53 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,549 times
The fact you’re at work, is enough reason alone that this is a terrible idea.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:12 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,579,737 times
how does the wife even know who you are ?

this is bad because youre a kid; and, hes an adult. is this your first love ?

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 02-17-2020 at 03:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships