Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 11:56 AM

264 posts, read 183,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My neighbor's wife (2 doors up) went Postal on her husband last week. She floored the gas pedal, crashed through the garage door, pushing his car into/thru the retaining wall of their courtyard, and she didn't stop there, she then proceeded to break windows out in the house. And, yes, the police cam and took her away!

I was talking to a co-worker about this story, and I said: Now you wouldn't do something like that, would you?

Come to find out, when she found out her husband cheated on her, she proceeded to slash all 4 of his car tires!

How about you? Ever heard of those going postal over a break-up?

So a guy I was friends with in high school got dumped by his girlfriend (this is several years after high school). He was all kinds of torn up by it and decided to make it go away with a multi-day meth binge. After 3 or 4 days of not sleeping he decided that no one else was going to have her either, so he broke into her garage and when she came home from work he jumped out and stabbed her. She got away and ran towards the street where a guy passing by in a car stopped to help this bleeding screaming woman. So Bill shot that guy as she was getting into the car, but the passerby lived and he and the girl drove off to a hospital. Bill decided that was enough, put the gun in his mouth in the middle of the street and killed himself. The whole thing was wildly unfortunate. He was a fantastic guy when he wasn't on drugs. This is one of the many reasons that I absolutely hate drugs and have a hard time hiding my disrespect for people that use.

I'd say that's about as postal as one can go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 02:41 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I did not realize this phrase had become dated and took for granted that everyone knew what it meant. My kid also thinks I talk like an older person. The fact that younger folks in here don’t know what the phrase “go postal” means is proof he is right. I’m getting closer and closer to driving a Tan Buick and telling kids to get off my lawn.

To answer the OPs question, yea I’ve heard a lot of cases where people go off thier rockers over a breakup. Ask any person who is in law enforcement and they will tell you domestic cases are a huge part of what they do.
My dd, now 26, came home when she was a teenager to tell me she had just seen the funniest movie at her bf's house. They'd watched one of his father's DVDs. It was Blazing Saddles, and she said, "All my life you've said these stupid things that didn't make sense, and now I know where they come from!"

Old 05-04-2018, 03:33 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,745,457 times
Going postal, things I have read...one woman used a chainsaw to cut their house in two. (it must have been a small house). Another woman hid a loaded gun in her husbands suitcase just before he went on a business trip. I once had a woman throw some pots and pans at me (a low-level going postal event).

Old 05-04-2018, 04:07 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,064,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Going postal, things I have read...one woman used a chainsaw to cut their house in two. (it must have been a small house). Another woman hid a loaded gun in her husbands suitcase just before he went on a business trip. I once had a woman throw some pots and pans at me (a low-level going postal event).
You should have taken her OUT to eat for the anniversary.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:27 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,745,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
That relationship ended very quickly.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:59 AM

1,199 posts, read 732,332 times
Yeah. My college ex.

Story time.

This girl was extremely attractive and used to getting her way with men. Well, when I broke up with her it broke something inside her. She literally physically attacked me and then ran out of the house. She made sure to grab my iPod and one of my hockey sticks on the way out though. Not sure her rationale for this. I stood there for a few moments in absolute shock about what just happened. Then when I came back to reality I ran outside after her cause I needed my stick (it was my go to twig) and loved my iPod. When I got outside, she was already pulling out the parking space in her Jeep. I stood in the street in the direction she had to go to leave the complex and she pulled up about a foot away from me, stopped, then GUNNED it, knocking me down and luckily off to the side of the street. Thankfully I was not seriously injured.

I had to call the police. She never went back to her apartment that day as the cops were keeping me updated on the situation, but magically my things reappeared on my front porch the next day. Crazy.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Yeah. My college ex.

Story time.

This girl was extremely attractive and used to getting her way with men. Well, when I broke up with her it broke something inside her. She literally physically attacked me and then ran out of the house. She made sure to grab my iPod and one of my hockey sticks on the way out though. Not sure her rationale for this. I stood there for a few moments in absolute shock about what just happened. Then when I came back to reality I ran outside after her cause I needed my stick (it was my go to twig) and loved my iPod. When I got outside, she was already pulling out the parking space in her Jeep. I stood in the street in the direction she had to go to leave the complex and she pulled up about a foot away from me, stopped, then GUNNED it, knocking me down and luckily off to the side of the street. Thankfully I was not seriously injured.

I had to call the police. She never went back to her apartment that day as the cops were keeping me updated on the situation, but magically my things reappeared on my front porch the next day. Crazy.
She took a hockey stick?

I always wonder with the weirdest stories, whether there wasn't some indication beforehand that the person was certifiable. I can't believe a breakup, even if it's shocking, will literally turn a person violent if she wasn't already.

I feel this way in general, not just women, not just men, etc. I mean people have been in prison camps and not snapped. You know? Did she ever do anything weird before this? I just...can't imagine being reasonably sane and hitting anyone with a car. Unless it was a zombie or something.

The stories on this thread are so Maury, LOL.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:19 PM

2,503 posts, read 1,880,651 times
Years ago, after buying a house, we met our nextdoor neighbors who told us the following story:

Apparently the previous owner's wife was having an affair. The boyfriend would show up shortly after the husband left for work and would stay for a few hours. One day the husband came home in the middle of the day and the boyfriend's car was in the driveway. The neighbor said she thought, "Uh-oh, here comes trouble!"

The husband entered the house, the neighbor heard shouting, screaming and crashes. She was just about to call the police when the boyfriend came running out the house stark naked and took off down the street (he couldn't drive off in his car because the husband was parked behind it). Then the husband came out and proceeded to break every window and light out of the boyfriend's car and pound holes into the body. Then he had it towed away.

The house went up for sale shortly after and we bought it. I assured the neighbor that there wouldn't be any excitement like that from us....

Old 05-04-2018, 02:24 PM

1,261 posts, read 973,784 times
Id always buy the regular stamps instead of the "forever" ones, so when the SO needed to mail a letter, the price would have gone up by then and she would have to buy the 1 cent stamps...

Old 05-04-2018, 02:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
He totally shouldn't have said "Those pants look great! You don't look overweight at ALL in them...wow!" in absolute, utter disbelief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships