Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 06:04 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelambofdeth View Post
Yet you have a vagina, so you'll never understand not garnering ANY form of attention.

Gee, thanks. This actually does help clear up the situation.

Quote:

People have an antiquated perception of what a man should be(doubly so if you're different) and if you don't fit that archetype you're a biohazard. You're toxic and unworthy.
Apparently being quiet is a cardinal sin. If you're not a cocky, out-going loud type you're invisible. Unless you're rich or look like David Bekham. None of which I am. That's my problem.
Now I recognize who you are.

Keep typing if you want. Keep contradicting yourself here, keep going to the club and seeking the wrong things and blaming anything and anyone else.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
I don't purposely try to be aggressive. I just have a resting ***** face lol. My natural expression is a scowl. Like if I'm talking with people and someone says something funny i have no issue laughing or whatever. I just don't routinely smile for no reason and people seem to take it the wrong way and make assumptions.

And sarcasm is like 100% of my humor...wihout it I don't think I could even talk.

I don't wear an algamation of flashy colors. Pretty much black, white, red or gray. My suits aren't flashy...very understated in fact.

Again I don't expect them to chase me down and mount me...Like dude I concede that I can come off as negative.Yet I was from the understanding if you're tall, not ugly and wear a 600$ shirt someone is going to notice you. I really don't think a lot of you understand what's it's like to continually go out and rarely get any attention from the opposite sex.
I think within this pretty short thread, you have a clear handle on what the problem is that's keeping women away. You're intimidating. No one wants to take the risk to approach someone if it seems highly likely they'll be rebuffed, rudely.

I don't know what to tell you except I'm still puzzling at people who can't smile unless something is funny. If someone is taking your picture, even as a child, can you smile then?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:07 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Maybe God just has something good in store for you. Who knows.
I wouldn't recommend waiting on God for this problem. Sure you can talk to him about it, but I personally don't think anyone's listening.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:08 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think within this pretty short thread, you have a clear handle on what the problem is that's keeping women away. You're intimidating. No one wants to take the risk to approach someone if it seems highly likely they'll be rebuffed, rudely.

I don't know what to tell you except I'm still puzzling at people who can't smile unless something is funny. If someone is taking your picture, even as a child, can you smile then?
Take it from an insider, black men don't have much to smile about these days.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Wearing formal attire makes you high maintenance, and dressing down makes you ignorant. What sterling options....

Must be nice to believe that. I guess smart bigots aren't a thing. Ok.
You completely missed what I am telling you but it is your choice to do so.
bylpph

Old 09-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Yet you have a vagina, so you'll never understand not garnering ANY form of attention.

People have an antiquated perception of what a man should be(doubly so if you're different) and if you don't fit that archetype you're a biohazard. You're toxic and unworthy.
Apparently being quiet is a cardinal sin. If you're not a cocky, out-going loud type you're invisible. Unless you're rich or look like David Bekham. None of which I am. That's my problem.
And now you're twisting things. You aren't coming off as "quiet", you're coming off as angry and no one wants to come up and approach some pissed off guy in a bar. You said your natural expression is a scowl.

So let me ask you. If you see a woman in public who looks angry, how motivated are you to approach her? (I'm not, I'll tell you that. I physically move away from people who are giving off angry vibes).

Old 09-04-2017, 06:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
OP, you identified your own solution right here:

Quote:
Ironically I get a lot of compliments from guys.
Maybe you're not getting approached by women because they think you're gay. There's a couple things you can do: alter your appearance to be less appealing to men and more appealing to women or consider responding to some of these guys who approach you.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:12 PM

376 posts, read 208,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
I can relate to what you are saying, having always been well dressed, groomed, very physically fit, etc. However, although women rarely approach me, I do get my share of looks and smiles – despite my very aloof, standoffish appearance. So there is something else you are projecting, which you are not conscious of.

Obviously, you are intimidating to most women -- but so what? You (should) only want the ones who are not afraid of you, and self-confident enough to actively engage you. As for the rest, let them continue to pass you by; if you did connect with them, their insecurities would inevitably become a relationship problem.

Also, be happy you are not one of those "shorter, less in shape, less attractive, dressed down guys." Women approach them because they are easy marks. They know these guys will be receptive, will not hurt their feelings, and can be easily manipulated. Again, be happy that is not you.
Yet NONE of them actually engage me....Like at least the marks are actually getting something. I guess I'm just not physically attractive as initially thought because I get dick in the way of looks let alone smiles.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:15 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Quote:
Ummm shouldn't dressing really well be enough to create my buzz? What should I do? Light a flare? Thing is females always complain about creeps cold approaching them out of the blue, I try the inverse and it's just as frowned upon. I try hunor but my sense is dark or dry and they just get offended and take it personally usually.

And I have a sister but her advice is usually counter- intuitive.
Someone may have said this already, but your intuition is clearly not working. Perhaps you should take your sister's advice, especially if it seems counterintuitive.

TBH, you seem nice-ish but a little arrogant and standoff-ish. Definitely warm up and you should do fine.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:16 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,392 times
Quote:
Yet NONE of them actually engage me....Like at least the marks are actually getting something. I guess I'm just not physically attractive as initially thought because I get dick in the way of looks let alone smiles.
Perhaps it really is that simple. However, the marks are not attractive either, yet they are getting some, so there still must be something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships