Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 05:27 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,359,551 times

Advertisements

So I met this girl off a dating site and it lasted a few hours. At the end of the date she said something about wanting to kiss me, but I was caught off guard so didn't act on it. Now I'm getting a decent amount of texts everyday from her. She even asked me out on a Saturday before I asked her out again (I did discuss doing something again at the end of our meet). And this girl is very cute, so the whole thing surprises me and seems almost too good to be true. Also, I would consider myself a great catch for a guy.

I've never had a girl act this strongly after a first meet. Granted I just moved from Chicago where girls are more stuck up, so I'm not sure how normal this is in normal sized cities. Is this normal behavior, or a red flag of some sort? Or can some women give me some insight? I just worry about her getting too attached or jumping the gun too early. Of course she is very cute, so I'm not that worried.

On a side note, she is a 26 year old waitress with no career, but plans to go back to college. This is a big concern for me because I have a decent career and want the same from my SO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 05:40 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Already thinking about marriage after going on a 4 hour first date?

Old 04-02-2017, 05:41 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
hmm.... I see why you're cautious. On the surface of it, it sounds like a "too much, too soon" situation, that we caution women against, when the guy is over-eager. Get to know her slowly? One date/week, if that? How solid are her college plans; is she saving for tuition? Does she know where she's going to apply? Or is this just a pipe dream?

There are other cute women out there, you know.... Will you be seeing other women off the dating site? That might be the best way to go, to not put all your eggs in one basket.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:02 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,359,551 times
Is it normal/possible to feel that strong after a first meet though? I'm never that sure until a few dates.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:10 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Is it normal/possible to feel that strong after a first meet though? I'm never that sure until a few dates.
It happens, but it's not the norm. Though there have been people posting here who said they had sex on the first date, and even some who said not only did they have sex on the first date, but they were married after a few months. Still, if there is a norm these days, I think it's to take a few dates, at least, to evaluate. At least--that's what the usual C-D advise is to people in your position.

I guess the even more common advise given here is to say, "go with your gut feeling". So if you're a little uneasy about that, heed that feeling, and take things slowly. Norms don't really matter if you're uneasy with a given situation.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:22 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
I guess I don't find it to be a red flag, but I don't believe in playing games. If you like someone, let them know it.

Texting a lot does not mean she has strong feelings for you. It just means she had a great time, liked you, and wants to see you again. If you liked her, go out again. Don't overthink it.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:54 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
On a side note, she is a 26 year old waitress with no career, but plans to go back to college. This is a big concern for me because I have a decent career and want the same from my SO.
Everybody who didn't go to college says they plan to do so some day.

You check all her check boxes. Why wouldn't she actively pursue you?

The way you succeed in life is to get married to your socioeconomic equal. ...and stay married to your socioeconomic equal. 30 years from now, you both will have well-funded 401(k) portfolios, you'll own your home outright, and you'll likely have accumulated other wealth so you're not sleeping in a cardboard box underneath the railroad bridge the minute you are unable to work. Long term relationships are an economic union. There's nothing wrong with dating a waitress. Just go in with our eyes open. For a long term relationship, it's not optimizing your economics.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:59 PM

83 posts, read 86,987 times
Quote:
So I met this girl off a dating site and it lasted a few hours. At the end of the date she said something about wanting to kiss me, but I was caught off guard so didn't act on it. Now I'm getting a decent amount of texts everyday from her. She even asked me out on a Saturday before I asked her out again (I did discuss doing something again at the end of our meet). And this girl is very cute, so the whole thing surprises me and seems almost too good to be true. Also, I would consider myself a great catch for a guy.
Which dating site did you use? How much does it cost a month?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:

I've never had a girl act this strongly after a first meet. Granted I just moved from Chicago where girls are more stuck up, so I'm not sure how normal this is in normal sized cities. Is this normal behavior, or a red flag of some sort? Or can some women give me some insight? I just worry about her getting too attached or jumping the gun too early. Of course she is very cute, so I'm not that worried.

Date her for awhile see how things go.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Would you rather she wasn't enthusiastic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships