Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 11:39 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,158,095 times

Advertisements

I would kind of like to meet that sort of woman too, one who gets thrilled like me when I reach the end of a 4x4 track and discover a very scenic view. A lot of my exploration is along the Colorado River and I've been to the rim at maybe 100+ different spots, many of which require 4x4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 12:16 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
It will be awhile before I get it the way I want it as doing it all at once is kinda expensive, I tend to just keep my eye out for good deals(dirt cheap) often with accessories people take those off of cars before they sell them or trade them in and then sell the accessories on Craigslist or offer up sometimes for pennies on the dollar. as I rarely pay full price for anything.

and "urban assault vehicle" is kinda harsh lol think an underfunded "Unspecified Government Agency"

...Ok I was joking but that actually sounds cool I need to work on a logo.......
OK, that's what I'll do. You got me, with that. But really, do you have any idea how dull those guys really are? They're not 007. lol. But you can pretend.

You may be a weirdo, but you're our weirdo.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Actively seeking & doing both, besides the more I put who I am on blast the more likely the one looking for me(or someone like me) will spot me.
There's a certain logic to this. Everyone else may be diving for cover, as you drive by in your black buggy, but the right woman will be left standing.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:35 PM

941 posts, read 3,915,206 times
This ain't the '70s/'80s anymore. No one cares what you drive as long as it's not an eyesore.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
This ain't the '70s/'80s anymore. No one cares what you drive as long as it's not an eyesore.
Were the 70's and 80's even the 70's and 80's? Did people actually care what car you had back then? I thought that was more of a 50's kind of a thing.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:28 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,121,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Were the 70's and 80's even the 70's and 80's? Did people actually care what car you had back then? I thought that was more of a 50's kind of a thing.

Nope the difference I'm guessing is 50's EVERYONE was into cars as it was the first time the majority of Americans could afford them. sure cars became affordable to the middle class in the 20's - 30's(and even then most households only had one car) but the 50's was when people in their teens and early 20's could afford them(used of course).

But yes the 70's and 80's you had a fair share of car nut's when I was a kid almost every other family had three cars dads car, moms car and the project car dad spent weekends working on. it was usually a classic car, a hot rod, or some kind of 4X4. you don't see that as much these days. most of those self serve carwashes you see sitting empty today? 30 years ago they were packed with either young gear heads and the car groupies, or older gear heads and their bored wives lol.

But to answer your question yep there was more of a car culture then, there is still a car culture but its much smaller.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Nope the difference I'm guessing is 50's EVERYONE was into cars as it was the first time the majority of Americans could afford them. sure cars became affordable to the middle class in the 20's - 30's(and even then most households only had one car) but the 50's was when people in their teens and early 20's could afford them(used of course).

But yes the 70's and 80's you had a fair share of car nut's when I was a kid almost every other family had three cars dads car, moms car and the project car dad spent weekends working on. it was usually a classic car, a hot rod, or some kind of 4X4. you don't see that as much these days. most of those self serve carwashes you see sitting empty today? 30 years ago they were packed with either young gear heads and the car groupies, or older gear heads and their bored wives lol.

But to answer your question yep there was more of a car culture then, there is still a car culture but its much smaller.
Well, I guess I meant: in the 70's and 80's, did women care what car a man drove? I'm sure gear heads cared, but I doubt women cared as much as guys thought they did.

I'm coming to the conclusion that guys spend on primping their cars, or getting expensive flashy models, mainly to show off to other guys, play their one-upmanship games with each other, and all that. They may convince themselves it's to attract women, but it's all about parading around in front of other guys.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:50 PM

941 posts, read 3,915,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yep. If you had a cool car in the high school parking lot, you were popular with many groups, like jocks and pretty girls. To be specific, you got laid. This was the norm in smaller communities.

Like rich teens with Corvettes...or used muscle cars. Or a customised '55-'57 Chevy with a custom paint job, Ansen Sprints/US Indy mags, and diamond-tuck interiors. Lastly, shaggin' wagons (full size tricked out vans).

Old 07-21-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
Yep. If you had a cool car in the high school parking lot, you were popular with many groups, like jocks and pretty girls. To be specific, you got laid. This was the norm in smaller communities.

Like rich teens with Corvettes...or used muscle cars. Or a customised '55-'57 Chevy with a custom paint job, Ansen Sprints/US Indy mags, and diamond-tuck interiors. Lastly, shaggin' wagons (full size tricked out vans).
Well....I didn't have school kids in mind, when I asked the question. I was talking about adults, in their 20's, 30's, 40's...

Old 07-21-2018, 08:36 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,351,672 times
I drive an SUV (Hyundai Santa Fe) and it's never affected my dating. Yes, some women out there will judge you by the car you drive, but do you really want someone like that? There's this crazy theory that you're next to worthless if you're not driving a Tesla, or BMW or Lexus.

And to those who judge, keep it moving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships