Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:41 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Elucidation of the REASONS WHY one no longer wishes to continue the relationship often only hurts the recipient much deeper.
Lol, quite the opposite. Ghosting someone in most cases, hurts more than at least telling the other person they're not into them like that anymore. It's funny how ghosters think they're sparing the other person's feelings, when in fact, they do the opposite in a lot of cases.

The women that have told me that they don't want to see me anymore, or think of me romantically, I've always thanked them for their honesty.

Quote:
What is your point about remorse? Not sure what you mean.
That the ghoster actually feels sorry and hurt for ending the relationship like that. Most times, they really don't. They're just taking the complete easy and cowards way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 12:43 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
ah, so ghosting is fine after just 1 or 2 dates!
I still don't believe it's fine per se, but after 1-2 dates (or somewhere there), there's no real attachment or feelings involved that early.

If it starts entering into multiple month terrority, then yes, ghosting is a cowards move.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:46 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Let's go back to the good old days. ."sally, I don't think this is going to work out"

Old 09-16-2017, 12:47 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
I completely disagree with everything you've said and your staunch point of view.
Why am I not surprised? This coming from a person who does not have the integrity to treat someone with dignity and respect but instead chooses to just leave them hanging and speculating.
Quote:
Elucidation of the REASONS WHY one no longer wishes to continue the relationship often only hurts the recipient much deeper.
This is just your opinion. Most folks prefer to know where they stand with a person they are dating.
Quote:
I and many other people do NOT want the reasons explained, especially if it's a somewhat short term relationship that has taken place.
I get it...you prefer to dodge and evade truth and honesty. I and many others's prefer truth and honesty.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:51 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
They're just taking the complete easy and cowards way out.
I agree...it's very cowardly behavior when you can't be straight up or honest with someone you have gone out with. I just can't relate.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:55 AM

8,238 posts, read 6,583,293 times
Quote:

Lol, quite the opposite. Ghosting someone in most cases, hurts more than at least telling the other person they're not into them like that anymore. It's funny how ghosters think they're sparing the other person's feelings, when in fact, they do the opposite in a lot of cases.
I agree that is true for some people. It also, of course, depends upon the nature of and length of the relationship. There is no standard relationship. Each is unique and personalities are complex. And emotional intimacy can exist....or not.

Quote:

The women that have told me that they don't want to see me anymore, or think of me romantically, I've always thanked them for their honesty.

That the ghoster actually feels sorry and hurt for ending the relationship like that. Most times, they really don't. They're just taking the complete easy and cowards way out.
Yes, some people prefer what you describe.

As far as feeling sorry, the pain can be extremely deep when one is forced to let someone go who they really like or really love.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:39 AM

122 posts, read 65,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You want it to be easier to use women for sex, then dump them and move on to the next one?
What? No, sex is mutually beneficial, nobody is getting used for anything. Unless you mean the drinks that mysteriously wind up on my tab. I personally perfer to have a non exclusivr sexual relationship for several weeks. I broke up with a girl today who I was in a sexual romantic relationship with. Told her straight up what the deal was.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:43 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
I did tell this guy I didn't want to see him anymore but he brushed it off and pretended nothing happened. I had no other choice than to ghost.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoriley86 View Post
30 yo male here i met a 29 yo girl on a dating website and hit it off real nice, for two months we hung out every weekend and every Wednesday and these are stay at each other's houses kind of nights. Things are going really welll granted we aren't exclusive or at least have t talked about it so i accept the fact anything is possible but out of nowhere we suppose to meet up this Wednesday she's says she'll let me know how her days lookin and I don't hear from her. So 8 pm comes around I text " should I assume going out is a no go tonight" she doesn't respond which is not like her she's usually really quick hour goes by I let her know that I'm out with my friends and heading home so let me know soon and again nothing so I just text goodnight hope all is well. Day goes by still nothing and it's only weird because we text regualalry I ask if everything is ok with her and again nothing. So apparently I've been told this is "ghosting" which is just dissappearing on someone when you feel it's over instead of being an adult and saying it? My thing is she's the one who has expressed how
Much she adores hanging out with me and how she doesn't want to stop doing what we doing but then all of a sudden she's nowhere to be found??? I'm just super confused, any insight or common experiences out there?
You've been "told this is ghosting", so that's what you're going with and aren't willing to consider any other possibility. You wouldn't drive to her home to see if she's okay, you wouldn't check with family or friends to find out if something has happened? You want to know what happened but the only thing you're willing to do is text her and make up your own reason why she hasn't responded...ghosting.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:46 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Silence tells you where you stand.
Except in cases like the OP's where it absolutely doesn't. Dating for several months, sex is good, no big conflicts, then the other person just disappears? Where do you stand there? That's cowardly and cruel behavior from someone you care about.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-16-2017 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships