Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:32 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Those women have no call to complain if they didn’t ask anyone out. Sometimes you have to create opportunity instead of waiting for it to come to you. Invisible my , if you don’t take a shot, you won’t win. Simple as that.
And how is that working for you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 09:36 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Those women have no call to complain if they didn’t ask anyone out. Sometimes you have to create opportunity instead of waiting for it to come to you. Invisible my , if you don’t take a shot, you won’t win. Simple as that.
Who says if you make a shot, you WILL win, though? Nobody said women aren't approaching guys, and striking up conversations, or trying to. Even asking a guy out, if they get the chance. As you know, doing that doesn't lead to results, most of the time.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:41 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who says if you make a shot, you WILL win, though? Nobody said women aren't approaching guys, and striking up conversations, or trying to. Even asking a guy out, if they get the chance. As you know, doing that doesn't lead to results, most of the time.
Missing my point entirely. Not playing guarantees you won’t win, rolling the dice gives you a shot to win. You have no right to complain if your sits on the bench in practice instead of participating in shoot around to at least have the coach look at you.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:43 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And how is that working for you?
This ain’t about me, this is about women who sit back and wait for guys to approach them. They can’t complain if they aren’t taking action themselves also.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
This ain’t about me, this is about women who sit back and wait for guys to approach them. They can’t complain if they aren’t taking action themselves also.
The OP mentioned several ways she is actively attempting to meet guys and says she approaches.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Missing my point entirely. Not playing guarantees you won’t win, rolling the dice gives you a shot to win. You have no right to complain if your sits on the bench in practice instead of participating in shoot around to at least have the coach look at you.
You're definitely right, there.

But as JerZ pointed out, this is about the OP, not about other women. The OP says it's tough for her trying to date, in spite of her efforts.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekashiSucks View Post
Truth. Most women are just plain looking, but many of them think perfect men are obligated to fall out of the sky, make all of the effort, and bring a relationship to them without having to lift a finger. Then, they cry about not finding a so called good man.

As for the others complaining about men glossing over women who aren't hot... get over it. The media does enough crying about the standards of beauty as if men have to be open to all women, but it's ok for them to be ten times as picky and critical of men, lol.
Could you provide a couple of links to media articles, as examples? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
As a guy you are the other half of the equation. As I recall you get pretty bent if a woman you don't like approaches you. But the memory of a 50 year old......

Old 04-26-2018, 10:28 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ree View Post
It’s an unfortunate fact of life that physical attraction is the primary force behind the choices we make. Beautiful people get chosen and plain people don’t. No one wants to spend time getting to know a person first, and that’s a shame, because a beautiful person can start looking rather ugly when they bore you or hurt you a lot, and that plain Jane or John can start looking real good once given the chance to treat you well and make you laugh.

I think it’s important to get involved in community and group activities (MeetUps for instance) in which you have an interest. That way you will get the opportunity to form friendships with like-minded individuals and show them what you are really like. Friendship with the opposite gender can and often does develop into a romantic relationship.
I think that would be true for people of all ages, but I suppose it does get harder as we age. Just my humble opinion as a 38 year old widow.
I have always wondered how much great music we have lost out on over the decades because we place so much emphasize on singer's physical appearances.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
I have always wondered how much great music we have lost out on over the decades because we place so much emphasize on singer's physical appearances.
I have no idea what people look like who sing the songs I like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships