Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
That's an interesting set of deal breakers. The smoking, I get. The rest you'd likely drop for the right person in person. Women generally don't like men who exhibit low-t traits. Interesting that you'd DQ a guy smart enough not to use a time/money sink like Match, to be honest. Especially when the odds are against him and the point of an IAC owned dating site is merely to take your money for as long as it can...
Well, that they never drink is my deal breaker ALTHOUGH that one is crisscrossed.

I drink wine mostly. A fun thing in my life is going to the wine store and buying a few cases from around the world. I cook with wine. For someone to say they never drink means they are apart from a major part of my (mainland Europe) upbringing.

I, however, don't drink outside the house. I don't drink and drive. I put 8 hours between the last drink and when I get in the car. There are other factors as well, such as I don't want to wake up the next morning wondering if what I did last night was party energy or alcohol.

It is possible that this level of discipline has been a stopper in a few of my relationships in the past.

The "voted for Trump, does hunting, etc" are deal breakers I have seen in the profiles of others.

As far as those who want immediately jump to phone numbers, well, they are robbing me of the protections that Match has.

Rather reminds me of another site where he wanted those sexy pictures within 5 minutes of when we started talking. To which I said..........

"Seduce me a little bit, please, before you take my clothes off."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 06:42 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Isn’t it just a cheap used car salesman approach to try to creat intrigue?

Old 02-05-2018, 06:46 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Isn’t it just a cheap used car salesman approach to try to creat intrigue?
I uppose you'd have to ask the ones that do it what their response rate is but as far as I can tell, it's ain't workin' .

Old 02-05-2018, 09:39 AM

314 posts, read 439,918 times
I know what you mean. It seems quite a few female OLD profiles have the "I'll update this later" or "I'll fill this out later". I skipped over them.

I funniest one I seen had a couple of profile photos of scenery and nothing of her. She went on to explain that she didn't want her photo out there incase someone she knows see's it and just to send her a message and IF she replies then she is interested, if not then move on. HAHA!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:48 AM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

As far as those who want immediately jump to phone numbers, well, they are robbing me of the protections that Match has.
Makes perfect sense to me.

I made all arrangements for the first meeting on the dating platform (I tried more than one, including Match and POF). I didn't give out my phone number unless that first meet was successful, i.e. we both acknowledged we wanted to see each other again.

It was a simple matter of privacy and personal safety. It was also a boundary. I am sensitive to having my boundaries pushed. I didn't mind briefly explaining why it was my policy, but pushing the issue after that was apt to eliminate the possibility of ever meeting in person.

I am all too aware of how much you can find out about someone with just a phone number. I know because I have done it when guys volunteer the information without me asking for it. My address is public record because I own my home, so I am careful.

Aside from that, my policy netted me exactly zero UDPs.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:22 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, that they never drink is my deal breaker ALTHOUGH that one is crisscrossed.

I drink wine mostly. A fun thing in my life is going to the wine store and buying a few cases from around the world. I cook with wine. For someone to say they never drink means they are apart from a major part of my (mainland Europe) upbringing.

I, however, don't drink outside the house. I don't drink and drive. I put 8 hours between the last drink and when I get in the car. There are other factors as well, such as I don't want to wake up the next morning wondering if what I did last night was party energy or alcohol.

It is possible that this level of discipline has been a stopper in a few of my relationships in the past.

The "voted for Trump, does hunting, etc" are deal breakers I have seen in the profiles of others.

Rather reminds me of another site where he wanted those sexy pictures within 5 minutes of when we started talking. To which I said..........

"Seduce me a little bit, please, before you take my clothes off."
Well, as much as you are into guns, outside of hunting, I don't think a Bloomberg clone would want to date you (oh, wait, he is only against guns for other people...). Anyway, there are hunters and there are other hunters. You have the ethical, fair-chase types who make a great effort to know what they are doing, they harvest their game almost always as a one-shot kill. Particularly say quail, yeah, they raise a brood of about 10 chicks per pair, there is no way they can all live through the winter on the same ground the parents grew up on. So I don't see how anybody can make a sensible objection to hunting them.

Then, of course, you have the beer swilling slob hunter, who brings you home 2 or 3 bloody pheasants, not even field dressed, made no attempt to cool them down so now they are getting quite "gamey". Well, of course you would not want this type.

As to voting for Trump - one might excuse this as not so much a vote *for* Trump, as a vote against the Hildebeast. And, mind you, given the election as it actually shook out - a voter in a competitive state who voted third party, could be sure they were helping either Trump or Hillary. Just not sure which one. I'm not sure one learns much about a person's character by examining their choice of "least bad" options.

Now, as to the wine thing, we are truly on the same page, although, someone who abstained for strictly medical reasons I could understand. But there in the Bible Belt, yeah, it ain't usually science-based as to why they won't drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships