Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:47 AM

818 posts, read 456,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
You've become bored.

The ultimate challenge of a man is to keep their woman entertained, cater to their feelings, provide stimulation.

It's in lecture 101. Sounds like he's failing the course.

Ahhh , that goes both ways in any relationship . Either one can get bored or unsatisfied or not like they way they're treated or what the other one has become and all the rest of it.

lf any women takes it for granted her hubby is all so gobsmacked and smitten , she could well need to open her eyes too,

She might be failing him , he might be too bored with her to wanna bother doing anything.
2 sides to every story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Classic example for the guys... You treat them kind and your loyal and you never fight with them and now it's BORING!

give me a break!!

That's why you don't kiss their a$$. Ever!!

She says black say white just to keep things interesting.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:02 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
Ahhh , that goes both ways in any relationship . Either one can get bored or unsatisfied or not like they way they're treated or what the other one has become and all the rest of it.

lf any women takes it for granted her hubby is all so gobsmacked and smitten , she could well need to open her eyes too,

She might be failing him , he might be too bored with her to wanna bother doing anything.
2 sides to every story.
I agree.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:03 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I agree.
Nearly every person on this thread agrees that probably neither of them is bad, they're just bad together.

OP agrees too and they have broken up to find more suitable partners.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:13 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Lol I went through this a bit with my GF who is 11 years younger (12 right now for a few weeks hehe) and because of the same reasons but it may be different for you. There was never any breakup or threat of that at all, it’s just she felt like we sat home too much and I basically am content and happy never leaving the house. I work from home, I hate the weather where we live, and I specifically engineered everything in this house to make sure it is full of everything I love to do. I don’t get people obsessed with leaving the house as all it makes me think is get a better house?! Like there’s not that much to do anywhere else. It’s the same nonsense over and over and virtually never compares to just watching a great movie at home or playing video games or reading or writing. Not to me anyway.

Our compromise was to find one activity every week to do together where we left the house and it was admittedly fun most of the time but fun because I love her and love our time together. Frankly I still almost never found anything we did to be that great / worth leaving the house FOR but it does instill some variety and you focus more on your partner. It would be things like a pottery show one weekend, an aquarium the next weekend, walking around some small town an hour away another weekend. Until one day we both just agreed it was too mentally taxing even coming up with new things to do each week and they are usually just boring anyway.

My GF is young though and was still finding herself, what she likes, and you’re older so you know. My GF and I hate concerts, we don’t like crowds and people, and eventually she became as much of a homebody as me. She still badly wants to travel a lot and I don’t really care about traveling at all if I’m being honest but my compromise is to make sure we do travel every year and eventually twice a year (once domestic, once international) because I know that’s important to her and I have fun with her so even if it’s not my big life dream I’d be happy to make hers come true.

I don’t want to act like I’m a boring person but the fact is I love to work, I love to create, and leaving the house to me is usually for errands. There’s just not much I care about enough to sit in traffic and bother with. Now I love hiking and I love swimming but I’m in a place where that’s a 3 month a year thing until we move a few years down the road (5...) so until then I just basically content myself with the fact my main hobbies are movies, video games, and watching sports. And with a good home gym I do my workouts here too.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:21 AM

22 posts, read 16,034 times
So here I am a few months after breaking up with my ex and out of the blue he has texted me earlier! Oh my heart is in knots.

Feel awful as he's hurting and missing me. Yes I've missed him and think about him alot. He says he'd do anything to get me back and will make more of an effort and go out more!

Within the several months apart I've been on 2 dates and no connection, just been trying to keep busy and enjoy life and yes my ex was in my thoughts alot!

Now I'm like I only wish I could fall in love with this man again? I really care for him as he showed me so much love, honesty and respect and a friend said to me that's all you need as we get older in life! Would it be different if I go back? (he said he'd make more effort and if I want to go away anywhere organise it and he'll go) I don't want to break his heart again? Would relationship counselling help? Saying to myself do I really love myself enough first? Having all these questions going through my mind and my heart feels in knots! My anxiety and overthinking doesn't help either!

Last edited by Joanne43; 05-22-2018 at 05:53 AM..

Old 05-22-2018, 06:04 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne43 View Post
He says he'd do anything to get me back and will make more of an effort and go out more!

!
From your very first post....
" I've told him this at the last break up and he said he'd definitely try and do more things together and go out more but it rarely happens. "

Old 05-22-2018, 07:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Now I'm like I only wish I could fall in love with this man again? I really care for him as he showed me so much love, honesty and respect and a friend said to me that's all you need as we get older in life! Would it be different if I go back?
No, it won't be different.

Don't do it.

Don't settle.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:43 AM

22 posts, read 16,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
From your very first post....
" I've told him this at the last break up and he said he'd definitely try and do more things together and go out more but it rarely happens. "
I know, he says whatever I want to do just go book it and he'll go! I just don't know really.. I think I need to be in love with myself more..

Old 05-22-2018, 09:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I know, he says whatever I want to do just go book it and he'll go! I just don't know really.. I think I need to be in love with myself more..
Well, yeah, certainly.

But you also don't need to be with someone who can't even plan a damn trip on his own.

"Just book it, and I'll go." Please. Make some effort, dude!

I can't believe "you don't know," Joanne. Snap out of it! For Pete's sake, go back and read all your posts about him and see if you REALLY think anything would be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships