Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:03 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times

Advertisements

About 10 years ago a woman while researching for a book she was writting lived as a man for 18 months.
She ended up checking into a mental hospital afterward, funny thing is I she seemed well adjusted before hand, more over going on dates, and trying to meet women caused her a great deal of stress, being that she was a lesbian and she has been able to attract and maintain relationships with women her whole life, but trying to attract women as a man she found grueling and draining. I actually read the book it was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2Jtm_x8f8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 08:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Honestly, if a man could walk in a woman's shoes for a year he'd be insane too.

But so what, everybody would just keep throwing dirty laundry on top of his prostrate, nutso-babbling form. I mean, he now has the equipment for all that to "come naturally" to him on top of working full-time and taking care of kids.

Yeah.

NEITHER has it easy.

Life isn't easy.

Be a woman anywhere in history for a year. Even today, in the total confusion of a fast-changing social evolution. See if you make it out of that alive.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,160 times
Well, she said what caused her to check into the hospital was a feeling of losing her identity (not because of not getting dates). But it was interesting how women reacted to her when they thought she was a man and how they let their guard down when they found out she was a woman. She also said she could relate to women being on their guard because she herself didn’t like being approached for relationships when she was focused on other things. I honestly don’t think women being in men’s shoes would change much, unless men could be in women’s shoes too.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Well, she said what caused her to check into the hospital was a feeling of losing her identity (not because of not getting dates). But it was interesting how women reacted to her when they thought she was a man and how they let their guard down when they found out she was a woman. She also said she could relate to women being on their guard because she herself didn’t like being approached for relationships when she was focused on other things. I honestly don’t think women being in men’s shoes would change much, unless men could be in women’s shoes too.
^ ........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's a wrap, folks.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Your sample of " one" is hardly a commentary on the dating problems that some people are experiencing. What are we supposed to glean from one person's experience? if this dating thing is so dang difficult how did we end up with 7.6 billion people roaming the planet?
Personally I believe that guys who can't get a date are more the exception than the rule.
It's not some kind of scientific phenomenon.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:35 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
"Dating landscape." LOL.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"Dating landscape." LOL.
it should be much more simple than it is.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
it should be much more simple than it is.
No it shouldn't. Nature makes it complex for a reason. We should not rut with whomever, whenever. We SHOULD be selective on various levels.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:02 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
I try to put myself in other people's shoes. It's a habit that can be developed. I have to remember that women especially in their 20's get lots of attention and if I was in their shoes I'd probably let the attention go to my head as well. It's human nature. This is why I am much less bitter and more relaxed about the whole thing than a lot of men though some of my posts might suggest otherwise. I also don't fault men or women for behaving the way their DNA drives them to behave. The conscious part of our brain developed much more recently than the emotional/animal part (limbic system) so people often think one thing while doing another. It's a natural part of having different parts of the brain that don't communicate their intentions very well with each other.

It's amazing we are able to control ourselves as well as we can all things considering. The reason the world seems to be "going to hell" is because we are animals, and always have been. Neurochemistry and hormones, DNA strands, ancient drives... all control most of our behavior. It's only the personal development gurus, monks who practice mindfulness and meditation, and other people that have learned to biohack that can more easily rise above these drives or observe them without letting them control them. Fortunately with youtube and the like all this information on biohacking is readily available.

Every day I'm a little more confident, a little more at peace, and a little closer to achieving the goals that have been set. Every man should have these goals in mind, and hopefully get an earlier start at them than I did. Constant evolving and maturing should be par for the course for a man. Women too. You start to judge less and accept more after you see the human condition.. there's no need to get so emotional over everything.. many of the worries and concerns disappear even though the life ends up being more disciplined in the end with goals set...

Old 01-31-2018, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No it shouldn't. Nature makes it complex for a reason. We should not rut with whomever, whenever. We SHOULD be selective on various levels.
Actually nature made it simple, modern society made it complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships