Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 04:08 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,088 times

Advertisements

OP, you had a FWB guy last month that you posted about here...is this the same guy you're talking about now? If so, it certainly explains why you only see each other once a week, and the lack of other things that would be normal in a regular relationship.

So, you started out as a FWB situation, and now you both might possibly want more from it. Like I said above, he probably wants to spend more time with you to see where this goes. Don't pressure him or overthink it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 04:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain2222 View Post
I haven't been with someone for a really long time. It has been about 6 years or so since I've had sex. I have met several guys but there has been not much attraction except one but I found out he was married..
I wasn't out to meet guys but I go out from time to time and conversations start.
so I met someone when I was out about a month and a half ago. I had sex with him the first night we met. We met every week since then one night a week.
Our personalities are a little different, he is more an extrovert, I am an introvert. he is more into sports, I am more into nature and arts.
He also has been married and has two teenage kids. I have never been married and I don't have and do not want any children.
I am worried because I am thinking about where it is going now. I haven't planned on being with anyone but through the years have thought about getting married and settling down.. but some days I think about staying single forever.

He is 45, I am 38. I think he likes me but i'm not sure..how do you know?
He texted me and asked me to come to a job site in another state with him this week for four days and I said yes...does that mean its becoming more serious or he wants more fun with me until he dumps me...I don't know how to bring things up because I am also having fun and don't want to make things too serious with "the talk"
If you were completely happy my love I'd say take it as it comes and go from there but as you're not I'd have a chat with him about it.

There's a HUGE difference in just having a pleasant chat based on " where do you see this going " and demanding for clarity and having it come across and sound like an ultimatum which can have the tendency to put a good few off.

However to me it just sounds like you're overthinking it as the situation is relatively new to you after 6 years but I'm sure if you were to just simply ask him then you'll be ok and won't rock the boat If that's what you're worried about

Old 03-05-2017, 05:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
It's hard but take it day by day and make sure your meetings aren't just for sex.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:31 PM

42 posts, read 77,012 times
By the way the fwb in my other posts is the same guy also I meant I hadn't had sex in six years before I met this guy

Old 03-05-2017, 07:42 PM

251 posts, read 188,569 times
If a man wants to spend four straight days with you he obviously likes you to some extent. I guess it's possible but it would be pretty cruel to spend four days together having sex just so he could use you up before he dumps you. Do you think he's the sort of person that would do something so mean? If yes, why are you even with him if you think he's such a jerk?

I'm not the kind of person that likes to have big relationship talks so I understand your hesitation but if you really want to know where you stand you're gonna have to ask him.

I personally would just enjoy his company at this point and see what happens. You haven't had sex in six years so just have fun for the time being.

If you want more of a relationship with him maybe try calling him more than usual or asking him to do something other than what you've been doing and see how he responds.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain2222 View Post
...He is 45, I am 38. I think he likes me but i'm not sure..how do you know?
He texted me and asked me to come to a job site in another state with him this week for four days and I said yes...does that mean its becoming more serious or he wants more fun with me until he dumps me...I don't know how to bring things up because I am also having fun and don't want to make things too serious with "the talk"
I would like to be sure a guy likes me before we have sex.

Seriously though, your title is: "...but there's a lot wrong". You're not listing a lot wrong, merely differences. I think you should stop spending so much time wondering if he likes you, wondering if he wants to be more serious, and consider your own feelings. What do you want? What will make you happy? That should be more important to you, work on achieving those things. That's all you can control anyway.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:21 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Who knows? He could be using you up or be interested. IMO too much too soon

Old 03-06-2017, 06:39 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Sounds like you two are just having fun, and that's OK. It's real easy to get hooked on a guy thru sex, so be real, is that what's going on here..?

You don't seem to have much else to say about this guy.. Having sex/fun is no foundation to build an actual relationship on.. (That's OK too. )

Old 03-06-2017, 07:43 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,603,221 times
You only meet once a week? Sorry, he sounds like he's still married to me.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:20 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hmmm. Interesting.

You haven't had sex in six years and now you've had sex with this guy. Probably pressuring this more from your end than his.

He sounds like he's interested and likes you a lot. As others have said, don't overthink this.

That being said, there's a thin line between mutually fun sex and feeling used. You do need to be sure you're both on the same sheet of music. You may be reading more into the sex than he is. You need to find out where his head is. I mean, if you're expecting things to be exclusive, and he's not - then, well, you both need to know that.

Just ask him. If he freaks out, you've got your answer. You can take it from there. But at least you'll know.
I have never had a guy be interested and like me a lot and still never contact me at all between dates, let alone have a "date" be hang at a bar then have sex. I DO think overthinking is needed here, JMO. I would personally say "I guess we should have discussed this before we started having sex, but I am looking for a committed relationship, are we on the same page?"

If you are having sex with him, you should feel comfortable enough to ask him anything. If you are afraid of the answer or afraid it will chase him off, something is wrong and again I say listen to your gut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships