Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
I generally couldn't be bothered with the "I'll tell you later" or "just ask" profiles either. Aside from the general laziness issue, there's the chance they are the types to tell you anything you want to hear, i.e. liars and fakes, who don't want anything in writing because they just mirror the woman whose panties they are trying to drop at the moment.
So much truth to this - great point. I call them shape-shifters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So much truth to this - great point. I call them shape-shifters.
Blobs

Old 02-01-2018, 10:20 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
, there's the chance they are the types to tell you anything you want to hear, i.e. liars and fakes, who don't want anything in writing because they just mirror the woman whose panties they are trying to drop at the moment.
Never gave that a thought. Just always figured they were boring.
If they can actually type long enough to tell pretty lies they might be worth responding to just to toy with them during really dull days.
(No, I'm not going to bother. I still see them as boring)

Old 02-01-2018, 12:29 PM

235 posts, read 148,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
skip them.. same thing with the "just ask" profiles.
LOL. I don't think I have it on my profile but I remember I always say when we I am messaging them to just ask me what they want to know. I never ever answer "I'll tell you later". I answer the question. I don't think "I'll tell you later" is acceptable at all. Why don't you just answer the freaking question. It's not rocket science, I presume?

It would definitely not make me not waste my time on them anymore if they give me that non answer. Bye Felicia.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:49 PM

17,213 posts, read 57,052,961 times
As a guy, I would expect this from a gal who has *a lot* of serious baggage, but, who at least in her own mind, is like 9000C HOT, and figures that she can "get an override" on all the deal breakers in person.

When I was 25, that might have worked. OK, in fact, it did work (for a while) a couple of times. But by the time I was 40, naw, that was not going to get you in the door.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
LOL. I don't think I have it on my profile but I remember I always say when we I am messaging them to just ask me what they want to know. I never ever answer "I'll tell you later". I answer the question. I don't think "I'll tell you later" is acceptable at all. Why don't you just answer the freaking question. It's not rocket science, I presume?

It would definitely not make me not waste my time on them anymore if they give me that non answer. Bye Felicia.
I guess the OP but I was referring something she's been told after talking to somebody and before they meet.
I was talking about the blurb that's supposed to accompany photos on profiles.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
It's laziness. Can't be arsed to answer a few questions. That would be a no-go for me, personally. But there's someone for everyone.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:06 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Thank you for the advice and I'll take it, no matter how good they look in the pictures.

As it is, I have probably four items, if they are in my interest category at all, that are the dropped like a lead potato. That they smoke, that they never drink, that there is something in their profile that clearly says we aren't compatible (voted for Trump, hunt, things like that), or if they list their phone number or other indication that they won't use Match.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:46 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,496,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Thank you for the advice and I'll take it, no matter how good they look in the pictures.

As it is, I have probably four items, if they are in my interest category at all, that are the dropped like a lead potato. That they smoke, that they never drink, that there is something in their profile that clearly says we aren't compatible (voted for Trump, hunt, things like that), or if they list their phone number or other indication that they won't use Match.
That's an interesting set of deal breakers. The smoking, I get. The rest you'd likely drop for the right person in person. Women generally don't like men who exhibit low-t traits. Interesting that you'd DQ a guy smart enough not to use a time/money sink like Match, to be honest. Especially when the odds are against him and the point of an IAC owned dating site is merely to take your money for as long as it can...

Old 02-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
That's an interesting set of deal breakers. The smoking, I get. The rest you'd likely drop for the right person in person. Women generally don't like men who exhibit low-t traits. Interesting that you'd DQ a guy smart enough not to use a time/money sink like Match, to be honest. Especially when the odds are against him and the point of an IAC owned dating site is merely to take your money for as long as it can...
I'm not the OP but I think she meant that by putting out an email or phone number they are indicating that they only want to communicate off Match, which usually means sexual conversation or pictures or scamming which might get them reported and their account shut down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships