Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:59 PM

336 posts, read 195,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
'#' means hashtag. It did mean pound when it was a button on the phone.

shrug
No actually it also means a unit of weight, as in lb. lb=pound

So, if someone tells you #sand - it could mean a couple different things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 03:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Just reading people comments to a news story. Theyre serious too
You can find 50 crazy anything on the internet.

And all of them anonymous.

You already know this can in no way be representative of the population as a whole.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:03 PM

336 posts, read 195,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You can find 50 crazy anything on the internet.

And all of them anonymous.

You already know this can in no way be representative of the population as a whole.
I certainly know that, but it seems like common response from those commenting. Its just getting out of control imo.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I certainly know that, but it seems like common response from most women commenting. Its just getting out of control imo.
It was common in the comments because it brought out the crazies.

Believe me, if someone posted an article on Nazis, indigo children, or placenta eating, 50 Nazis, indigo children or placenta eaters would show up.

But how many of these do you know in actual firsthand experience? Or even casually...say, through friends of coworkers?

A lot?

Any?

It's the internet, dude. Take a deep breath and step back and think for a minute. Have you EVER, even once in your entire life said to a woman, in person...right there..."Your new haircut looks nice," and have her shriek in terror, "Don't rape me!"?

Old 01-25-2018, 04:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
yeah, im trying to joke about it, cpt obvious. too many dense heads up in here to get it, I suppose
Nice try, but it sounds more like you were voice texting and now are trying to backpedal.

I don't think you're equipped to work here. We'll mail your last check to you.

Also, don't read the comments sections of news sites. It's literally the dregs of humanity, and it's rubbing off on you.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
THanks, I forgot I should come to CDR for opinions of the sane and intelligent
Well then forget about our comments, and forget about the article comments.

What have you experienced?

At least, let's say...20% of the time, okay, heck, 10% of the time...or even 5% of the time (since this is a "growing problem," apparently...I'm being VERY conservative given that), when you have told a woman "Your hair looks nice," has she burst into tears and told you not to rape her? And/or marched off furiously to HR demanding your immediate termination? Or did she call the cops or something? Ask her brothers to beat you up? Any sort of nutty reaction at all along these lines?

Or, has that happened to anyone you know personally? Even loosely. An acquaintance? Anybody you actually know (not stupid comments on the internet)? The person literally said a woman's hair looks nice and the woman said the person was committing rape?

Even one single time? Out of probably hundreds of people you've known over your lifetime?

Yeah. Me neither.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:24 PM

505 posts, read 368,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
He should have made a point of getting out some hand sanitizer or giving his hands a good scrubbing - like a doctor preparing for surgery - in front of her. She'd get the message then!
Better yet should have returned after the first incident wearing latex gloves.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:53 PM

197 posts, read 232,367 times
Birdiebelle, Whats the name of the shop your husband went to. I could use a good......haircut.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,069,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
LMAO!!!!

Can't blame a girl who works for tips, I guess!! hahaha
As Donna Summer sang "She Works Hard for the Money"

Old 01-28-2018, 09:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
wow! im constantly blown away at the hypocrisy of certain people. Its ok for a woman to come up to you and rub her sex organs on a guy at work, but a man saying "you changed your hair, it looks nice" is unwelcome and treated as sexual harassment. Talk about a double standard. I wonder what would happen if I walked around my office with an erection, rubbing my junlk on all the females here? Ive had that happen to me more than once, since ladies cant keep their hands off of me (cant blame them). On more than one occasion, Ive had girls come up to me and grab me by my crotch to feel my size or jump on me straight up. Next time, Im calling 911 for sexual assault
Attached Thumbnails
Female co-worker comes up behind me-7bd42211-bd01-4330-a6d5-38f917379d82.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships