Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 01:12 PM

119 posts, read 106,596 times

Advertisements

I pretty much been single all my life and try dating websites and apps like Badoo. I never had success on any of these platforms and I'm getting to the point where I want to try outside the US. When I was in college I had no luck either so I gave up and waited few years later try again and still the same thing. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and given the diversity in culture I thought it should be easier but turns out its not. I'm going after girls who are like 3 and 4. I'm 5'10, 185lb and mixed with Native American, Irish and Latin. I tried people from the Midwest but no luck and probably because so conservative out there.

However, I recently signed up for free international dating site. I do get lot more attention on there than any American dating site. I was bit surprised I got messages from Russian and Ukrainian women. I also got few from United Kingdom, Poland and few from Brazil. So now I'm wondering maybe international dating is what I need to get my love life in working order.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:16 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,055,673 times
I think it would be worth examining why you've had "no luck" and "gave up and waited a few years and still the same thing", rather than pursuing people half a world away who may be scammers, bots, or looking for a Green Card.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:19 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,397,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
I was bit surprised I got messages from Russian and Ukrainian women.
Why would that surprise you??

Old 02-11-2018, 01:25 PM

I examine myself and I cannot find anything what is wrong. I'm educated I got a bachelor degree in meteorology and minor in computer science. I enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and tennis. I'm a friendly person, I don't come on as rude, not selfish, I respect people. I don't know what else more I can say and offer. Maybe because I don't make a 100k plus salary. Gold digger just as bad as a green card. I don't know which is worst.

Time is running out for me to have a family. I don't want to be 40 plus trying to have my first child.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:28 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,790,954 times
If you like gold diggers, feel free to search across the world.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Why would that surprise you??
Because I hardly ever get any messages in general. Also Russia and Ukraine are conservative countries and they believe in dating their own kind. Least what I thought.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:37 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,763,018 times
Tell us about your circle of friends and your social life in general.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:38 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,088,065 times
Quote:
I examine myself and I cannot find anything what is wrong. I'm educated I got a bachelor degree in meteorology and minor in computer science. I enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and tennis. I'm a friendly person, I don't come on as rude, not selfish, I respect people. I don't know what else more I can say and offer. Maybe because I don't make a 100k plus salary. Gold digger just as bad as a green card. I don't know which is worst.

Time is running out for me to have a family. I don't want to be 40 plus trying to have my first child.
If you don't earn somewhere in the neighborhood of 100K +/-, chances are you are not attracting gold diggers. You describe yourself as halfway decent and normal, and not looking at attaining unrealistic dates.

If you are a woman, time is running out. If you are a man, somewhere around 40 sounds like the perfect time to start a family.

Join a club, food coop, church etc. A place where people congregate. Take or even give a class in meteorology. Dance or Yoga class. Ask people out randomly for coffee. After talking a while see if they are open to a date, dinner out, a movie etc.

A mail order bride is not necessarily a good idea for a partner. She may like you, but you represent a way out of a situation for her. I'm not saying it cant last, but chances are it wont last.

Give it a good effort, and when you are 40 you can revisit the mail order bride idea.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:44 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,165,287 times
Quote:

I've taken a quick look at many of your other posts here. It seems that you have considered this several times before.

You live in SF where the female to male ratio is low. There aren't a ton of available women out there. You are shy. There have been women who were interested in you (the one that wanted you to learn salsa dancing), but apparently, for whatever reason, it didn't pan out.

It is hard to meet people in this day and age, and the older you get the harder it becomes. At your age a lot of the women are married and starting a family.

My advice is to move somewhere else where the ratio is better. Make a lot of friends. Go back to school, if only for the social interaction. Work at a job that has lots of people contact in the age range that you seek. Consider older women who already have kids.

Find small specialty groups with similar interests. Check out Cosplay.

Personally, I would keep my option of a foreign person as last, because even though, sometimes it works out well, many times it does not.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Tell us about your circle of friends and your social life in general.

I do have friends a mixture of male and females whom I'm close to. As far social life, it is bit hard to find a place without going to a bar or club. In this modern world I feel people like using social media to meet people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.