Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,121,412 times

Advertisements

I recently got a new(to me) vehicle, it's not much now but I see great potential and a good friend hooked me up with a good deal. I was showing my plans on the car to another friend and her wife and they are split on how that would effect my dating life. one liked my idea's and her wife said I should keep it "as is" and that my changes would more likely attract "Trailer Park Barbie"(her words not mine).

Below is what the car looks like now(the actual car).

And below is the closest photo I could find of same made and model how I want it to look within a year or so(making a 3D model as we speak).
Except Mine will be matte black, not shiny black with thin square light across the top. plus the spoiler in the back. And I'm designing a logo for the sides.

Which of my friends do you think is correct? to me it should not matter but I'm told past a certain age it does.

I'm going to make it reflect my personality regardless, this is just curiosity at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 09:31 AM

102,245 posts, read 108,146,854 times
You're willing to spend thousands of dollars on painting your car a different color, and making whatever other changes? That seems like an odd priority for your money but....whatever.

I think the whole idea of choice of car, car color, or whatever, affecting your dating life one way or another, to be silly. The car's in good shape, looks great. That's all it needs to do, dating-wise, is be presentable, clean.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:34 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,717,794 times
Hi, Cyphorx! I kinda missed you man, I've wondered how you were doing, haven't seen your posts in a bit.

Congrats on getting a new vehicle! It looks nice (the first photo.)

My thoughts on the matte black and additions that you are sharing here, is that it looks like a survivalist/prepper mobile. Are you going to put a "zombie apocalypse response team" logo on it? I keep seeing those around. To be honest the people I see driving those most often tend to be lower-to-middle class white guys who also are obsessed with gun ownership.

But it is also my opinion that most women are more about who a guy is than the car that he drives. The only aspect in which it starts to matter, is in your desire to project your personality loud and proud, and then what you will get from that is that women who feel "nope" about that aspect of you, will filter you instantly upon seeing the "nope factor" whereas if you go more "normal" with what you project, then women have to give you more time and contact to figure out who you are and what you're about...and they may wind up being more forgiving of little disconnects, if you're not putting them on blast.

For instance, my boyfriend loves football. If when I first met him, he had been wearing all Broncos gear and going on and on about his love of football and everything about him screamed in my face, "FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE!" then I would not have chosen to hang out with him a second time. I'd be thinking, "this thing I don't care about is obviously VERY important to you, so we're not a good fit." In fact he does love football just not that kind of obsessively, so it's no big deal when I found it out later, AFTER I learned the many facts that DO make us a good fit. The connections outweigh the disconnects a lot. So what you have to do, is put out there enough connections up front, so that if there are disconnects later, they'll be accepted.

So what kind of a woman will see that vehicle and think of it as cool and a connection point, rather than a "nope" since it is obviously blasting "survivalist" vibes? Well...she probably owns a shotgun. Trailer Park Barbie might not be too far off the mark. I dunno. Probably depends on where & how you are meeting women; it might not be a factor much at all.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:38 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,471,808 times
A Subaru Forester will not attract women. You need a 2 door sports car. Besides, Millennials care more about electronics hardware than a car. Make sure you have a state of the art smartphone when you get their number (Apple preferred), and a high quality flat panel TV set. Good interior furnishings, and a nice apartment/home help too.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:42 AM

102,245 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
A Subaru Forester will not attract women. You need a 2 door sports car. Besides, Millennials care more about electronics hardware than a car. Make sure you have a state of the art smartphone when you get their number (Apple preferred), and a high quality flat panel TV set. Good interior furnishings, and a nice apartment/home help too.
You missed out on the OP's bunker thread, where he showed us his home. He's got the TV & electronics, that's for sure. Not sure if his bunker checks of the other items on your list....

I guess it depends on what kind of woman he's hoping to find. Good luck, OP; I hope you find what you're looking for.

P.S. I can understand the appeal of black, but maroon happens to be one of my favorite colors, fwiw. But maybe you could find a Goth woman, for the black?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-11-2018 at 10:33 AM..

Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hi, Cyphorx! I kinda missed you man, I've wondered how you were doing, haven't seen your posts in a bit.

Congrats on getting a new vehicle! It looks nice (the first photo.)

My thoughts on the matte black and additions that you are sharing here, is that it looks like a survivalist/prepper mobile. Are you going to put a "zombie apocalypse response team" logo on it? I keep seeing those around. To be honest the people I see driving those most often tend to be lower-to-middle class white guys who also are obsessed with gun ownership.

But it is also my opinion that most women are more about who a guy is than the car that he drives. The only aspect in which it starts to matter, is in your desire to project your personality loud and proud, and then what you will get from that is that women who feel "nope" about that aspect of you, will filter you instantly upon seeing the "nope factor" whereas if you go more "normal" with what you project, then women have to give you more time and contact to figure out who you are and what you're about...and they may wind up being more forgiving of little disconnects, if you're not putting them on blast.

For instance, my boyfriend loves football. If when I first met him, he had been wearing all Broncos gear and going on and on about his love of football and everything about him screamed in my face, "FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE!" then I would not have chosen to hang out with him a second time. I'd be thinking, "this thing I don't care about is obviously VERY important to you, so we're not a good fit." In fact he does love football just not that kind of obsessively, so it's no big deal when I found it out later, AFTER I learned the many facts that DO make us a good fit. The connections outweigh the disconnects a lot. So what you have to do, is put out there enough connections up front, so that if there are disconnects later, they'll be accepted.

So what kind of a woman will see that vehicle and think of it as cool and a connection point, rather than a "nope" since it is obviously blasting "survivalist" vibes? Well...she probably owns a shotgun. Trailer Park Barbie might not be too far off the mark. I dunno. Probably depends on where & how you are meeting women; it might not be a factor much at all.
Yeah, there has to be kind of a tipping point. Like, I don't care about a guy's car at all, other than that it's operational and relatively clean. If he thinks that it reflects his personality, that's fine, but there's a certain point where that reflection becomes, "wow, he really cares about this *a lot*, and that might be an issue."

Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,371,830 times
Put on 26" Dubs.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
It matches your personality.

What are you gonna roll up in, a Buick Encore?

Congrats on getting the car. Have fun making it yours

Old 07-11-2018, 09:51 AM

44 posts, read 32,247 times
Well, I live in NYC so cars never come into the equation. My bf does have one but I didn't see it until we knew each other well and he only uses it for excursions.

Keep it red and simple. Or buy another car. The changes you want to make would turn me off in a second and I'm originally from Texas. That's a vehicle for hunting trips with your friends not for everyday life.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:51 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,050,910 times
I think the black one is kind of sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships