Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 06:07 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times

Advertisements

A comment in another thread inspired this thread. The poster said that finding dates/casual sex is easy, but keeping/maintaining a relationship is hard. That seemed counter intuitive to me, as it seems like it would be easy to maintain a healthy relationship, (assuming both parties want a relationship) but it's difficult for me to find dates.

I have next to no experience with this kind of thing, as my longest relationship was somewhat long-distance, and we only met IRL for two dates. So, I'm curious about what your experiences are.

Do you agree with that poster, that dating is easy, but maintaining a relationship is difficult? Or, do you find dating difficult, but once you've found mutual interest, it's easy to keep the relationship healthy? Or, do you find it all to be difficult, or all pretty easy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
I think being single and not looking is the easiest.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:44 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
It is all damn near impossible for me.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:17 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
It depends on who you're seeing. The early part of most relationships is usually easy. Once you've been together a few months, the honeymoon stage starts to fade. If you're with a mentally healthy person, things might work out. If you're with a nut, then things might go haywire.

Some people struggle to find dates. For others it's easy.

Be a good person. Find another one like you.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:19 PM

153 posts, read 121,194 times
You'll find out soon enough once you get to the long term "maintaining" part with someone, and I hope you do. It's work, but worth it.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:37 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Nowadays, I don't really have a problem getting dates.

However, having it progress into a long term relationship has been very hard (I don't get casual sex easy at all either).

Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I think being single and not looking is the easiest.
The path of least resistance, effort and hardship. I know its nooks and crannies all too well.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:12 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Ive always had a woman in my life since my mid teens. I dont have a problem finding dates, or getting laid. However, I'm currently single, so its obvious, I'm not really good at keeping a woman .

Relationships do take work (nothing good in life comes without some efforts and sacrifice... ) but as someone mentioned "its worth it". Ive always cherished all my relationships in the past, good and bad. And Ive always considered myself blessed to have spent a part of my life with every woman Ive been with.

Loved shared is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 09-29-2017 at 02:25 AM..

Old 09-29-2017, 02:16 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive always had a woman in my life since my mid teens. I dont have a problem finding dates, or getting laid. However, I'm currently single, so its obvious, I'm not really good at keeping a woman .

Relationships do take work (nothing good in life comes without some efforts and sacrifice... ) but as someone mentioned "its worth it". Ive always cherished all my relationships in the past, good and bad. And Ive always considered myself blessed to have spent a part of my life with every woman Ive been with.

Loved shared is one of greatest pleasures in life.
Agreed.

I feel that way with everyone. Family, friends, acquaintances, dates I've been on, short term relationships, etc.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:11 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
The path of least resistance, effort and hardship. I know its nooks and crannies all too well.
I like the simple life.

I put effort into taking care of myself, eating right, learning new things, working out and surrounding myself with good people.

I tend to feel a lot more than others. When I experience joy, it makes me want to sing and dance in the rain. When I experience sadness, it makes me want to cry in the rain, hoping to catch pneumonia and die. Detachment has been the best thing for me. It has also made me lose interest in dating.

But to answer the OP's question, dating around is a lot easier and more fun for me. Without trying to sound immature, you get to go out, meet new people, have a good time, and not deal with drama. The downside is when my dates want to have sex by date number 2 and get disappointed when I tell them I'm not ready yet. I figured it'd be better to just have friends. Actually happier this way. I have gone home from dates that just makes me cringe.

Last edited by Gabriella Geramia; 09-29-2017 at 03:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships