Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 11:55 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,340,606 times

Advertisements

My wife doesn't post here and gas no idea of this discussion, though I wouldn't care if she did.

So much I want to respond to, but just on a brief lunch at work.

Thank you, everyone and have a good one. I'll be back later this evening...8pm CST or so.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:11 PM

926 posts, read 674,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
My wife doesn't post here and gas no idea of this discussion, though I wouldn't care if she did.

So much I want to respond to, but just on a brief lunch at work.

Thank you, everyone and have a good one. I'll be back later this evening...8pm CST or so.
The post below is what YOU wrote to another member about her situation. And I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting it here and I bolded the parts of your post that absolutely APPLY TO *YOU* too:

Your happiness is paramount. After this you may have to pursue happiness on your own, or with another.

It is a very difficult thing, splits. I am going through something similar. But life...is a gift. It goes on, and we do go on as well.

I do not wish to sound harsh, but I believe in your circumstances, your husband (wife) will never view you or your marriage the same again after this. There will always be awkwardness. This is regardless of whether or not you confront him (her).

How long could you live like this, when you could be out with wild and beautiful humans, meeting new people and experiencing new things?

I am sorry if I overstepped, or seemed uncaring. I do care, but what is most in need of care here, is you and your happiness.

What could be more important? How can you do real good in the lives of other loved ones you have in this world if you are sorrowful or miserable?

You should feel no guilt. This says everything about your husband (wife) and nothing about the wonderful person you appear to be.

Um, you really need to start taking your own advice and applying it to yourself, Griffis!!!

Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
I am also wondering how someone can be 50 years old and have accumulated zero assets. No home, no property, no investments, no retirement account, no savings, NADA.

OP, do you think this is why your wife is attracted to the sugar daddy aspect of this man? She sees no financial future with you? Your failure to plan for retirement scared her?

Old 05-31-2017, 03:06 PM

477 posts, read 314,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am also wondering how someone can be 50 years old and have accumulated zero assets. No home, no property, no investments, no retirement account, no savings, NADA.

OP, do you think this is why your wife is attracted to the sugar daddy aspect of this man? She sees no financial future with you? Your failure to plan for retirement scared her?
I read in an article somewhere (please don't ask me to cite), that a large percentage of Americans don't even have a thousand dollars in the bank. I'm fortunate to not be in this category, but he could simply be a middle or working class guy with two kids in school who doesn't have much. I'm NOT saying this is the case here, but it is possible. A lot of ppl are in situations like that.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:11 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
I read in an article somewhere (please don't ask me to cite), that a large percentage of Americans don't even have a thousand dollars in the bank. I'm fortunate to not be in this category, but he could simply be a middle or working class guy with two kids in school who doesn't have much. I'm NOT saying this is the case here, but it is possible. A lot of ppl are in situations like that.
Well this isn't just a person. This is a family, with two adults with careers who will reach retirement age in just a few years. I know it happens, but that doesn't make it any less irresponsible. I am wondering if this is part of the issue.

Clearly, the biggest problems in this marriage are not impotence or swinging.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:17 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,352,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

She was taking $4-600 per pay period from the family till back in '13. She was a wonderful, underemployed woman then who had become addicted to gambling. I suspect she actually had an unconventional and therefore poorly understood approach to family finances. She threatened to leave Griffis when he took measures to prevent access to this money.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:28 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,732,850 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Ten bucks says it's the wife posting and they're both getting off on it. Y'all are being played.
This thread just seems too out there to be real .

Old 05-31-2017, 03:47 PM

477 posts, read 314,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
He's practicing for his next book

Old 05-31-2017, 04:38 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,616,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
You can say that again, player.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:12 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,257,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
She was taking $4-600 per pay period from the family till back in '13. She was a wonderful, underemployed woman then who had become addicted to gambling. I suspect she actually had an unconventional and therefore poorly understood approach to family finances. She threatened to leave Griffis when he took measures to prevent access to this money.
Wait...what? There is more to this tale?

Now she's a former gambler stealing money from her family? Lol Ya...she's a real peach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships