Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times

Advertisements

Am I the only gay guy or guy who thinks that sexual activity should be fun/exzillerating on an emotional level?

In most all of my experiences with gay men - I can think of three that were really very fun for me emotionally (like how you feel after an awesome day at the water park) - but for all of my "brief" partners I had, "rolling in the hay" with me was just a chore to do in order to relieve their tension.

I on the other hand had so much fun that I wanted more. The men had a "what is wrong with you", "you digust me" type of attitude, when I suggested we roll in the hay some more at a later time. I am guessing their attitude was so bad because they were just using me to relieve sexual tension or stress. I wasn't even asking for a "life-partnership" or "courtship'. So, I was confused.

But the real questions is - So, am I the only GUY who finds sexual experiences to be fun emotionally. Or is that feeling very rare and weird for men? If so, then maybe I should have been a lesbian women LOL just teasing..I am cool being a dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 05:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Im a straight guy and when I was single I couldnt care less about any emotional experience or connection. It was purely physical. Now with my wife its totally different because I love her and it takes on a completely different almost spiritual experience.

But when I was single and with any old random chick, it was 100% physical. Only got emotional when they got up and made me a sandwich or something like that because it made me say "Oh how sweet, thank you". That was the extent of the emotions.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:15 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Am I the only gay guy or guy who thinks that sexual activity should be fun/exzillerating on an emotional level?

In most all of my experiences with gay men - I can think of three that were really very fun for me emotionally (like how you feel after an awesome day at the water park) - but for all of my "brief" partners I had, "rolling in the hay" with me was just a chore to do in order to relieve their tension.

I on the other hand had so much fun that I wanted more. The men had a "what is wrong with you", "you digust me" type of attitude, when I suggested we roll in the hay some more at a later time. I am guessing their attitude was so bad because they were just using me to relieve sexual tension or stress. I wasn't even asking for a "life-partnership" or "courtship'. So, I was confused.

But the real questions is - So, am I the only GUY who finds sexual experiences to be fun emotionally. Or is that feeling very rare and weird for men? If so, then maybe I should have been a lesbian women LOL just teasing..I am cool being a dude.
Oh, quit pandering to the women on this board. And you're really adopting a sly "I'm really a better person than those other men here because I'm more spiritual than they are" kind of attitude.

First things first. There are a large proportion of women out there who like recreational sex, too, without all those tedious commitment worries. Maybe they're just not at that point in life for it. So why buy into the baloney of the Andrea Dworkin crowd that women are mystical members of a virginal sisterhood, while men are nothing more than pigs at a trough?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM

lol spiritual to want to have even a little bit of committment. Right, that makes no sense. It is called middle ground and maturity. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of those terms before. My parents taught me those values when I was in junior high. Where were your parents to teach you that "sex" is a thing you do with people you like and respect and have a connection with. Another thing is "sex" is dangerous emotionally and physically. Some people die painful deaths because of AIDS or bacterial infections. Some people are hurt emotionally after being ditched after sex. A non-arrogant person would stay friends regardless of the so called "I don't want to be tied down because I want my freedom. I don't care if I use other people for sex. It is meaningless." -attitude. The truth is that sex is a RISK. You chance hurting another with STDs STIs or you chance hurting another emotionally. A huge responsibility comes with it.

A lot of men seem to be nothing more than pigs in a trough - thanks for bringing that up and validating it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, quit pandering to the women on this board. And you're really adopting a sly "I'm really a better person than those other men here because I'm more spiritual than they are" kind of attitude.

First things first. There are a large proportion of women out there who like recreational sex, too, without all those tedious commitment worries. Maybe they're just not at that point in life for it. So why buy into the baloney of the Andrea Dworkin crowd that women are mystical members of a virginal sisterhood, while men are nothing more than pigs at a trough?

Last edited by artsyguy; 03-14-2008 at 05:34 PM..

Old 03-14-2008, 05:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I agree with cpg on this. You do seem to be coming across that way.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I agree with cpg on this. You do seem to be coming across that way.
Yeah. So self-aggrandizing. As if to say, "I'm so faaaaabulous."

Old 03-14-2008, 05:36 PM

do I seem guilt-inducing? or something...? or superior because I am in control of my sex drive?

Old 03-14-2008, 08:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Im a straight guy and when I was single I couldnt care less about any emotional experience or connection. It was purely physical. Now with my wife its totally different because I love her and it takes on a completely different almost spiritual experience.

But when I was single and with any old random chick, it was 100% physical. Only got emotional when they got up and made me a sandwich or something like that because it made me say "Oh how sweet, thank you". That was the extent of the emotions.
Your posts made me curious. So far it sounds like you never had any relationships you cared about before you got married. What was so different about your current wife? Did she not start out as a "random chick"...? If she did, what changed that?

Old 03-14-2008, 08:35 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
do I seem guilt-inducing? or something...? or superior because I am in control of my sex drive?
No, you're insisting that your approach towards sex is right and everybody else is wrong.

And everybody is in control of their sex drive. People just choose not to.

Everytime I read your posts in this forum, it's easy to see you try way too hard to impress women while you criticize the men because they don't see things like you do.

For the record, there are many women who have sex with no emotional connection. It isn't a gender thing.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:46 PM

I am gay. I have no need to impress women at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
No, you're insisting that your approach towards sex is right and everybody else is wrong.

And everybody is in control of their sex drive. People just choose not to.

Everytime I read your posts in this forum, it's easy to see you try way too hard to impress women while you criticize the men because they don't see things like you do.

For the record, there are many women who have sex with no emotional connection. It isn't a gender thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships