Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:45 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,943 times

Advertisements

With this whole #metoo campaign and how easy it is to get a false rape or harassment charge, it seems so easy for a female to ruin a man’s life. Plus, women don’t seem to really like men and I always hear females say such negative things about men in general (all guys are jerks). It also seems to be impossible to deal with women’s mood swings. Also I have seen many relationships where women go from being really sweet to being manipulative over the years. I want a relationship but women get bored with you if you treat them with respect and see you as weak. This is exactly how my ex saw me and many men have the same story. I just don’t know what to do. I want a relationship but getting in the wrong relationship can ruin a persons life permanently. My ex already hurt me pretty bad and I can’t deal with another failed relationship but I need to be with somebody.

Edit: I don’t NEED to be with anybody! I am ok being alone most of the time

Last edited by sportslover; 11-25-2017 at 09:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 09:58 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,978 times
I believe you are coming at this from the wrong angle and generalising way too much. The #metoo campaign is intended to bring people's wrongdoings and abuses of power to light, not 'ruin a man's life' or lead to sweeping statements about men and women.

The true risk, which I applaud people's bravery in taking although I'll never understand their choice, is letting someone into your life and giving them the power to hurt you. Can't do it, won't do it.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:11 PM

777 posts, read 452,863 times
Let me just say, I am a woman and I like men. Shocker.

I don't like men who abuse women. I don't like anyone who abuses anyone.

So don't abuse others, and you're probably good with me.

Maybe I'm weird, but I think it should be that simple.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
You guys are a bunch of wussies.

Who isn't afraid of being vulnerable and getting hurt? I surely am, but you know, that's just part of gawd damn life Personally, its a risk worth taking, for I only live once.

As for this #metoo. I think its getting carried away to the extreme. I just read an article (posted in another sub-form) that a mother wants to ban a book "Sleeping Beauty" from school curriculum, because it was teaching boys inappropriate behavior (kissing a sleeping woman without consent)

LOl hahaha

At this rate, men will need a notarized written consent from a woman and body cam before they interact with any woman, Lol.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Isn't the sleeping beauty story about Al Franken? Bc that looks kinda like a picture out of a story book...
Agreed, nothing's changed for the regular guy, it's the predators who may want to change their ways. IMO.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:39 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Do some internet research under the term MGTOW. More men these days agree with you. They believe relationships with women are too risky. Youtube and reddit are full of info on this. You are not alone.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Who isn't afraid of being vulnerable and getting hurt? I surely am, but you know, that's just part of gawd damn life
I only take the risk if I want the reward, mate. There are no prizes to win by being with me, either for me or a woman who may decide she wants to.

'Don't be so down on yourself,' you might say. I'm being realistic. I am selfish, solitary and often emotionally absent because I prefer to put all my time and energy into my work or writing. That's how I want to be remembered, and it matters more to me than what some would call being a decent person.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:12 PM

No MGTOW here, by the way. Many of those 'men' seem to blame women for their problems and shortcomings rather than take responsibility. A woman treated you badly, hurt and then left you? Newsflash- nobody comes into your life unless you roll out the carpet for them. As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. Perhaps your average MGTOWer would do well to look in the mirror and own his part in why the relationship didn't work out.

I recognised long ago that I am not partner or husband material, and very unlikely to be anyone's first choice for either. Once I decided not to make love a priority, or even an option, that allowed me the freedom to focus on things that matter more to me.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:36 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
1.) It also seems to be impossible to deal with women’s mood swings.
2.)Also I have seen many relationships where women go from being really sweet to being manipulative over the years.
3.) I want a relationship but women get bored with you if you treat them with respect and see you as weak. This is exactly how my ex saw me and many men have the same story. I just don’t know what to do. I want a relationship but getting in the wrong relationship can ruin a persons life permanently.
All you have to do is the opposite of what you’ve been doing.
1.) DONT stay with a women that has massive mood swings.
2.) women can only manipulate you if you let them
3.) just don’t be weak and set boundaries.

It sounds to me like you want a relationship with no work whatsoever. That will never happen. If you don’t learn how to deal with these issues you might never meet someone that is right for you. There’s a balance of everything to obtain, and you have to learn how to deal with all the rough to get to the diamond.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:57 AM

104 posts, read 96,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
I believe you are coming at this from the wrong angle and generalising way too much. The #metoo campaign is intended to bring people's wrongdoings and abuses of power to light, not 'ruin a man's life' or lead to sweeping statements about men and women.

This. I find that the men who complain about #MeToo have very negative views about women. False accusations are far rarer than these men seem to think.

I'm skeptical of men who claim to be confused about sexual harassment and afraid of getting accused. It's not difficult to not sexually harass other people. For a rule of thumb, don't say or do anything to a woman that you wouldn't want your 300-pound cellmate Bubba to say or do to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships