Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:53 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Ew. No. In what way is that romantic!? *shudder*
I think some cops get REALLY carried away with the cool toys they get to play with at work, and the uniforms they get to wear. And how they get to boss people around and make them do what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 11:03 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I think, it was awe inspiring. Inappropriate and unromantic, perhaps to some, but you cant deny the joy on her face.

I give these first responders a pass on this.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
No I'm not kidding. As a taxpayer, don't use govt resources to stage a stunt like this. Plus the best laxative today with all the police brutality going on is a traffic stop.
That's why you can't get a girl, bro. You're too sensitive. Girls don't like sensitive dudes. They like hard dudes that have a sensitive side. That's different.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Let's enumerate all the reasons wrong with it:

1) First of all, the public exhibitionism of it. Not everything in life is a public event, especially the most important decision two people can make together. Jeez, I hate it that everything succumbs to the entertainment disease. I mean, there are scads of YouTube videos where some dolt staged similar stunts, only to get spurned in the most humiliating fashion possible.

2) This isn't romance. This is coercion. The fact that it's being done by being pulled over by a Sherriff doesn't help.

3) I can't imagine how scaring the bejeezus out of someone is a good idea. And the fact that it worked this time isn't exactly a recommendation.

4) Finally, if the guy has to enlist his buddies to shanghai his girlfriend into accepting his marriage proposal, then he has testicles the size of English peas. Just be a man and do it at your local restaurant over the veal.
Did the female say yes? If so, then what is the point of all this? Why you so scared?

Old 10-11-2017, 11:49 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Look at all the triggered folks. LOL

I thought it was cute.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
That's why you can't get a girl, bro. You're too sensitive. Girls don't like sensitive dudes. They like hard dudes that have a sensitive side. That's different.
You're new here ain't you?

First, it's The Diss or Diss, NOT bro. Secondly, you apparently ain't read my posts, I'm the hardest dude on this forum. Others will say to a fault. Third, I'm just sensitive about using taxpayer resources and a position of public trust to scare the outta my girlfriend, I'm just a misfit like that.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:04 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post

I thought it was cute.
Agreed!!!

Old 10-11-2017, 01:48 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Did the female say yes? If so, then what is the point of all this? Why you so scared?
Because some dunce will say, "Oh, what a great idea!"

I had a buddy who was a cop. His favorite tactic for trying to meet women was to pull them over on some trivial offense. "Did you ever get a date from it?" "Well, no...."

If you can't see all the things wrong with this, from the introduction of power dynamics to the fact that it's a stupid, juvenile stunt, I just don't know what to tell you.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:12 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Sounds like he watched Me Myself And Irene too many times. Guess he couldn't afford the plane and the banner?

I think the DUI thing was in poor taste, perhaps he should have just pulled her over for a fake broken brake light. She didn't seem to have an issue with it, though.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post

I thought it was cute.

Use of government property for personal gain is never "cute". Heck, when in a government car you can't even stop to pick up personal things like your dry cleaning if its along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships