Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 PM

926 posts, read 673,709 times

Advertisements

I just have to say, that when I first joined this forum, I had certain specific ideals, opinions and inclinations with regard to dating certain kinds of people in specific types of situations.

Thanks to some of the posters here on CD, they have shown me - even though some of them were less than friendly with their advice lol - that there are so many variances, particulars and nuances to dating and relationship situations that need to be considered and thoroughly pondered before proceeding to the next step. Via PMs from certain members, they have taught me that some things are not what they seem, and alternatively, things that ARE what they seem may still have one or several layers to it.

I just wanted to create this thread to thank all of the CD posters who took time out of their busy day to advise me about what I'm currently going through as well as chiming in the other threads that I posted and giving me their feedback and opinions.

There are some really awesome seasoned and wise people on here that have offered me their sage advice, and to them, I want to say Thank You!

I also think that even when I get older and think that I'm experienced in relationships and dating, that I can still learn from reading some threads on here and constantly learn throughout my lifetime about these topics by reading about other members' experiences.

Have any of you learned more than what you already knew about dating and relationships by reading through other members' posts on CD? Or did/do you already know mostly what is discussed on here and you offer your sage advice to help others who are struggling to understand what they're going through?

Either way, I'm SO glad I found this site. It has helped me a lot and I'm sure it'll continue to help me in the future.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Yeah, I gotta admit I've learned a few pointers on this forum. I'm a bit more date savvy now than a couple years ago.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:59 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
CD has given me quite the education about you name it!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:02 PM

437 posts, read 336,264 times
I've learned a bit too in my brief time here. The good the bad and the outright wacky!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
I started out extremely naive. I hadn't dated in decades. I just started OLD when I googled a question and it lead me here, a little over a year ago. As my dating and people experience expanded, so did my reception to other people's opinions and experiences. Nothing beats live experience, but when a poster whose opinions you respect tells you you're not crazy for thinking something, or they agree, it does help! Even if everyone here is actually using their internet privileges in minimum-security prison and coming up with pretend lives for themselves, it's better than asking your office co-workers personal questions!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:36 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Ive learned nothing of significance to add to my knowledge of dating on here. I do hear a lot of contradictory accounts of what Ive experience IRL.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I just have to say, that when I first joined this forum, I had certain specific ideals, opinions and inclinations with regard to dating certain kinds of people in specific types of situations.

Thanks to some of the posters here on CD, they have shown me - even though some of them were less than friendly with their advice lol - that there are so many variances, particulars and nuances to dating and relationship situations that need to be considered and thoroughly pondered before proceeding to the next step. Via PMs from certain members, they have taught me that some things are not what they seem, and alternatively, things that ARE what they seem may still have one or several layers to it.

I just wanted to create this thread to thank all of the CD posters who took time out of their busy day to advise me about what I'm currently going through as well as chiming in the other threads that I posted and giving me their feedback and opinions.

There are some really awesome seasoned and wise people on here that have offered me their sage advice, and to them, I want to say Thank You!

I also think that even when I get older and think that I'm experienced in relationships and dating, that I can still learn from reading some threads on here and constantly learn throughout my lifetime about these topics by reading about other members' experiences.

Have any of you learned more than what you already knew about dating and relationships by reading through other members' posts on CD? Or did/do you already know mostly what is discussed on here and you offer your sage advice to help others who are struggling to understand what they're going through?

Either way, I'm SO glad I found this site. It has helped me a lot and I'm sure it'll continue to help me in the future.
congratulations, you have taken the first steps into a larger universe. in this life you only have your values, and your character, same as everyone else. stay open to the possibilities based on those values and character and you generally wont go wrong.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive learned nothing of significance to add to my knowledge of dating on here.
Can't teach the teacher. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 07-12-2017, 08:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I've learned that I can't go after men.They hate that.
I've learned that you can't be a single mom and date.Only other single dad's.
I've learned that age is just a number.
I've learned that I don't notice strangers flirting.
I've learn since I have a degree I only can date the same as me.
I've learned that only pet owners can date other pet owners.
I've learned that I'm a 7 on the hotness scale.
I've learned many net date.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
I've learned a little.

Most of the stuff was just common sense though. For me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships