Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:16 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,759 times

Advertisements

Ok, I was having this discussion with a married friend, another friend who's in a relationship and another friend who's single.

We were trying to figure out whether flirting when you're in a relationship is considered "illegal" by relationship standards. Like, say you're out with your friends at a bar and someone of the opposite sex is kinda flirting with you, is it crossing the boundary to innocently flirt back????

My argument was that as long as my partner doesn't exchange numbers, or cross the line by like kissing them, then I have no prob with them flirting, cuz I told my partner I'd rather they flirt innocently and come back home and ravage ME.....

My married friend and the other one in the relationship disagreed, they said any amount of flirting is a betrayal..... (I could see it if you're married, but if you're in a relationship I DONT think it's THAT big of a deal)........

My other single friend was kind of in the middle.....

What's your opinion????

I'm asking....... if you're in a RELATIONSHIP (not married, but seeing someone) is flirting when you're out considered WRONG???? I'd just like to hear other peoples takes on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 03:18 PM

1,577 posts, read 3,698,972 times
No. Its not. Especially if you know your limits, have self control, and your partner and you have a trustful relationship. Its up to you not to go too far. You can OVER flirt.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
It is human nature to flirt.

What you do with that flirting is what matters.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:26 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,336 times
I think if your in a relationship flirting is wrong. I think it's just an invitation to disaster. I want to be with a man that saves his flirting for me..

Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Nothing wrong with a little innocent flirting. How boring life would be without it.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,032,469 times
This is something that should be decided on an individual basis between the two people who are together. For some, it's okay. For others, it isn't. The important thing is to respect what your partner wants. What a bunch of strangers on City Data think is irrelevant.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:10 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
For me, flirting is sometimes an unconscious thing you do in reaction to someone you're attracted to. I guess you can control it, but who wants to do that?

yeah, yeah...don't make waves.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM

926 posts, read 2,746,855 times
If you know your limits and can keep it innocent it is fine...but flirting can lead to infidelity

Old 11-02-2008, 07:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Ok, I was having this discussion with a married friend, another friend who's in a relationship and another friend who's single.

We were trying to figure out whether flirting when you're in a relationship is considered "illegal" by relationship standards. Like, say you're out with your friends at a bar and someone of the opposite sex is kinda flirting with you, is it crossing the boundary to innocently flirt back????

My argument was that as long as my partner doesn't exchange numbers, or cross the line by like kissing them, then I have no prob with them flirting, cuz I told my partner I'd rather they flirt innocently and come back home and ravage ME.....

My married friend and the other one in the relationship disagreed, they said any amount of flirting is a betrayal..... (I could see it if you're married, but if you're in a relationship I DONT think it's THAT big of a deal)........

My other single friend was kind of in the middle.....

What's your opinion????

I'm asking....... if you're in a RELATIONSHIP (not married, but seeing someone) is flirting when you're out considered WRONG???? I'd just like to hear other peoples takes on it.
I would think flirting would be great, as long as my husband does not do it Just kidding.
I think if you are in a serious relationship you have no business flirting, especially when liquor is involved, it could get a little dicey.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I don't see a problem with a little innocent flirting if one is married or in a relationship. As long as it doesn't go too far. I'd never lead another guy on, and certainly wouldn't accept a drink from him nor let him waste his whole night flirting with me. Shortly after the flirt starts I would thank him for the compliments and let him know that I was taken. Even when I was single, most flirts never ended up turning into a date.... I just don't consider flirting that serious and a guaranteed prelude to love or sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships