Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

OP, honestly, when you consider this carefully, does it not seem obvious he was referring to how hot a barbecue would be? I've heard that response a LOT - wear as little clothing as possible. It's Austin. You'll be outside. Expect to be uncomfortably hot.

There's a saying. If there are two ways to interpret something, interpret it the kindest way. Your life will be easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 11:34 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would reply with "I will if you do."

It's a pretty standard joke, I find it funny that some would be offended.
Or "Does that mean you're wearing a speedo? "

Old 09-17-2017, 11:41 AM

11,796 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
The text generally rubs me the wrong way, but I'd need to know about the first date before I could say for sure. You have a right to feel the way you do about it.
Same here. With someone you've met once, if this type of banter hasn't already been established I can see how it could feel uncomfortable.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:47 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
OP, honestly, when you consider this carefully, does it not seem obvious he was referring to how hot a barbecue would be? I've heard that response a LOT - wear as little clothing as possible. It's Austin. You'll be outside. Expect to be uncomfortably hot.

There's a saying. If there are two ways to interpret something, interpret it the kindest way. Your life will be easier.

One thing is kindness, another is naivety and foolishness. It's about boundaries. I think it's naive to assume that this person was alluding to the hot weather outside (I'm not in Austin, by the way).

This is the same person who was complaining to me that the majority of women he meets are "floozies". Well, maybe he is the problem, not the women... Just saying.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:48 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That way you know what kind of sausage your getting! Kielbasa or cocktail sausage. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
One thing is kindness, another is naivety and foolishness. It's about boundaries. I think it's naive to assume that this person was alluding to the hot weather outside (I'm not in Austin, by the way).

This is the same person who was complaining to me that the majority of women he meets are "floozies". Well, maybe he is the problem, not the women... Just saying.
OK, so combined with this remark, I believe we have a red flag.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This might be a good one, as the OP's last communication before she cuts him off entirely, lol.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:04 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
How to reply "what do you mean?"

Once the meaning has been related to you:

A) are you still offended?
B) are you not offended?

A = act how you normally would in an offensive situation
B = continue on with your outting

Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post

THIS would offend me, and I probably would not have even gone on one date with him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-17-2017, 12:11 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
THIS would offend me, and I probably would not have even gone on one date with him.

That was on date one that he was complaining...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships