Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you greet and chat with your spouse when they come home from work?
No, I do not see that this is necessary 0 0%
Only if I have something to tell him/her 1 2.44%
YES! It would be cold and rude to not greet and chat with my wife/husband when they come home 40 97.56%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 PM

148 posts, read 644,782 times

Advertisements

I was over at a friends house and his wife came home from work. She went straight to the television and did not say anything to her husband, or him to her. I asked him if things were strained between them, he said no, things were great. I asked then why was there no greeting when she came home.

He said that a greeting seemed uneccessary. Why bother? He said that his family never thought constant communication was all that important. He said he and his wife may not say anything to each other all day, and that would be fine. To me that seemed odd, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 01:56 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
That does not seem odd. Not at all. I wish I could find someone that I did not have to talk to all the time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I was over at a friends house and his wife came home from work. She went straight to the television and did not say anything to her husband or him to her. I asked him if things were strained between them, he said no, things were great. I asked then why was there no greeting when she came home.

He said that a greeting seemed uneccessary. Why bother? He said that his family never thought constant communication was all that important. He said he and his wife may not say anything to each other all day and that would be fine. To me that seemed odd, what do you think?

4,739 posts, read 8,374,454 times
I think I'm a lucky guy!

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Oh man, how sad. When my husband walks in the door it's like a family reunion or something. The kids knock him down and of course I give him a kiss. You'd think we hadn't seen each other in two years or something.

Here's the truth: You NEED to let people know you love them as often as you can. You don't know when they might be gone.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:59 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh man, how sad. When my husband walks in the door it's like a family reunion or something. The kids knock him down and of course I give him a kiss. You'd think we hadn't seen each other in two years or something.

Here's the truth: You NEED to let people know you love them as often as you can. You don't know when they might be gone.
True and if you don't let them know you love them then the words " I Love You " become a bandaid for your short comings and mean nothing.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I was over at a friends house and his wife came home from work. She went straight to the television and did not say anything to her husband, or him to her.
I'm speechless...

271 posts, read 1,061,134 times
Quote:

YEAP!.........always.

90 posts, read 249,906 times
Quote:

I agree with this 100%. I try to make a big deal of it when my husband comes home. He has told me many times that it is often the best part of his day.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:05 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,246 times
My husband and I always greet each other. Even if we have only been out for a little while. We are almost always happy to see each other and let each other know that! Our son is also quite eager to greet either one of us if we even go outside and come back in!!!! I do think it is rather odd not to greet your loved ones when you come home at the end of the day.

My family (my parent's and brother) is very warm and mushy, so I don't understand that kind of behavior.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
Did the the OP say they don't say I love you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
True and if you don't let them know you love them then the words " I Love You " become a bandaid for your short comings and mean nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships