Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:55 PM

1,178 posts, read 688,759 times

Advertisements

When you are invited to meet the parents of someone you have been dating for awhile....is this a positive sign that they are considering you for a more serious relationship/official thing? I’m not referring to engagement here but as in moving from dating to more serious dating or committed relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 09:10 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,266,162 times
In my experience, yes, it is a sign that he wants to take things to the next level in your relationship.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
In my experience, yes, it is a sign that he wants to take things to the next level in your relationship.
OK. This is what it would mean to me as well.

His oarents are not local to him so I suspect it might mean something. His mom was coming up to visit him for the weekend. It has happened before and he has not invited me before so to me it says he might be on the more serious side. Ihad no idea he told his parents he was dating anyone.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,766,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
When you are invited to meet the parents of someone you have been dating for awhile....is this a positive sign that they are considering you for a more serious relationship/official thing? I’m not referring to engagement here but as in moving from dating to more serious dating or committed relationship.
Could be.

Could also be possible it just means he wants you to meet his parents and that's it.

If you want to know the meaning behind a specific person's actions, talk to them and observe them.

It's the best way to get the answers you seek.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Could be.

Could also be possible it just means he wants you to meet his parents and that's it.

If you want to know the meaning behind a specific person's actions, talk to them and observe them.

His parents have come before and he has never invited me to meet them. It has some significance, jus not sure what.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:30 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,766,525 times
Quote:
His parents have come before and he has never invited me to meet them. It has some significance, jus not sure what.
Up to you to figure it out.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:32 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,937,055 times
I can't read his mind

I can say I've had completely non-serious partners meet my parents and serious partners who haven't.

I think "meeting the parents" is way overblown as a thing

Old 02-12-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Could be.

This is an internet board.Everyoneon here is asking questikns about relationships whoch would be better answered by the other persons in question. You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:36 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,937,055 times
Quote:
This is an internet board.Everyoneon here is asking questikns about relationships. You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to.
That was the best answer in the thread

Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
That was the best answer in the thread
It is a pet peeve of mine how on internet boards, people don’t just stick to the question and offer a viable thought to the specific question. It seems to happen in this board all the time. This is certainly not the most pointless thread on here! It goes without saying thatI vould ask him! If I wanted to ask him, I would just go ahead and do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships